Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 26, 2024, 08:05:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kim Strickers DVD

Started by McCarter, January 09, 2006, 02:29:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

BTW, up there a few posts, I wasn't cursing about Ike... that was just my Ike impersonation :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Savage

Ike's book is definitely worth a read.  He's the only pro I know that gives you his top ten songs to get pumped up with! 8)

It's a great story, mixed in with some good techniques about how to prepare.  If you can red the first 10 pages and not be pumped up to go fishing, you are not really a fisherman!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

Is one of his songs Shame by Stabbing Westward?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Savage

Don't think he's OLD enough to know that one ;D
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

my wife doesn't like Ike, she was thumbing through his book one day and the part about how fishing basically cost him his marriage, stuck out like it was printed in BOLD.  That also makes me question his integrity.  I liked him more when his actions were more reactions than now when about everything he does seems staged.  even in his video he tries to "play" a fish but really he's just dragging it back and forth for extra camera footage.  he is a great fisherman but i still wonder what he was thinking talking on his cell phone and fishing out of bounds on those DQ's he got.  oh yeah, i'm not running the guy down but before you yell GIANT...make sure you see the bass first...otherwise you end up break dancing to a GIANT pound and three quarters!

Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

I don't think there is a pro out there who is married that hasn't had trouble with that.? You should know better than to let her read your fishing stuff!

You love Ike, and you know it. ;D

I gotta admit, though, he does seem to ham it up a bit too much now, like he's looking for a camera to act for.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

My wife was upset that KVD went down to fish while his wife was in the hospital all that time with their newborn twins...even though there was nothing he could do but wait and everything worked out fo the best..i would hate to think about the circumstances if they hadn't. 
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Savage

That would be a tough situation.  I would never leave my family in the hospital to fish, but it's not my job.  I have left them in the hospital to go to work plenty of times.  I'm sure KVD didn't want to go, but you have to look at how it would affect his standings, and his chances at things like the Classic and the Elite 50.  Not a position I would want to be in!

Of course, KVD's wife got to go home to her 2.3 million dollar home, which softens the blow a bit! ;D
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

blakstr1

thats the thing..everybodies situation is different, i am adoment that fishing would always take a backseat to family issues like that, but of course my situation and KVD's can't even begin to compare.  I'm just thankful that we have been fortunate enough to not have gone through anything like that so far..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

Quote from: Savage on January 15, 2006, 10:15:44 PM

Sounds like I'm probably going to be too OLD to know any of his songs...:D

djkimmel

Quote from: blakstr1 on January 16, 2006, 10:46:54 AM
thats the thing..everybodies situation is different, i am adoment that fishing would always take a backseat to family issues like that, but of course my situation and KVD's can't even begin to compare. I'm just thankful that we have been fortunate enough to not have gone through anything like that so far..

I've been trying to calm myself for a while now about not being able to control many of the things life throws at you... and to prepare for interruptions in my best laid plans.

Just in the past 12 months, I've attended 6 funerals for family and/or close friends. I wonder what I would do in similar situations. I've had to come from a couple trips and get out late for a couple more because of illnesses with family and friends.

It definitely makes you think about a lot of things in new ways. I had a hard time at the level I fish at to make myself come home. I can only imagine what it would be like to have to miss the All-American or the Classic??

I'm sometimes stunned when I just think of the marriages I've seen broken up at the state level where fishing played a part to some degree. Part comes down to people always thinking the other person will change for them (and actually many will, but the patience might not be there for how long it can take to evolve into new ways of thinking and accepting), and part comes from other issues/problems that cause consideration, communication and partnership to be let go. Always a bad road to start down.

I think some of the marriages may have been hasty or not really thought out, so the bond and commitment wasn't strong enough to overcome the reality of living together and accepting the person as they are. Maybe that was what happened in Ike's case? I don't know.

I did try to get my wife to look at the Joe Thomas book back when I was trying to fish the Everstarts the first time and see how I might do. But some stuff on being a tournament angler should probably only be shared when there is time to thoroughly talk it out when both parties are willing to have an open and honest discussion that is actually quite serious. It can be pretty hard to do that. Timing can be everything.

dhuff

I like that DVD.  The part with the largemouth attacking the smallmouth and competing for the bait is awesome.  That just goes to show those PETA people that these fish do not feel no pain.  Once that smallmouth was caught and let go he then went right back to hit again.  Very good footage by Stricker.  I wish someone would do a largemouth video on some of our inland waters now that would be real interesting.

Savage

Quote from: djkimmel on January 16, 2006, 12:48:31 PM
Quote from: Savage on January 15, 2006, 10:15:44 PM

Sounds like I'm probably going to be too OLD to know any of his songs...:D

I didn't say that...... ::)  Maybe I'll look up his list and post it for you, then tell me if you feel old. ;D

Just kidding, I'm pretty old myself.  Just turned 30 last summer, going through midlife crisis.   ;)
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

In keeping with the actual topic of this thread, being related to Kim Stricker and after hearing some of his crazy stories in the past (musical included such as the "Fanatical Movement" band), I'm going to guess that one of Ike's favorites might be something like Bow Wow - Barking up the Wrong Tree??

Savage

Yeah, we made this a hot topic talking about Ike, maybe I should start a new string.  You know what they say about publicity, even bad press gets you noticed.  Ike seems to be the master of that!
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

That I agree with 100% (maybe he should change his name to Ike Springer??)