Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 11:19:22 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2006 DK Open Champs - fowlmouth & Hooksetter!

Started by djkimmel, September 23, 2006, 08:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

With a beautiful 5 largemouth limit of 11.49 pounds - fowlmouth and Hooksetter are the 2006 DK Open Forum champions. They also took big bass at 3.28 pounds - caught by Hooksetter, but a team effort according the the two forum members.

fowlmouth and Hooksetter easily topped the 8 boat field on Wixom Lake today, bringing in the only limit. Congratulations Rob and Willie!!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BassPlr

Congrats guys!  Good job.  I had a great time out there.  I look forward to the next one.  Dan are you going to post any of the pictures?  I enjoyed meeting everyone yesterday.  It's nice putting a face with the screen name.
Shane

bosshawg

congrats to fowlmouth & hooksetter. definately a nice bag you brought in.  and also meeting everyone to enjoy a few hours on the water.
we did have the weather cooperate and all - only wished my/our (senseisteve) outcome was alot better. we threw a mixed bag of lures out there from tubes, senkos, topwater, spinnerbaits, cranks, rattletraps, etc on flats, shallows, drops, docks, weedlines - what weren't we doing?? if i had a stick of dynamite might have even thrown that, but i'm sure we'd have questions on those fish at weigh-in. LOL
enjoyed the time & hope to do next year. let us know when pics are up.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

bshaner

It was a great time!!  Wish it wasnt the first time I'd ever fished that lake though.  I was on fish, just no keepers.  I dont think dymanite would have done the trick, but in hindsight I'd say it would have been a great way to prefish.  Blow the heck out of the pike so I wouldnt have caught them all day in the tournament.

Congrats Fowlmouth and Hooksetter!!  Who'd have ever thought that would be the pattern in late September, overcast in 65 degree water??  I wont give away which pattern that was but I'm still grumbling!!

Cant wait for next year's open!

Next year I'm putting my better half in the draw early so someone else gets her!!!

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

joshimoto son

I had a great time fishing with Ryan, he's definitely got a lot of drive and asks a lot of the right questions.

For us... the day was over in a few minutes.

We caught our only keeper on a white 3/8 oz Nichols spinnerbait, and we had to entice that one to bite by throwing up into the sandy shallows and bringing it out to the weed line and killing it once it cleared the weeds.

Thanks again Dan for putting it together.

joshimoto son ;D

McCarter

SOunds like everyone had a good time.  Wish i could have made it.  Oh well, there is always next year.  Way to go to Willie and Rob.  And way to go Dan for putting on another great event.

Next years is going to be huge.  I am working with a few people right now, and we are talking BOAT!!!!!

As long as everything comes together, the winner of next years event will be driving home with this baby.

PB himself :-\'

cameraguy

Please don't schedule this on the same day as a UM home game next year (the schedule is already out).  I really would like to participate.  Sounds like a great time. 

Duke

Congratulations. Maybe next year you can head over a little more west and I'll be able to participate.
Duke

djkimmel

Thinking about a spring east event and a fall west event for next year...?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

Does this mean i am going to have to negotiate 2 boats?

MIBassKid

Thanks Dan for putting this together, i think it turned out well. Also thanks to Vince for taking me out and showing me where not to fish ;) just kidding with you Vince, truly a great guy and knows alot about the sport. Sorry i had to beat you so badly but that's the way it goes sometimes i guess?? I caught my first fish on a Booyah white and red Spinnerbait in about 4-6 feet of water, the second fish on a White Bill Dance Fat Free Fingerling in about 8 or 9 feet of water, we ran up to the channels with no luck then ran back to the original spot and caught my third fish on a 1/4 Bleeding Bait Series Spinnerbait. THe fish were hot early but when the baitfish left so did the lunkers...Thanks again to everyone who was involved and it was nice meeting everyone.

Congrats to Rob and Willie

-Kid

Hooksetter

Thanks everyone. I had a great time fishing with Rob. I have to give credit where credit is due. I hadn't been on Wixom Lake in 2 years until Saturday. Rob put the time in to find the spot where we started and we didn't move far all day. Thanks Rob.

Thanks Dan for putting this together. It was good to meet everyone.

I'm all for a spring and fall tournament. I think alot more people would be able to participate in one or the other. I would try to do both.

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Ryan

I also had a really good time fishing on Saturday.  Josh was a great partner with a sweet boat and I picked up a ton of good information from him.  We may not have caught a ton of fish, but that?s why they call it fishing and I still had fun.  Congratulations to fowlmouth and Hooksetter, I was impressed by the nice limit they put together on this seemingly tough day.

Thanks for putting the event on Dan and I will definetly try to fish in future DK events. 

-Ryan :)

VinceR

Congratulations, Rob and Willie.
When Luke and I left and came back, and you guys were still there, I told Luke that you guys would have a limit. That's absolutely one of my favorite spots for good numbers. Thing is, I like to run up the river to go "hawg huntin". Problem with that is "sometimes you get em', sometimes you don't". Guess which one happened Saturday. Still had fun, though.

Luke, looks like I'm going to have to try me some of them "Booyah" spinnerbaits. I really like their jigs. My regular NBAA partner put it to me a couple of times this year with those spinnerbaits. You convinced me!

Between you and me, it was almost as much fun netting them for you, as catching em'.?

Looking forward to next year.

fowlmouth

Had a great time!! thanks again Dan for putting this on, sure was nice to get out and put some faces to these names. I really enjoyed fishing with Willie and thanks to him we didn't "leave fish to find fish" . After it took so long to boat our second keeper
I was ready to move to a spot up the tobacco in search of smallies, if I was by myself I probably would have been all over the lake that day. We fished that area very thoroughly and it paid off, wish I would have fished with willie earlier in the year, probably would have changed my season.

p.s. Hey Willie, how'd you do sunday?

Skulley

Congratulations to all the teams and especially the winners.  I had every intention on trying to make it this year, but was unable to.  Maybe next year.  It has been a busy summer and I have not been able to post much.  I will try to give some fall fishing reports as we head for some of the best fishing of the year....... ;D

BD    ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

I was thinking the other day... where the heck has the 'BigDog' been?? I thought I lost you somehow. Glad you are still out there.

Hooksetter

Well Rob Sunday couldn't have went much better if I had scripted it! We only needed to finish 2 positions higher than the team we trailed for the last Classic berth, so all we were concerned about was? catching a limit. We figured if we did that we had a shot.

Our day started off slow, no action at all until 7:55. I caught a dink on a Sammy to break the ice. Several casts later my partner catches a 14 1/2" lm on a tube so we are on the board. Ten minutes later I catch a 14 1/2" sm on a Senko. Now we think we have a pattern, and we do. By noon we have 5 in the box but have no size and we still need 2 more for a limit. In the next hour my partner catches a 3.83 lb lm and a 15" lm to fill our limit. Now we're thinking we might finish in the money and qualify for the Classic and we did. In fact, our 13.99 lb limit was good for first place, but we missed big bass by 3 oz.

Our first 5 fish were caught in 2-4 fow. We were targeting isolated patches of weeds on a sandy flat. The last 2 came on a j-n-p on the deep side of the weedline, in about 8 fow.

It turned out we had the only limit of the day and ended up only 11 points out of first place for the year. This was one of my best fishing weekends in awhile.

Willie

Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

McCarter

Way to go Willie!  You are on fire man.

canvsbk

You gotta love a guy that throws a Jig n Pig! Congrats!

Spring east and fall west? Wonderful idea! My campaign for Diamond begins!

(that comment probably put an end to ths spring east thing already)
Look past what they want you to see.