Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 02:39:37 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

fishing kent lake

Started by fiker, August 16, 2006, 11:15:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fiker

I'm heading over to Kent Lake tomorrow, (Thursday) and do a little fishing.  Actually probably a lot of fishing, and not much catching. 

Would anybody share some tips on that lake for this time of year? 

I promise not to share with anybody, save my partner tomorrow. 

If you would like, you can pm me, and not tell the world.

thank you.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

McCarter

fish along the channel edge with tubes and/or jigs.  Maize and I went out there last night.  Caught a few on both.  Caught some in the back lake flippin lay downs as well.

PB himself :-\'

Bender

I just got back from there (Sunday morning). It was pretty windy and the water was muddy. Only had one along the north shore and another on a tube-craw in 10 fow along the north part of the old lake. That lake was really difficult, I had a hard time locating structure and when I found something down there it was only because my hook was snagged on it. :(
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

MaizeNBlue

I was out there this morning as well, was pretty windy, and the water has been stained for weeks. Caught 7 keepers and 2 shorts, including a pair of 4lb smallies. Caught 4 of them in 2-5 foot of water the rest in 8-12. Seems they were holding the break lines pretty good, one way or the other. . All came on tubes. Bender I was in the white Lund, with the pretty blonde in the back, next time you see me out there, come say hello and I'll see if I can help ya out any.

Bender

That is only my second time on that lake, but if I go back I'll keep and eye out for you. I was in the little blue aluminum Woodland with low sides by myself. I lke the lake a lot since there is no traffic and a lot of area, I just can't seem to find the fish there. 
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

bshaner

So that was a pair of 2 lbr's by PB standards?   :o

B
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

MaizeNBlue

lol *rolls eyes*
At least everyone around didn't have to listen to  PB yell and curse about the weight.

bshaner

But that was the fun part!... ;D
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

toadseeker

Hello all.  I'm thinking of heading to Kent Lake this Friday fun fishing with a buddy.  I've only fished Kent in the spring before the weeds get bad.  Some good days some bad days.  My question is, are there tons of weeds choking the hole lake out there right now or do they treat the lake for weeds?  I was gonna fish along the old channel edges from the right of the east launch all the way down to the bridge.  Maybe some edges of the deeper water area on the west side of the lake.

:)

fiker

Weeds didn't seem to be the problem for me.  At least not in the "main" part of the lake.
By the dam on the "back" lake, they got a little thicker. 

The problem I had to deal with was water clarity.  I found there to be quit the algal bloom going on.  Visibility was limited.  It was one of those times (out of many) that I wished I had an underwater camera.  I'd like to know if down deeper the water was actually clearer. 

Caught a couple on tubes, one on a deep diving crank, and on on a stick bait.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

MaizeNBlue

The weed cutter machine was parked on at the East launch on Sunday morning. Looked like the had just finished cutting the weeds down again.

Bender

I went out there again today (Sunday) for 5 hours. No fish. Several bites, but no hookups. I talked to a couple other people that had nothing also. It was pretty windy and cold. I tried shallow, deep (30), cranks, finesse, etc. I think that I am done with that lake.
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com