Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 30, 2024, 08:28:16 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Detroit Lions Kevin VanDam Charity Fishing Tournament set for June 12 Kent Lake

Started by djkimmel, March 30, 2012, 10:38:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on April 11, 2012, 12:51:08 PM
Quote from: UAWBigDog on April 11, 2012, 12:01:57 PM
I am just looking for one of those Corporate Sponsors to pay my way dartag. My point is as long as they pay my fee, I'll take whoever they want to put in my boat with me that has paid their fees. Otherwise, too rich for my blood.

BD                        ;D

That would be nice.   If we only knew some rich web site owner.  maybe a bass fishing web site owner.

You should start your own fishing web site. We can then compare notes! Maybe you'll help me figure out a few things?!? I'm sure I'm doing it wrong!!! ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Mojo

Quote from: djkimmel on April 11, 2012, 06:11:40 PM
My point is as long as they pay my fee, I'll take whoever they want to put in my boat with me that has paid their fees. Otherwise, too rich for my blood.
BD                        ;D

That would be nice.   If we only knew some rich web site owner.  maybe a bass fishing web site owner.

My sponsor got me and 1 lucky boater in the event - no cost to us..  :D

MY point being, if I'm in this event, it proves you don't have to be rich to get in..... Sometimes the company you keep and care for ...... takes care of you    ;)
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Mojo

I'll do some checking to see if they need boaters / boats. If you're interested and have a 19 ft or bigger boat, PM me.

Skulley

Quote from: Mojo on April 11, 2012, 09:31:00 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on April 11, 2012, 06:11:40 PM
My point is as long as they pay my fee, I'll take whoever they want to put in my boat with me that has paid their fees.........and whoever is in my boat will catch fish.   Otherwise, too rich for my blood.
BD                        ;D

That would be nice.   If we only knew some rich web site owner.  maybe a bass fishing web site owner.

My sponsor got me and 1 lucky boater in the event - no cost to us..  :D

MY point being, if I'm in this event, it proves you don't have to be rich to get in..... Sometimes the company you keep and care for ...... takes care of you    ;)

Of course you don't have to be rich to get in Mojo as long as you got a big corporate sponsor or know someone that can pay your way because he is a big sponsor of Detroit Lions Football.  Your sponsor doesn't advertise on GLB so you can't mention him.  Or he does and you won't.  Sometimes you get lucky Mojo and sometimes you don't.    

My point was that I would fish it, but I am not paying $500 to fish it with a bunch of rich guys who could easily pay my way for me and have the use of my boat that is 19 feet along with my vast knowledge of bass fishing and Kent Lake.  Kent is only so big so the fish don't have miles and miles of places to hide like out on the big water.  I'll be spending some time there this spring any how.  Always do.

So Schwartz and KVD like each other.  Detroit Lions employ Schwartz owned by the Ford's.  KVD is employed by Toyota who we all know is one of his top three lead sponsors.  A bit of a conflict of interest here unless KVD is going to show up with a boat that doesn't say Toyota and driving a Ford truck for the day.  I wonder how Toyota is going to feel about all this.  There is quite a bit of advertising when it comes to these things too.  That could mean a lot of vehicle sales for both Ford and Toyota.  He can always get another boat (Nitro) from his brother or another one of his sponsors.  I am sure he can get anything he asks for.  He is the King and it's good to be King.  Ah yes, the politics of the charity event.  Just can't get away from it.  Politics all over the place.  But of course when there's big $$$$ there's always politics.

Soooo, what does Gostenek or Ferguson get for a trip to Kent.............$350 for an 8 hour day or there a bouts??  So Marathon has Ferguson in because any one who is any one who lives in Michigan knows Ferguson is sponsored by Marathon and Marathon is a big sponsor of Detroit Lion Football.  Who does Gostenek have??  Village Ford of course. The Lions also have Village Ford.  What a coincidence as we all know the Lions are owned by the Ford Family.  So deductive logic will tell you that Gostenik is going to be there. Probably any other local guide that fishes Kent and and is affiliated with a big company that would be affiliated with the Lions as well as KVD. So we can now probably assume that others from the Elite Tour will be there too.  Probably Jeff Kriet, Zona, or anyone else who hangs with KVD.  Maybe Davy Hite, or even Swindle.  You just never know. Maybe even Dan Kimmel.    :o      :o     :o    And they probably won't need a regular guy like me if all those guys show up.................especially that Dan Kimmel guy............they say he can smell where the bass are hiding.     :o       :o       :o

BD                           ;D

If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

I don't have any sponsors among those listed...? Your list is kind of like 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon! This could be fun!

I hope Zona is there! He's a funny guy!

I wonder if Z knows Kevin Bacon? Z was in a movie?!? Not with Kevin Bacon! But with Bill Engvall?? That's almost like being in a movie with Kevin Bacon... Rumor has it Z also finished 2nd only to Byron Velvick for The Bachelor that year?!? That should be enough to get anyone into a fishing tournament with KVD and this Schwartz fellow everyone keeps talking about!

Mojo

My print , banner, t shirt guy - the same one I've had and mentioned at the bottom of every one of my posts,  distributes for KVD. I think I told you about him last year, when we tried to get a few lures to him, but you prolly thought I was full of BS.. Actually you KNEW I was full of it. ..... Soooo.......who was that ? ...... Wait for it ....... Oh That was me laughing now  :D :D  

However, I'll earn my keep by volunteering a half a day actually making the jerseys for all contestants, he didn't even have to ask.......

Heard Kevin is bringing as many of the B.A.S.S members who have the day off, hence why it's on a Tuesday. No politics there, and it's gonna be filmed with B.A.S.S getting to keep the footage.   BUT,  birdie told me they may need help, and so far two GLB members PM d me, so we'll see what happens.

I'm just happy to help anyone wanting to help out that day, my one sponsor has put together a huge tackle pack for the raffle prizes. That's pretty cool. My family is spending the day on our new pontoon and at the water park so if anyone else is planning  attending let me know. I'm fairly certain the other ramp is open to the public, :o AND, it's $50 charity to do the meet & greet. Hmmmm. It's for charity. Everyone come join. Meet the 2011 playoff Lions. Fish for a while, enjoy life .... Your years are numbered, and you never know.

djkimmel

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on April 13, 2012, 01:59:51 AM
Whatever you do, don't let your excitement peak too early...

Yeah really.

And I didn't hear any laughter nor did I ever laugh at you Mike for any reason and I really don't know what you're talking about. You never told me any of that. But congratulations. I am glad to see its all worked out for you.

BD.             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com