Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 09:46:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Plano Tackle Boxes

Started by 32eml24, March 03, 2012, 11:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lightningboy

You can do that?  Come to think about it, I really never looked at the warranty on Plano boxes.

I moved to the falcon boxes and bags several years ago.  Absolutely love 'em.  Baits stay untangled.  But Now I got to baby them since Plano bought them out.

Hey bigjc: Lost my partner, and took some time off.  But we're back at Belleville this year for Tuesdays.

Redbone

I am pretty sure plano has a lifetime warrenty...???  Free replacement.  They did with a tackle box I bought several years ago.  If I get time, I will do some research today.

Dan

I have eliminated completely the rusty hook problem that I use to have. I have one deep plano that will hold prescription pill bottles standing up. On each top I use a black permanent marker to label the size hook, jig, etc. I keep a silica packet in each prescription container. When I'm out fishing and open that box none of the hooks inside can get wet.
I also can and do take out the hook container that I'm using most and keep it in my pocket, so it saves me time getting a new one out if I need to.
If it's raining I can protect the top of the prescription bottle better from the rain and get a hook without exposing any other hook. It works perfectly, and I honestly have not had a rusty hook since I have started doing this. I also can keep a much better inventory of hooks and jigs this way. What can I say, you ought to try it.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Quote from: Lightningboy on April 26, 2012, 11:56:17 PM
BTW- If you've got rust, use it as a chance to update all your hooks to sharp, modern designs that catch easily.  Then just prevent the rust.   ;)

I will be doing lots of updating to modern designs this year. I'm a slow learner apparently...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: Lightningboy on April 27, 2012, 11:16:36 PM
KVD always preaches efficiency; taking a hard look at your tackle systems and how your manage them keeps your hardware in good shape, and reduces wasted time on the water.

Just one more of many reasons why he is super famous and I just talk about fishing on a website!! ;D

Don't worry about posting helpful links. I've only asked everyone to not post one particular company's links. Anything helpful (that isn't pure product puffery) is appreciated. Even when it makes me jealous that I don't have the content on here.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: Dan on May 02, 2012, 05:52:07 PM
I have eliminated completely the rusty hook problem that I use to have. I have one deep plano that will hold prescription pill bottles standing up. On each top I use a black permanent marker to label the size hook, jig, etc. I keep a silica packet in each prescription container. When I'm out fishing and open that box none of the hooks inside can get wet.
I also can and do take out the hook container that I'm using most and keep it in my pocket, so it saves me time getting a new one out if I need to.
If it's raining I can protect the top of the prescription bottle better from the rain and get a hook without exposing any other hook. It works perfectly, and I honestly have not had a rusty hook since I have started doing this. I also can keep a much better inventory of hooks and jigs this way. What can I say, you ought to try it.

What about those tricky child-proof lids?!? Have you ever accidentally taken a jighead instead of one of your pills??

Just kidding. Mostly. Sounds like another good idea for some people.

Dan

It's not a hook and look system. You'd better look then get your hook type of thing, and it's not just for some people. It really does the job for everyone who uses it. Most pharmacies will give you pill bottles and if you ask them your pharmacist may save those silica packets for you. I got this idea from someone on this site who also sent me a big back of silica packets. Can't remember who it was. I'm pretty sure it's one of the East Siders.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

I remember the conversation. I think it was one of Bay City / Saginaw area members? It will come to me eventually.

Dan

I looked back in my emails and found that it was Scott Somerfield. I remember Tawas area was where he was at so your Saginaw Bay connection would be right on.

Lightningboy

Forgive me for a little rant, but Falcon selling the rights to the FTO series really annoys me.

I understand that it was a business move by both companies, but it still sucks that my size stuff has become obsolete because of the move.  Plano bought the rights to the design, and changed the box size to match their standard. 

They cut some little corners too.  The original speed bags came with a luggage type window that you could load with a label to help identify what's in a bag.  The new Plano version is the same size, but no label window.

If anyone has any original Falcon FTO stuff they don't want, I'm always interested.

BTW- My Falcon stuff is 7-10 years old.  The bags look great, hardly any wear.  I've only had one box develop a snapped hinge.  Wish all my stuff worked that dependably... :'(