Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 10, 2024, 12:08:13 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

2012 frogs only thing

Started by bob o, March 16, 2012, 02:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

djkimmel

I would go with frog shaped based on previous discussion on this thread and last year's thread. If in doubt, ask 'tournament director' bob o.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bob o

Quote from: Mojo on August 09, 2012, 07:17:01 PM
GLB Frog Only Championship
Boater             Non boater
Frank                Dinkfinder
Vince                Jay
Mike smith.        Veronica
CmuRoss           Eric
Bob O               Mojo
Bosshawg          Ypsibass
Derek               Dan kimmel

We have 7 teams who qualified for this years championship...  Lets try this for money - $30 total for each boat, $20 for mike and Veronica. Winners get $100, 2nd is $60 and one big bass  gets you $40.

There will be a banquet afterwards at Camp Bob O.  If you are staying after, please join us, and tell us what side, drinks, main food you can bring. Needs:

* Hotdogs  1 pack of brats bob o
* Hamburgers 1 pack of pre shaped burgers bob o
* Buns and lettuce and tomato and cheese and condiments 1 pack each hot dog and hamburger bob o
* (3) 2 liters and ice
* Beer 1 case of dark and light colored beers for black and tans bass, guiness, bells two hearted and stout bob o
* potato or noodle salad
* plates and cups and forks and knives

the money sounds good to me

does any one have a canopy type rain shelter we might need at the weigh in or at the campsite

bob o

mikesmiph

Veronica says "NO WAY" on the discount because of her. She says shes gonna outfish most of us. We'll pay the $30. LOL

djkimmel

How do you know the discount wasn't for you?!? :o
;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Frank

From what I recall.  it was  $20 a man, $5 was big bass,  Not too expensive but you could win your gas money back.  I also think it was more geared towards frog shaped.  I think that big frog head lure with a buzz on the back counted, however you could not put a frog trailer on a spinnerbait or buzz bait.  Though, as always, I'm probably wrong.

Frank

bob o

Quote from: fbenn12122000 on August 10, 2012, 12:01:01 AM
From what I recall.  it was  $20 a man, $5 was big bass,  Not too expensive but you could win your gas money back.  I also think it was more geared towards frog shaped.  I think that big frog head lure with a buzz on the back counted, however you could not put a frog trailer on a spinnerbait or buzz bait.  Though, as always, I'm probably wrong.

Frank

yea last year we ruled out the buzzfrog b/c it was just too close to being a buzzbait. if anyone has any frog stuff there not shure about we can vote on it at the ramp before we blast off, umm i mean troll off.

and by the look of the radar i'll be showing up today after the rain passes proabaly early afternoonish

bob o

Quote from: Mojo on August 10, 2012, 12:01:26 AM
Vince                Jay
CmuRoss           Eric
Bob O               Mojo

We have 7 teams who qualified for this years championship...  Lets try this for money: $30 a boat.  Winners get $100, 2nd is $60 and one big bass gets you $50

There will be a banquet afterwards at Camp Bob O.  If you are staying after, please join us, and tell us what side, drinks, main food you can bring. Needs:

Bob O           * Hotdogs  
Bob O           * Hamburgers
Bob O           * Buns and lettuce and tomato and cheese and condiments
Mojo             * (3) 2 liters and ice and water / gatorade
Bob O           * Beer
                  * potato or noodle salad
                  * dessert
                  * side dish
                  * weather canopy

Rules Director: Bob O sets the rules for lures. Any questions and answers go through the Frog Daddy  ;D

just want to clairify that it's onky (6) burgers and (8) brats so depending on how many stay for the food we might/will need more meat. we caould always make a food run if we need to

VinceR

I will not be staying afterward (I have a club function to attend, immediately following), but if you need to make a market run, there is a market in Laingsburg (corner of Woodbury and Grand River), about 10 minutes away.

YpsiBass

Quote from: djkimmel on July 15, 2012, 04:28:17 PM
Get yourself on I-69 N and keep driving until you get to US-127 N in Lansing.

Take US-127 N about 8 miles North to exit 91 - Price Road.

Turn Right on Price Rd. Drive about 5.5 miles.

After you cross Shepardsville Rd (Stop sign for Price Rd), take the 1st Left into Sleepy Hollow State Park directly back to a very nice boat ramp.

