Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:55:26 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Saturdays Game

Started by fales, October 06, 2006, 02:23:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fales

I know im not the only one on her that likes the Wolverines. I was just curious as what everyone thinks the outcome will be. My prediction is Wolverines by at least 3 TDs.

blakstr1

Wolverines 45 - Spartans 10...  The second half will be a little boring while UM empties their bench.  Everyone plays against the Spartans!

Sorry to say Drew Stanton will get hurt sometime before halftime and John L. Smith gets one game closer to being let go before the end of the season, don't fear Spartans Mariucci is in the on deck circle. :P

*FOR SALE*
Attention all you Sparties, I've got 3 couches and 2 chairs for sale at great low barn BURNER prices.  Solid wood construction for durability and your typical long lasting bon fires, whatever use you may desire!

GO BLUE
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

MIBassKid

Yessir! i'm going with the Sparties 30 UofM 24. Bring on them dirty varmit!

(i live in lansing if any of you couldn't tell :)))

djkimmel

I do too, but I think you have the score at least backward, if not showing the exuberance of youth!!! (Probably the best hope the spartans have tomorrow... ;D)

Michigan 31, sparty 13

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fales

Dan-  You called the score exactly. Good one.

For the game it was a good one. Being a Michigan fan you like to see the calls go your way but the first one wasnt a Td. But anyways they did good and got the job done.

How about them Tigers?

MaizeNBlue

Great Call Dan!!! Going to Vegas anytime soon?

Hooksetter

State just didn't have enough talent to beat the Wolverines, as usual.

If not for a sub-par coaching staff MSU would have been losing their first game of the season Saturday instead of their third.

Does John L. get  fired if State doesn't win a bowl game this year? I think he does. He simply has not got the job done.

BIG HOUSE FOOTBALL RULES!!!!!! GO BLUE!!!
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Duke

An ND fan can't keep his mouth shut to a bunch of UM fans forever. So I'm making this bold prediction: UM goes undefeated until OSU; they beat UM. ND wins-out and plays UM in a bowl game and naturally wins. How about that idea though; UM v. ND in a bowl game? Wouldn't that be a bowl's dream? Talk about TV ratings and $$

Duke
Duke

MIBassKid

Hooksetter: I agree with you on John L. getting fired if he doesn't make a bowl game. But truly the decision is made next weekend. If he doesn't beat OSU do they even make a bowl game? So really i think that John L.'s career at MSU is decided next weekend when he gets blown out. Maybe Mariucci??? (wishful thinking)

Hooksetter

MSU could still go to a bowl game even after they lose to OSU. They could win out and finish 8-4 and maybe play in the Holiday Bowl or some other low to mid level bowl game. They could then win that game and John L. would be hailed as the next Jim Tressel ! NOT!

Duke, you are pretty close in your assessment of how the rest of the season will play out for the Wolverines, except for the part about OSU beating UM. I think UM will be playing Florida in the Rose Bowl for the National Championship and will win, finishing 13-0!

If ND was really interested in TV ratings and money, they would join the Big Ten and they would be playing teams like UM, MSU, OSU and PSU every week. Wait a minute! They already are! Seriously, ND should be in the Big Ten. It makes too much sense.
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

djkimmel

Looks like, barring injury and the sometimes weird games that happen in the Big Ten, that the ohio state/Michigan game might be for the national championship this year?? A lot can happen between now and then as seen by Indiana knocking off Iowa (looking ahead maybe??).

As far as MSU, I like it better when they don't collapse so early. I don't have to listen to as much complaining... I heard John L has brought in some bigtime donaters, so that makes it harder to get rid of him.

As far as nailing the score, these things sometimes just pop into my head, like some kind of dartboard prescience. I think I may be a little psycho??

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

blakstr1

Word that I'm getting from a few of my MSU alum friends is that John L. will definitely be let go at the end of the year, no need to get rid of him early, just causes bad publicity for the school.  Somebody has to be the fall guy, I think he has suffered more from poor recruiting than being a bad football guy, I listen to his radio show on am1250 a bit, he does have a great passion for the game, sounds pretty knowledgeable too.  They are saying that Mooch definitely wants to get back to coaching and if he wants the MSU job, its more than likely his.  He might be better suited for the college level....maybe the MSU prayers will finally be answered and IZZO will take over the football too!!

Go BLUE!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com