Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 10:26:54 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Where to get a Trailer Axle Straighten and Aligned????

Started by LennyB, March 07, 2012, 01:31:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LennyB

Hi Guys,
I noticed one of my tires on my Ranger trailer is wearing unevenly. It is wearing extra fast on the outside edge. I called Ranger and they suggested taking it to an alignment shop to see if it can be straightened. Then I called Wonderland and they said they couldn't straighten it but there is a little adjustment that can be made by loosening and re-tightening the mounting bolts. I don't think that would fix it however. Then I called Wilson's Marine and they said that the axles cannot be straightened. Next I decided to call Randy at D and R and he said they can be straightened at a frame shop and in the worst case scenario I would just have to replace the axle which they could do. Last I called Harold's Frame Shop in Livonia near the house that is very reputable as far as straightening auto frames and axles and they said bring it by to see if it is straightenable. I think if they can't straighten it no one can. Has anyone ever had to have an axle on a Ranger or similar rig straightened and realigned and does anyone have anyone to recommend in SE Michigan. Right know I'm debating whether to cart it across the state to D and R or just have Harold's try to fix it. Any advice or ideas is appreciated. ~ Len B.

Eric

I had one of mine straightened in Richmond, Virginia at a truck spring shop last summer if that helps.  If not, it sounds like most any shop of that type can do it.  I plan to take mine to South Kent alignment in GR to get the other one straightened once I get it out for the spring.  I think it should be no problem for a frame shop like you are talking.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

oldjigger

I just called South Kent  Alignment in Grand Rapids and he said he would like a couple of days notice, that he had an enclosed fence, and as an estimate he would guess about $125.  I have a bent front axle which wears the outside of my tires of about every two years

Genie

I just went through that as well ... leftover from a Dan Kimmel adventure.  I used Grapewood Frame and Axle in Grand Rapids (Wyoming actually).
Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

LAPORTE

Len, Call Stans Alignment in Belleville Talk to Radar or Dennis ask them about it. they are the best around
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

oldjigger

I've seen where you can buy new axles for under a $100 and do a install.  How easy is it for them to straighten and know it's straight?

LennyB

djkimmel

I need a new axle for my boat because I messed up a spindle somehow and it is all one piece. It ain't going to be $100 and it isn't going to be replaced anytime soon. With the gas prices as they are again, I look at it as saving money from not burning gas I shouldn't and having more time to work on websites I should.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Genie

Grand Rapids, MI
Stop Wishin' and get Fishin' with MyFishingLogs.com
http://www.myfishinglogs.com

Insanity - Doing the same thing and expecting different results.  Stop the insanity!

djkimmel

Quote from: Genie on March 09, 2012, 07:26:10 AM
You can still fish with me Dan.

Cool. Even if I get my trailer fixed, which might not be as expensive as I thought it would be, I'm not going to run around burning too much gas for a while. I'm thinking... fish with you, borrow a kayak, do more shore fishing.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LennyB

I friend of mine said to call Ranger and get a price on a brand new axle with shipping, so I did. A brand new axle with spindles was $143 plus $80 for shipping. They said you do not have to have an alignment because the axle can only be mounted in one specific spot. Install and it should be good to go. I will have to install the breaks, hubs, bearings, etc.... I think for the price difference between straightening, if it can be, and buying new, it is better to go with a brand new axle.

djkimmel

Yeah, even my older axle was a lot less expensive than someone locally had told me. I may just get the old trailer fixed this year yet. Good luck with yours!