The online maps have not been updated yet to show the boat ramp only new entrance off of Price Rd. The main entrance to the State Park and campground no longer goes all the way around the lake and the old night entrance off of Shepardsville Rd is also closed.

I'll be driving in the early morning and thus in the dark.  Are these directions accurate to the ramp? I can get in with the recreation pass too?

Google maps shows a launch north of price rd on shepardsville...

VinceR

Quote from: YpsiBass on August 10, 2012, 10:32:43 AM

After you cross Shepardsville Rd (Stop sign for Price Rd), take the 1st Left into Sleepy Hollow State Park directly back to a very nice boat ramp.

The online maps have not been updated yet to show the boat ramp only new entrance off of Price Rd. The main entrance to the State Park and campground no longer goes all the way around the lake and the old night entrance off of Shepardsville Rd is also closed.

I'll be driving in the early morning and thus in the dark.  Are these directions accurate to the ramp? I can get in with the recreation pass too?

Actually, if you are coming from Ypsi (assuming, based on screen name), The fastest route will be to take I-94W to US-127N (exit 138), US-127N (about 50 miles) to Price Rd (exit 91), Price Rd east and follow directions that you have from there. Recreation Passport will absolutely get you in.

mikesmiph

We're gonna stay for the cookout. We'll bring some mac salad.

MSURoss

Should I bring donuts or something else?

Mojo

Vince                Jay
CmuRoss           Eric
Bob O               Mojo

We have 7 teams who qualified for this years championship...  Lets try this for money: $30 a boat.  Winners get $100, 2nd is $60 and one big bass gets you $50

There will be a banquet afterwards at Camp Bob O.  If you are staying after, please join us, and tell us what side, drinks, main food you can bring. Needs:

Bob O           * Hotdogs  
Bob O           * Hamburgers
Bob O           * Buns and lettuce and tomato and cheese and condiments
Mojo             * (3) 2 liters and ice and water / gatorade
Bob O           * Beer
Mike S          * mac salad
                  * dessert
                  * side dish
                  * weather canopy

Rules Director: Bob O sets the rules for lures. Any questions and answers go through the Frog Daddy  ;D

just want to clairify that it's onky (6) burgers and (8) brats so depending on how many stay for the food we might/will need more meat. we could always make a food run if we need to
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

djkimmel

My partner can't stay I believe but I'm driving up and planned on staying. I forgot to get anything so lets see what is needed in the AM and I could do a food run afterwards to the store in my little car.

djkimmel

Quote from: YpsiBass on August 10, 2012, 10:32:43 AM

I'll be driving in the early morning and thus in the dark.  Are these directions accurate to the ramp? I can get in with the recreation pass too?

The launch access off of Shepardsville Rd was closed after the new ramp drive opened. All that 'entrance' ever was was night access after the park closed. It was often locked when I tried to use it early or late anyway, and not a nice place to try to turn around with a boat trailer at all! The old way was really in the main entrance further down Price Rd and then a long, leisurely drive at 25 mph around the entire lake to the ramp.

Like I said, the new entrance is not on the online maps yet but it is WAY easier than it used to be! Way shorter! Just past Shepardsville Rd ON Price Rd. Very quick into the ramp. The old road around the North end of the lake has been closed somewhere past the beach.

The MDNR got this one right and created a nice, improved ramp access and parking for Lake Ovid. Tim, the park manager, probably gets most of the credit. If you are staying for the campground cookout / story-telling afterwards, you'll have to exit the ramp back onto Price Rd to the left and go back in the main entrance a little further down the road to get into the campground on the other side of the lake.

P.S. I would not lead any of you astray. ...well, I would not lead most of you astray! ;D

P.P.S. WATCH OUT FOR DEER! There's about a 'million' of them North of Lansing and along Price Rd and even going into the park through either entrance. Pretty common to have them get in the way. Later in the day it could be pedestrians, horses and bike riders too. They're pretty strict about the speed limit there for good reason.

YpsiBass

I remember now what feeling dry is like now that I'm home...

Frank

djkimmel

Started raining steady about 1 mile onto Price Road this morning on the way to the ramp. Stopped raining steady about 200 feet from the ramp as we motored up to get the trailer. At least it stopped raining for the big weigh in and the even bigger cookout! ;D

New lake next year. Watch for a bob o poll or something I heard.

bosshawg

the winners!
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

bosshawg

and the rest of group..
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters