Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 03:04:45 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

@#$&*?&@%@$#&@%&@*#$&%@# TRUCK!!!!!!!!!!! Part 2.

Started by Mike S., June 25, 2012, 08:33:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Yes, I stole his thread title. Yes, the transfer case blew up in my truck today as well. Yes, there is going to be one huge bonfire in my driveway. Not really, but I'm not a happy camper.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Firefighter Jeff

djkimmel

I'm not going near my old truck for a few days. This might be contagious!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Waterfoul

Dude... I've driven your truck... A new (used) one or some sort of repair has been in your future for quite some time.   Sorry to hear it didn't wait till fall though.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TheFishinPollock

I know where ya can get one CHEAPPPPPPPPPPPP. :D

that dose suck though. I know exactly how ya feel
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

YpsiBass

Extended warranty on my truck runs out in August and you guys are freaking me out a little.

TheFishinPollock

1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

YpsiBass

djkimmel

1. Don't do anything to jinx another GLBass member!

2. These threads are all starting to look alike!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TheFishinPollock

it's  karma fior givin me all that greif over a duck LOL
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

djkimmel

Mike S.

Upon further investigation, I have found that the problem is my transmission. I really can't be upset. I have neglected that truck for years, and only use it to abuse it. Hopefully it will be back from the trans shop by Friday. Maybe I will even take it to the dealer to get the ABS recall done for the 8th year in a row. It's always a gamble when you try to stop. Lots of fun, right Mike?  I am also going to change all of the fluids, and replace the fuel pump that has been weak for the better part of 5 years now. I really don't want to make another truck payment. Just not as much fun as a boat.

djkimmel

You've got to take care of the things that take care of you.

Mike S.

I know it. I used to love that truck. But, once I saw the first rust spot, I totally lost all interest in it. Sure wish I would have gotten that taken care of then. Oh well, hind sight is twenty twenty.

Waterfoul

Quote from: Mike S on June 30, 2012, 08:11:46 PM
Upon further investigation, I have found that the problem is my transmission. I really can't be upset. I have neglected that truck for years, and only use it to abuse it. Hopefully it will be back from the trans shop by Friday. Maybe I will even take it to the dealer to get the ABS recall done for the 8th year in a row. It's always a gamble when you try to stop. Lots of fun, right Mike?  I am also going to change all of the fluids, and replace the fuel pump that has been weak for the better part of 5 years now. I really don't want to make another truck payment. Just not as much fun as a boat.

Yup, backing up towards the water at Fishermans is always in interesting adventure!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Mike S.

Never a dull moment!  I always worried more about going towards the port a pot before you start backing down the ramp. That could definitely end in a crappy way. Lol!!  

As of right now, the rear end is buttoned back up. The gas tank straps have been replaced. I am waiting on a wrecker to take it to the trans shop this afternoon. Then its off to the dealer for the repeat recall work on the brake system. When that's done, new fuel pump time. I won't know how to act when I only have to turn the key one time to start the truck. It will be like brand new, but with rust. I better go get a tetanus shot before I get back under it!

djkimmel

I think that is the first time I've ever heard someone needing a tetanus shot before or because of working on their boat-hauling machine!

Mike S.

Yeah, she got pretty crusty under the doors, and in the cab corners. I went and got an estimate to get her pretty again, but I really want a newer diesel. Much cheaper to fix mine though. Even after my copay for the doctor visit, I will still be way ahead money wise.

Skulley

Put $1125 and some silver into my truck today.  Ouch is all I have to say about that.  :'(

BD.                    ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com