Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 02:51:55 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Stocking up and planing for a new tackle shop on Lake St. Clair

Started by raisinrat, January 24, 2012, 10:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firefighter Jeff

robeng53

to add or second the motion:  Brians Gobies, Extreme, Nemesis, NetBait, Mangler, basic tubes, senkos, Northland products?, Zoom Baits.  Keeping it local (Michigan made) and USA would be great.  Thanks for asking.  Keep pricing reasonable and to make yourself a good margin.  Best of Luck and will definitely stop by the brick store and peruse the website.

raisinrat

How about spinner baits guys would you be ok with a good selection of brands like Strike King and Booyeah. I have been looking at some of the smaller makers and not finding the margins we need.

Also give me some feed back on crankbaits.

Lipless
Shallow divers
Deep
Stickbaits
Suspending

Right now I have a line of cranks and Frogs from Jack-It Products. I have thrown a few of his and he is based here in Michigan and they have all ran true and his frog looks just like the Spro frogs.
Justin Clark

grneyemonstr

1morecast

Jeri Toner
Director Sales & Marketing

Fishing Complete, Inc.
Home of the O-Wacky Tool
Case Plastics
Lunch Money Tubes
Zipper Worm Company

Wavespin Reels Fishing Staff

raisinrat

Justin Clark

1morecast

Jeri Toner
Director Sales & Marketing

Fishing Complete, Inc.
Home of the O-Wacky Tool
Case Plastics
Lunch Money Tubes
Zipper Worm Company

Wavespin Reels Fishing Staff

raisinrat

Justin Clark

raisinrat

Looking for thoughts on Crankbaits guys .

Right now we are looking at Strike King,X-CALIBUR, Spro, Lucky Craft, Rapala and some loca guys.

Would like to hear your guys thoughts on these lines and any others you might have in mind.
Justin Clark

t-bone

The Jack-it cranks are local and looked really nice at the Novi show. Cheetam's custom crankbaits are awesome!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

Waterfoul

Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: raisinrat on January 30, 2012, 08:25:02 AM
Looking for thoughts on Crankbaits guys .

Right now we are looking at Strike King,X-CALIBUR, Spro, Lucky Craft, Rapala and some loca guys.

Would like to hear your guys thoughts on these lines and any others you might have in mind.

Sent you a PM........
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

LGMOUTH

C-Flash for sure. Made in Fremont Indiana.

Also PoorBoys baits, definitely the darter.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

customfishn

Waterfoul

Quote from: LGMOUTH on January 31, 2012, 03:26:30 PM
C-Flash for sure. Made in Fremont Indiana.

Also PoorBoys baits, definitely the darter.

Nope.  Not worth having in the boat, especially that silly darter.   ::)

;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

LGMOUTH

Quote from: customfishn on January 31, 2012, 06:45:48 PM
Darters and C-flash crankbaits don't work

I actually like to hear that. Just helps me out more. ;)
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

LennyB

What brand of rods are you carrying. I recently picked up a Dodyns Savvy and found it to a great rod. They may be worth checking out since locals like Scott Dobson and Gerry Gostenik are using them. Gerry does well over 200 guide trips a year on St. Clair and exposes a lot of different people to the product and Dobson has been ruling on the LSC tournament scene for the last few seasons. I don't think any other local retailers are selling them either.

fiker

"The Jack-it cranks are local and looked really nice at the Novi show. Cheetam's custom crank baits are awesome!"

Ditto on both counts. 

The Jack it lures are:  "Japanese technology at half the price". 
At least that's what the guy told me when I bought 2 and won 3 in the raffle.  Have yet to try them in water, but they come with VMC hooks and the paint and finish look really great.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

raisinrat

Quote from: MBFT on February 03, 2012, 01:38:06 PM
What brand of rods are you carrying. I recently picked up a Dodyns Savvy and found it to a great rod. They may be worth checking out since locals like Scott Dobson and Gerry Gostenik are using them. Gerry does well over 200 guide trips a year on St. Clair and exposes a lot of different people to the product and Dobson has been ruling on the LSC tournament scene for the last few seasons. I don't think any other local retailers are selling them either.

As of right now we are able to special order any St. Croix rod for you guys. If there is any other rod brand your looking for just shot me a message and I can see what I can do. We are setup with some very good companies and are able to special order many other brands of rods. Same goes for reels if your looking for something let me know and I can see what I can do for you.

I am checking into ordering some Abu reels for a guy on Monday.
Justin Clark

raisinrat

We will be stocking site sponsor Garneau baits in our store and on our website.We are hoping to have these in stock soon. Along with many other soft plastics brands. The openwater products are going to be coming in pretty steadily for the few weeks
Justin Clark