Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 10, 2024, 11:31:00 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

How was opening day?

Started by Revtro, April 29, 2012, 08:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

So let's hear some reports!  I am just finishing up renovations on our new church building, so I have to wait until Tuesday or Wednesday.  But if you were out, let's hear how you did.  I'd love to hear how the smallies were affected by this warmer than normal late winter/early spring.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

rangerfan

Went out today (Sunday) for the first time, went over to Saginaw bay and caught 37 bass...all largemouth except a 5+ smallie. Fished shoreline, big northeast wind..no islands. Unbelievable....water temp was 58.

huston

Myself and a few friends launched at the Clinton River cutoff after noon and fished Caupau Bay. We got around 40 Rock Bass that we kept and numerous SM and LM  that all hit Extreme 2 in tubes in various colors. May go back out Tuesday in the noon time.

thedude

6 of us launched 2 boats at 11 mile and fished between fords cove and 12 mile most of the day. Morning bite was good out in 7-9 FOW, darker tubes in the morning, lighter as the day went on. st. clair craw, musk goby, and sand craw produced most of the day and evening, slither and g3 in the AM as well. few better fish on traps.  Key seemed to be finding the gravel/rock piles. Nothing breaking the 5lb mark but lots of 3-4lbers.  fish were somewhat scattered during the day, but each boat probably boated nearly 100 - probably lost twice as many. The evening bite from 5-8 was very productive with some better fish moving up shallow onto the gravel bars in 4-5 fow.  also managed about a 10lb muskie on my 3rd cast - i thought it was a 2lb smallie at first. I see why guys have to catch a 50 incher to make it exciting for them.  ;D
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

djkimmel

Quote from: thedude on April 30, 2012, 10:49:44 AM
also managed about a 10lb muskie on my 3rd cast - i thought it was a 2lb smallie at first. I see why guys have to catch a 50 incher to make it exciting for them.  ;D

Funny quote of the week right there! Good thing this isn't a big muskie site! Battle...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

raisinrat

I have gotten out a few times this week sometime via boat other times fishing some docks. I have been catching lots of bass Smallmouth and Largemouth.Baits of choice for me so far have been Cruncher tubes in Green Myst, Goby Replica in colors Looker and Money Band, X-caliber and Jack-It Lipless cranks , Used a different color everyday and got bit. I have also thrown some Jerk Moneys have gotten some larger fish on this up to 5lbs. Thats for the smallies.

For the Largemouth I have been throwing a new soft plastic called Candy Plastic in the swimmer body shape and doing very well with the Glow Frog color.
Justin Clark

thedude

Quote from: djkimmel on May 04, 2012, 03:20:32 AM
Quote from: thedude on April 30, 2012, 10:49:44 AM
also managed about a 10lb muskie on my 3rd cast - i thought it was a 2lb smallie at first. I see why guys have to catch a 50 incher to make it exciting for them.  ;D

Funny quote of the week right there! Good thing this isn't a big muskie site! Battle...

thats the ski. they are kinda cute if you're into that sort of thing....... i'll give them credit, they try to be as tough as a smallie 1/5th their size.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Waterfoul

It's a nice healthy looking musky though.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Skulley

My opening day was a week later just the other day. I caught 20 or so smallies from 9 mile to Masonic. Jumped around a lot but had a good day just shaking the cob webs out. It was nice to be out after a long winter.

BD.                     ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com