Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:59:49 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Don't miss 2012 opener of Zona's Awesome Fishing Show! BIG Michigan Smallies!

Started by djkimmel, December 29, 2011, 05:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

You won't want to miss the 2012 season opener of Zona's Awesome Fishing Show this Friday at 9pm (and 11am if you can pull that off) on the Outdoor Channel!! BIG Michigan smallmouth bass and lots of them! This might be the most fun fishing show EVER on TV! I know it will be the coolest sight-fishing show you have ever seen! Zona and Byron Velvick stroke some toad smallies and get some amazing underwater video that will help everyone become a better sight-fishing angler!!

If you don't agree, let me know after you watch it! Here's a short teaser:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=10150489935432210

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Durand Dan

TCook

Can't wait just got the outdoor channel a few weeks ago so now I can actually watch zona. I like how he comments on the NRX 852s, I have 3 now it blows any other spinning rod I ever used away. I like it so much I am selling every other spinning rod I own because they wont get any use.
FISH HARD!!!

djkimmel

I had the time wrong but I was corrected by the Z-Train over on facebook. It also reruns on Saturday and Sunday so there are lots of chances to see the show. I think this will be an awesome season for Zona's Awesome Fishing Show and this first show will really kick things off!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Z is one funny guy! I think the best part of his teaser video should have been how the Flogger sight fishing tool starts out as the cone of shame for Byron Velvick, but ends up being the Ring of Power by the end of the day - (I think Mark Zona refers to it as the orange cone too - I've already got mine from Poor Boy's Baits)! I guaranty Byron has one of these in his boat this year! I can't wait to see what the editors did with so much incredible footage!

bigjc

djkimmel

There will be two Michigan smallmouth shows this season that I'm aware of. This one will be awesome for sure.

The next one... the fishing that day was just short of paradise from what I've been told so I'm glad I'm not the editor for either of these shows trying to condense so much great footage into 20 some minutes! From watching on Facebook, the Z-Train really got into the big 'uns for the 2012 season!

bigmojet

Sweet. I don't have a dvr so I end up watching Friday, Saturday and Sunday because they are so entertaining.

Hook n Look is smallmouth bobber fishing in New Hampshire at  11:30 pm.

dartag

Big day for us TV fishermen.  Zona, Scott Martin Challange, Pro Journal, Bass Pros   My DVR is looking good for the weekend.  Won't get off the couch all weekend.

djkimmel

bigjc

I missed it, so I will have to watch it in the morning, and strike king journal were fishin reds.  At least bassmaster is a good one.

djkimmel

That was a really, really great show!! I loved the underwater video of the big bedding smallmouth bass behavior, and how they couldn't feel the bites all the time and the camera guy getting attacked!! Going to be hard to top that show! Great job Z!!

Durand Dan

Quote from: djkimmel on December 31, 2011, 06:05:54 PM
That was a really, really great show!! I loved the underwater video of the big bedding smallmouth bass behavior, and how they couldn't feel the bites all the time and the camera guy getting attacked!! Going to be hard to top that show! Great job Z!!
I have to agree!. This was the best show Zona has put together. I was concerned that his last season would lead to the show not being renewed due to the fact all the presentations were the typical Bubba goes fishin. GREAT JOB!!

djkimmel

I think this season could be amazing from what I've seen and heard! He wasn't in any risk of not being renewed. If you just follow him around a little you'll see he is only getting more popular. This season shouldn't hurt that at all! I don't expect any Z-Train wrecks this year either but you just never know...

djkimmel

What is really cool about this is that Michigan is slowly, steadily becoming the center of the bass fishing universe! Now I know, many of you will think that is crazy but we already have the number one bass angler in the world born, raised and living here! A growing number of rising bass pros.

Louie Stout lives in Michigan along with many other well known outdoor writers. Top TV show hosts live here - Zona and Stricker - have two of the best outdoor shows now! NBAA is one of the largest circuits and growing! A number of growing tackle companies. Tons of TV shows are being shot here now from all over and not just bass! I see and hear about crews out and around Lake St. Clair alone all the time.

I think we'll start getting more national tournament attention each year now with some really good moves being made by a number of key persons. And we have tons of really, really, really good bass fishing! If we get a little more active in combating overzealous aquatic plant control, that can be expanded.

It's just sneaking up on people... which is probably a better way for it to happen up here.

Mike S.

The new show was awesome. I have to say, Zona has my favorite fishing show, hands down. I liked "The World's Greatest Fishing Show". But, the new one just blows it away.

Wasn't that awesome when that smallie attacked the camera man?  Good stuff.

Waterfoul

Quote from: djkimmel on December 31, 2011, 08:54:38 PM
What is really cool about this is that Michigan is slowly, steadily becoming the center of the bass fishing universe! Now I know, many of you will think that is crazy but we already have the number one bass angler in the world born, raised and living here! A growing number of rising bass pros.

Louie Stout lives in Michigan along with many other well known outdoor writers. Top TV show hosts live here - Zona and Stricker - have two of the best outdoor shows now! NBAA is one of the largest circuits and growing! A number of growing tackle companies. Tons of TV shows are being shot here now from all over and not just bass! I see and hear about crews out and around Lake St. Clair alone all the time.

I think we'll start getting more national tournament attention each year now with some really good moves being made by a number of key persons. And we have tons of really, really, really good bass fishing! If we get a little more active in combating overzealous aquatic plant control, that can be expanded.

It's just sneaking up on people... which is probably a better way for it to happen up here.

If so, why is that we can't seem to score a BASS open here in Michigan?  I'd like to fish one but just can't afford the travel expenses to go out of state to do it.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

dartag

you mean this BASS open

Northern

Date Tournament Fishery Location Host
6/14/2012-6/16/2012 Northern Open #1 James River Richmond, Va. Richmond Metropolitan Convention & Visitors Bureau
7/19/2012-7/21/2012 Northern Open #2 Detroit River Detroit, Mich. Detroit Sports
8/16/2012-8/18/2012 Northern Open #3 Cayuga Lake Seneca Falls, N.Y Seneca County Chamber of Commerce

Waterfoul

Well I stand corrected.  Didn't know they were on the River again this year.  Sure would like to see them fish somewhere else though... up north perhaps?  Lake Michign shore line lake maybe? 

Second question... why can't the Elite series fish up this way?  And I don't mean the river.  I mean IN MICHIGAN.  The Burt/Mullet chain or Grand Traverse Bay would be fun to go and watch/ride along as a marshall.  If fishing is so good up here in Michigan I guess the big tournament leagues would rather fish the same old lakes down south all season long.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

They fish were they get the support the expect. I know Macomb County is now figuring that out. I've definitely seen positive change within the MDNR about attracting more anglers and recognizing that tournaments draw a lot of anglers to the sport of fishing, and to our waters. Change is slow and tough up here, but I'm seeing it. I expect we have a shot at our first Elite Series event in 2012 with the mystery lake. I have no inside information, but the odds are decent.

A big challenge is winter. When they want to have a lot of tournaments, the weather is too cold here, but both circuits are having more summer and fall events. Eventually, I think we may be able to have tournaments of some kind in the spring in Michigan too. It will just take some work and some business / local government support to change that. I think it is inevitable, but like I said, change is hard for some people up here.