Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:40:00 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

How do other clubs rate?

Started by joshimoto son, January 09, 2006, 08:04:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

That would be a great idea, especially since all the organizations do it in such different ways.  If you ever see a book like that, I'd love to read it. 

Matt - Sorry if I sounded like I was complaining about the club last year.  That's not what I meant.  I had a great time and loved fishing against the guy who won all the time.  It was a great challenge.  I did wish I could have learned more, but it was a great time.  I hope you and I can fish together sometime this summer!

EmeryJ, so you're into Hold 'em?  I play in a weekly game here on the East side.  We don't play for money, just a goofy plastic bracelet that the winner gets to keep for the week.  But we have a lot of fun and even let some of the wives play.  If you're ever on the East side on a Friday or Saturday night and want to join the game, let me know.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

joshimoto son

Revtro,

Sounds fun, every once in a great while I make it over there to southgate to visit my buddy from college.
I'll let you know.

Josh

Steve

Do i smell a first annual djkimmel Hold'Em tournament?? 8)

Revtro

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

joshimoto son

Before you get too far... those things aren't legal without a permit. I don't want Lt. Dan to get in trouble.

There.... with that said.... if we can figure it out, I'll play!!!

Maybe we can play for baits, or some od Dan's way-points.

MBell

Tom,
I didn't read it like that.  I was just saying that he should have been uncatchable with those finishes, any point system that made him close to the field would have been a joke.  Kind of like the nbaa point system, doesn't give the winners enough point seperation from the rest of the field.  I don't like weight included, everytournament should be worth the same. 
-Matt

Revtro

Yeah, I guess that makes sense.  You shouldn't be rewarded because you fished at a time when the weights were naturally bigger.  That wouldn't seem very fair.  If that's the way it worked, the Bassmaster Classic this year would have meant nothing because no real weight was brought in.  Good point.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Savage

I have been following this string pretty close and listening to everyone's input, and it seems like the best way to do things would be like this:

(This system works better with more tournaments, say 7 to 10)

-Use a points system, 50 points for first, 49 for 2nd and so on down the line, plus the weight of the fish.

-Anyone who burns gets 10 points less than the lowest scoring angler who caught fish, like points for showing up.

-No-shows get zero.

-Allow a guy to drop his lowest, or better yet, lowest 2 days

This really does make it the most fair, and brings the best overall angler to the top.  Sight fishermen get the advantage early, but the best angler will always prevail.  It lets a family guy be more flexible and maybe miss a day or two without getting killed in the standings.  Some things that can be done to help add to the fun:

-Give a points bonus to the guy who hauls in the "bigfish"  Maybe 3 to 5 points bonus.  This could really help a guy out.

-Score the Classic at the end of the year, and make it 75 points for first, 70 for 2nd, 65 for third, so there is a 5 point spread between places.  This makes the Classic  a much bigger event, and might let a guy come from way down the ranks and slide into first at the end.

Just some ideas, but they are tried and tested.  We had 7 events last year, scored like above (without the big bass and Classic stuff) and we dropped our lowest two.  At the end of the year, the winner had 298 points, with 5 other guys with at least 270 points right behind him.  It was very close going into the last event, which is really what we all want. 8)
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

Revtro

Yeah, that was pretty similar to what our club last year did.  It worked pretty well.  I think we had too many points perhaps per event.  We had 200 points per event.  So I think the numbers were a little farther apart, so the classic wouldn't have made much difference.  I could be wrong...I don't totally remember how the points ended up.  But I like that system, it seems very fair if you're going to have a points system.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

dhuff

I like the point systems.  In the club last year as Matt stated it dosn't matter what type of system we had in place when a guy wins 5 of 7 tournaments and gets 2 drops i do't care if we did half points he would still win since we didn't include weights.  To me a  good point system is the only way to go in order to show how anglers did throught the season.

Savage

Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks