Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 02:45:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

It snowed today....

Started by bshaner, October 12, 2006, 07:52:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bshaner

....anyone know when April generally arrives? 

I think I have cabin fever already.  I'll be hibernating if anyone needs me.  I've set my alarm to go off when the water hits 65 degrees again.  Just incase I over sleep will someone call me?  1-800-JACK FROST IS THE DEVIL.  k thx.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

spinninbug

One of my salesman told me yesterday that if we got the snow we are supposed to get and it stayed until may we could have winter for 8 months...any ideas what was going through my mind and what I was wanting to do at that moment? :-[  I'm  thinking it's going to be a long winter.... :(
Wendy

The secret of staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.

McCarter

B,

If you wait til the water hits 65 your gonna miss out on a ton of great fishing.  Get out there as early as possible and find em.  Before the season change, when Kent Lake opened for CIR on April 1st, we could get out there and whack them good on suspending jerkbaits and jigs.  Even when  there was still ice on most of the lake.  And 2 years ago, i got one on Cass Lake on April 1st on my very first cast of the year.  Water temps were mid 40s.  I caught a 2.5 lb smallie in 22 f o w on a smoke grub with a 3/16 oz ball head. 

The fish will bite in cold water, you just have to find a presentation they will agree with.

AND.................there is plenty of season left.  There are still a bunch of tournaments coming up.  Dont pack the rods and reels away just yet.  Just dress a little warmer.  This is the best time of year to fish.  This is the time i look foward to the most.  Fishing can become very very easy once they settle into there fall patterns.

PB himself :-\'

bshaner

I meant 65 degrees in Kentucky sorry I didnt specify!  8) j/k.  I will no doubt be out there the very first minute of CIR.

Wow, marriage really stole your sense of humor!!  I want the old PB back.   :D

I dont have any place to keep the boat out of the weather and since I am going to be selling it I want to get it winterized and wrapped up ASAP.  Maybe I'm being paranoid.  It's only paranoia if they arent after you right?

I've got the kid's football season and a drill weekend which will round out the rest of my month and into november only to have another drill weekend so my fishing is pretty much done for the season. 

I didnt want to break the news out and take you off the hen pecked hot seat but since the woman and I have a common law marriage thing going and she thinks we are married I am going to make it official on paper in November not because she deserves it, mind you, it's strictly for the tax break you understand.

So, to recap - my fishing season is definately over.   >:(

B

Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

McCarter

Congrats Bro!!! 

Are tickets available online yet??? 

Thats pretty much how it was with me and my wife.  We had been together for so long it was like, ok why not, at least we will not be 'living in sin', as her mother would put it, any longer.

bshaner

Tickets are available.  I take paypal.  Send the money to my gmail.  We'll announce which county courthouse it will be at once all the money is in.  No checks please.

It's not snowing anymore.  It's blizzarding.

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

Duke

I love fishing in the snow. Like PB said, there is sooo much fishing left!
Duke

Cheetam

Plenty of soft-water fishing left this year.  How many times did we make it out in December last year Brian?
Jeff

McCarter

many! and we caught them everytime.

matt

I went out this morning,30 something degrees only dressed with a hoodie.

BAD,BAD idea....Least i'm not getting snow yet here... :D

I have never fished for walleyes yet,i think i'm gonna start though...I moved from TX so walleyes are new to me.

djkimmel

You should have been way up north camping this past week... fun fun fun!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

i was at my parents home in Onaway, near Black Lake, this past weekend...woke up Saturday morning to a few heavy inches of snow covering everything.  the weight broke branches of almost every tree in their yard...just kept getting worse as you headed west.

felt more like Dec. 14th than October! >:(
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

huston

Perch are biting pretty good on LSC around Harley Ensign. I'm going out WEDNESDAY. I hit them good last week. They were hiting minnows, but after awile I had them hiiting tiny twisters on drop shots.

joshimoto son

Huston,

What kind of numbers and sizes?

I always go for them things in the spring around here, and we used to go over to lake Simcoe and
fish for em thruogh the ice.

If they're in there really good, I might wanna try to find some of them things myself next year.

Getting out there this year is out of the question for me.

Keep cranking them. Got any pictures?

joshimoto son ;D

huston

No pics, but a full belly and frezzer. Me & a buddy caught close to 200 mostly in the anchor bay area. They were all various sizes, We didn't keep  many dinks. Most were five  to seven inches. Minnows are $ 3.00 a dozen at Lakeside and about $ 3.50 at one of the marinas at harley. At Lakeside , people were lined up to get them. That was last  Sunday.  Monday I went back and caught about 37 by myself.