Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 11:57:32 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Background changed. On purpose?

Started by Revtro, September 07, 2006, 01:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Hey Dan,
The background on the forum changed and looks a little freaky.  Is this on purpose or something wrong?
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

This is on purpose - freaky wasn't the comment I was hoping for... but? I haven't been hacked or anything. Reminds me about the story of the little old lady on the airliner that goes through some really bad turbulence. They finally land and as she is deboarding, she says to the pilot, "Sonny, all I want to know is did you land this plane, or were we shot down?"

I changed the whole format a little for all my new pages while I'm still reformatting old pages too. Because I don't like to get bored.

I got tired of the plain manila universe and wanted something a little more contained above some kind of background. I'm only so artistic and was playing with some trees and brush. I drew them over and over themselves until I came up with this hatch pattern I kind of liked.

Sometimes I like stuff no one else does so it would disappoint, but not surprise me if that is the case again. I did like how it blends into my top graphic. Also, it is a low over head graphic so it loads fast.

You are my first 'vote' and I take it as a no. Darn. Oh well, you can't get a hit every time. Guess I'll see what other comments I get before I decide what to do.

No matter what, I promise I am not changing the content parts of the forum or web page - just the background and the header/footer area.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Revtro

Dan, you're funny.  It looks ok.  It just took me by surprise, so I thought perhaps something was wrong on my end, hence the "freaky" comment.  I do like the way it blends into the graphic though.  Art is subjective anyway, so have a ball.  I think part of the issue on my side is that my screen res is 1280 x 1024, so the hatch pattern looks microscopic to me.  But most people don't run at that res.  So don't base anything on my opinion.  Didn't mean to be a critic.   :P
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Well, I value opinions and I know I can count on honest and straightforward from you.

I have Firefox to test with now besides IE, but I need some others yet. I also forget to test at different screen resolutions (I'm biased towards 1024x768 - I was running 1280x1024 on a 21" monitor, but it's been a while since my last eye appt... so not for now - plus I run 2 19" flat screens on one PC at work with the screen spread across them - impresses the non-PC people when I move things back and forth ;D)

Thanks for reminding me to test more variables in the future. I'm glad you don't hate it :)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

McCarter

I like it!  New look, same great taste.  Its nice to have a change of scenery every once in a while.

PB himself :-\'

joshimoto son

I was just telling Bshaner last week, that the yellow was getting a bit old. And then today, when I get back to work... TA DA!!!!

I like it!

joshimoto son ;D

bshaner

It is much easier on the eyes!  I like the format.  It's a nice clean crisp windowsish look.   I think it's a keeper!!

Looks like your attempts to keep Joshimoto off the site were futile DK.  Dont tell me you gave him another login!  :P

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

djkimmel

Glad you like it. I'll probably change the rest of the site later... in my spare time ;D

This is a major upgrade. Many new functions I haven't even had the time to learn yet because it caught me off guard. I thought they were a ways out yet.

New thing one: you can quick edit your own posts now in place by clicking the little icon in the lower right above the 'Report to moderator' link.

bshaner... I forgot to think josh might have help from someone?? ;D

stackenem

Dan I like the blue reminds me of the sky in the middle of summer. This way we can at least dream about warm weather and big bass while looking at something other than grey skies.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

Yeah - eventually, I will do multiple schemes and let people pick their own... in my spare time again ;D