Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 04:12:29 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Where will you be on April 29th?

Started by Revtro, January 05, 2006, 04:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBell

Thanks Dan didn't  see that, now my bass fishing will start on the 29th and I can leave those sheephead alone. 
-Matt

djkimmel

Shoot! You can still catch sheephead... :D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

stackenem

Just found out that instead of being able to fish on the 29th I have to put on the penguin suit at my youngest sons wedding. There goes another opening day. Good thing is the new daughter in law wants to fish tourneys with me. Don't know if that is good or bad.
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

Dan

I plan to where grooves in the road from my house to Muskegon Lake to try and get ready for the first Classic Series event. Don't know the lake but hope to learn it and those lakes that everyone will be running to from there.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Vic Cerabone

Cass, Kent, or Lake S.t Clair.  I'm goign to use the new C&R season on LSC to bring out some of the folks I don't often fish with.
NBAA Motor City Inland Challenge
http://www.nbaa-bass.com/pages/divisions/div_details07.php?division_id=88

C-Sports Optical Pro Staff - Rx Sunglasses

McCarter

I will be on Lake St Clair gearing up for the ABA Paper tournament out there.

I have never been on 'the pond' before the opener.  I look foward to it, but will probably struggle.  I usually manage around 13 - 15 lbs catching post spawn smallies on opening day, but always out deeper.  I have never bed fished out there and suspect that is what it is going to take to win.  Maybe i can find some fatty pre spawners in the same areas as my post spawn fishys.  Scratch out fattys, im looking for long fish, being that it is a paper tournament, the longer the better.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

dartag

Quote from: PoorBoy on January 26, 2006, 07:51:16 AM
never bed fished out there and suspect that is what it is going to take to win.? Maybe i can find some fatty pre spawners in the same areas as my post spawn fishys.? Scratch out fattys, im looking for long fish, being that it is a paper tournament, the longer the better.

PoorBoy himself :-\'

do like they do down south..   tie them to a stump so you know where they are on opening day....  i won't tell anyone..

ss

McCarter

you might be onto something :D

PoorBoy himself

Revtro

Brian, you're gonna love it out there in April and May.  I used to do quite a bit of walleye fishing (inline trolling) that time of year on St. Clair and always hooked into a ton of smallies.  You could throw a shoe out there that time of year and catch them like nobody's business.  I can't wait.  I'll be out there a lot this spring trying to get my friends who have a nominal interest in bass fishing totally addicted to St. Clair Smallmouth.  Yee Ha!   ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

blakstr1

I'll be somewhere around mid-Michigan..the Bay, Sanford, Wixom???  Looking forward to it even if I haven't decided where to go..
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Hooksetter

Unfortunately, I will not be fishing in Michigan opening weekend. I will be in South Carolina with my wife and my mother visiting long lost relatives. I will be taking enough gear to get out fishing somewhere down there but I don't know where yet. I am open to suggestions. This will be my first time in that region of the country. I know ther are alot of great places to fish but I will be limited to 1 or 2 days tops so I would appreciate any suggestions for lakes or rivers that could make my time spent there more memorable.

Hooksetter
Peace.
It does not mean to be in a place where there is no noise, trouble or hard work. It means to be in the midst of those things and still be calm in your heart.

Savage

I'll be right where I always am that time of year, (er' I mean where I'd like to be every year ;D) pulling fat smallies off a deep point on a liitle lake I love up north.? They love that X-rap.....

If I happen to be down here in Sag-nasty, I'll probably head for Sanford or Wixom?and go up river to my favorite spawning grounds.? Start shallow and work back until I find them, and then WAIL on 'em! ::)? I'll have to get there before Blakstr does!!! :-X
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

Hooksetter, if you are going to be anywhere near Santee-Cooper, they are both fun to fish. I liked the lower lake better - Moultrie. You'll probably hit it at the end of spawn or post-spawn there. Sounds like you aren't taking a boat. There are shore-fishing areas there you could probably catch some fish at. Of course they have a lot of big catfish too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

225XS4Garza200PXL

On April 29th, I will more than likely be at home...

aka... Lake St. Clair...

Jose

You guys see the white and blue Stratos... come say hi...
Jose Garza

Guide and Tournament Angler - Book a Trip Today!!
www.josegarzafishing.com

Stratos Boats - The Performance Company
www.stratosboats.com

Wonderland Marine West
www.wonderlandmarinewest.com

Provider Tackle - Pro's Choose It, We Supply It!
www.providertackle.com

Nemesis Baits - Hand Poured Goodness in Every Bag!
www.nemesisbaits.com

Mizmo Bait Co.
www.mizmo.com