Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 07:34:02 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Stocking up and planing for a new tackle shop on Lake St. Clair

Started by raisinrat, January 24, 2012, 10:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

So you have the baits down pat, but you need the fish catchers. Make sure you have a top 10 or top 20 "fish catcher" board for each species. Every store carries these lures,, but to get the regular tournament guys to stop in, you need something that keeps em coming in to check on the latest "thing".  Not just bass, but musky, pike, walleye boards with the baits that can be loaded and more important- unloaded n purchased.

Ohhh and have a section just for the shore fisherman with their own top 20. Thatll be your biggest seller believe it or not.

All the best and good luck brother ....... And you can thank ol mojo later.

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Mojo on March 13, 2012, 10:18:33 PM
So you have the baits down pat, but you need the fish catchers. Make sure you have a top 20 "fish catcher" board for each species. Every store carries these lures,, but to get the regular tournament guys to stop in, you need something that keeps em coming in to check on the latest "thing". 

Ohhh and have a section just for the shore fisherman with their own top 20. Thatll be your biggest seller believe it or not.

All the best and good luck brother .......

Great advice Mojo  !!!!

raisinrat

So to update you guys, we have started to get a lot of your guys tackle in stock. We have Poor Boys coming very soon I worked with Kim over there to pick some of the best selling colors they have to start with and we will grow that as we get request for certain colors. We should be getting in a few more crankbaits here really along with  a few more spinnerbaits, like more Red Dirt Spinner Baits to name just one.

The one bait I can't way to fish though we got in today and have already started to sell a bunch and I had to already order more of them is Joe Balog's Goby Replica.

I posted a quick blog on his bait for those that haven't heard or seen this bait the link is below.

It has been great to meet the few of you guys that have already stopped by and checked us out. Many of the companies we are working with are super excited to be working with and having their full support behind us. With out their help and your guys support this store would not be possible. So keep the feed back coming.We are doing our best to get what you guys want in the store and meet your needs when your in the area.

The Goby has Landed!-Joe Balog’s Goby Replica

Justin Clark

raisinrat

I thought I would show some sweet cranks from a local company.They are based right here on Lake St. Clair. These baits are high quality right up there with the big boys.

The Company is Jack-It Products.Click on the Pictures to see all the colors available.

These Frogs match up great to the Spro frogs in quality and looks.

Justin Clark

djkimmel

I see you got your Michigan fishing license machine in too. Good for you.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

raisinrat

Quote from: djkimmel on May 09, 2012, 02:54:24 PM

Yup it was a battle but we got it finally. ;D
Justin Clark

bigjc

One more bait suggestion.  I believe that an up and coming lure here is going to be the Big Hammer swimbait.  It is a bass-killing mama-jama!
http://www.swimbait.com/home.htm

Good luck!

Skulley

Quote from: raisinrat on May 09, 2012, 03:08:44 PM
Quote from: djkimmel on May 09, 2012, 02:54:24 PM

Yup it was a battle but we got it finally. ;D

Everything is a battle with this state.  They need revenue badly but then when there are opportunities, they scrutinize every thing.  It gets old quickly.  They want to tell you what is good for you and your children.  Well I got news for them...........I know what is good for me and my children.  The reality is they really don't care.  I am tired of all the bureaucratic balderdash........................ :o

BD                          ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

raisinrat

We have gotten some more tackle in for you guys. We just got X-zone swimbaits and dropshot baits in yesterday.

We also have a bunch of Poor Boys in the shop Erie Darter and the Goby.

We have a few other brands of hand pours in also.

We should have Kustom Kicker Jigs in soon as well.
Justin Clark

djkimmel

Those Erie Darters are something else! Are you going to be carrying the KustomKicker goby tube jig heads?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

raisinrat

Quote from: djkimmel on May 31, 2012, 01:53:29 PM
Those Erie Darters are something else! Are you going to be carrying the KustomKicker goby tube jig heads?

I order a bunch of stuff from him I can't remember off the top of my head right now.
Justin Clark

raisinrat

Well I finally got a chance to come on here and post up. We have War Eagle Spinner Baits and Kustom Kicker Jigs in stock. I am working on getting the war eagle up on the website. I was able to put the Kustom Kicker up this morning.
Justin Clark

djkimmel

I really like War Eagle spinnerbaits! Been my favorite brand for a quite a few years. I hope to try some KustomKicker Jigs this year. They've got some really good looking stuff. I like the goby tubehead look. I was using my own football heads for a while but they can be hard to get in the tube straight. Looks like the Kustom Kicker jig will work a lot easier and hook better!

Are you going to stock those too?

TCook

We stopped by in early may in need of some tube heads and selection was very weak. Located in the tube chucking capital of the world I suggest you start carrying Bite me tube jigs including the big dudes and all sizes with rattles.
FISH HARD!!!

Mojo

Quote from: TCook on June 24, 2012, 06:53:40 PM
We stopped by in early may in need of some tube heads and selection was very weak. Located in the tube chucking capital of the world I suggest you start carrying Bite me tube jigs including the big dudes and all sizes with rattles.

He's kinda right on that ..... If you cannot get Wayne's tube I suggest you contact Kenny from KD in Waterford or Terry from Lunch money lures. They can get you the best tubes for LSC.

Lastly. the Kustom Kicker jigs, are simply the highest quality stuff out there. The bristles stay inplace, hooks razor sharp and color / head selection is right for LSC. Make sure you get their spinnerbaits though. ..... the copper hand tied USA made product is better that a BPS or any other for the price. The yellow / white 1/2 oz with a chrome large willow and a brass smaller willow got slaughtered on Anchor bay and metro wreck area last weeekend ......
Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

troossien1

Love the r.c stx jerk baits from lucky strike out on that body of water. As well as a company with quality spinnerbaits
Kistler rods

raisinrat

Quote from: TCook on June 24, 2012, 06:53:40 PM

Since your last visit our tube selection as increased, we are even expecting some tube jigs in 3/4oz and even 1 oz in the store this week.We have been working with a local jig maker. We have jigs in stock right now up to 5/8 oz in 90 degree, 60 degree, and even a goby slider head.

We are listening to what you guys have to say and what you would like to see in our store. We are here for you guys. We work closely with our suppliers locally, regionally and nationally to try to get you guys everything you need and at a fair price. Stay tuned has we have added new product every week, its not always bass tackle we add but we are building a really nice portfolio of products for you guys.
Justin Clark

raisinrat

Quote from: djkimmel on May 31, 2012, 01:53:29 PM

We are now going to be stocking the 25 pack bags of our top 5 best selling colors so far this year. Also for any of you guys that are coming to fish the BFL or BASS north, if you are in need of anything from poor boys let me know. I have been doing custom orders for guys all this week.
Justin Clark

raisinrat

I am posting this pic up so you guys can see what colors we have stock on the war eagles, we are carrying 1/2oz and 3/4oz.

Justin Clark

raisinrat

Today has been X-mas in July,

we just got a large load of tube jigs in. In it was also plenty of 3/4oz and even 1oz tube jigs they have a 60 degree eye. We also got in our culling system and balance beams. We also just put up 4 new colors of X-Zone slammers. We should have some new Poor Boy's in along with the 25 packs tomorrow.

We got a few other things in the works also right now so stay tuned. ;D
Justin Clark