Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 03:48:51 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

TBF of Michigan November 6, 2011 meeting notes

Started by djkimmel, November 06, 2011, 11:25:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

These are my unofficial personal meeting notes from today's November 6 TBF of Michigan meeting attended by representatives from 8 different clubs.

State Championship - Adult - reported by Jack Cahn
The 2012 TBF of Michigan adult state championship will be Sunday, July 15 on Lake St. Clair out of Harley Ensign ramp. All waters open. More details to come. The state team from this event will fish the September 2013 TBF northern divisional championship somewhere in Ohio (not Sandusky Bay).

The 2011 state team that qualified this past summer will fish next September somewhere in Wisconsin. In case you're interested, the 2013 state championship state team will fish their 2014 northern divisional on Lake St. Clair.

Jr State Championship - by Brian Belevender
The 2012 TBF of Michigan Jr state championship will be Saturday, June 9 on Pontiac Lake. Entry fee remains $20 per TBF Jr member 11 - 18 years old.
*We will need 35 boater volunteers
*We will need product donations for about 60 kids and boater volunteer prizes maybe
*We will need food donations - several hundred kids, family and volunteers

Membership
2011 membership reported by member committee chair Dennis Beltz:
20 clubs (adult and youth)
157 adult members
56 youth members

2012 membership as of 11/6/2011:
13 adults, 10 youth - please get your club dues in ASAP! Every year, when clubs do not get their members in before 12/31/2011, TBF Inc loses over $18 per late member in kickbacks from FLW Outdoors. 5,000 late members means over $90,000 in funding we throw away.

Volunteers
Besides boater volunteers for the 2012 Jr state championship, TBF of Michigan will need helpers at the:
* January Ultimate Fishing Show - Detroit booth and March Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids booth;
* possible Bass Pro Shops gift wrapping tba;
* Ultimate Fishing Show - Detroit Reel Kids 2011 state championship;
* Reel Kids events during the Bass Pro Shops 2012 spring classic the last weekend of February, and 1st two weekends in March.

Board Elections
3 regular open spots and 1 open spot due to Jeff Cox moving up to TBF northern regional director were filled. Jack Cahn and Dave Reault were re-elected. Mark Modrak was nominated and elected for the 3rd regular spot. Mike Smith was nominated for the open spot and elected by the members present per bylaws.
Officer Elections
Dave Reault - President
Mark Modrak - Vice President
Matt Belletini - Treasurer
Mike Smith - Secretary (way to step up Mikesmiph!!)

New Website
TBF of Michigan will roll out a new, updated website over the next few weeks maintained by AnglerHosting.com.

Other plans were discussed but will be finalized and decided by the new board at a later board meeting.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skip Johnson

Mark117,  Dan clearley posted all the new board members and who holds each position and everything is all set, please keep me out of it, thank you.

Thank you Dan for posting the info so we all know what's happening. 

Go Big or Go Home!

Mark117

Sorry Skip. Thanks for all your help! See you on the water. :)

mikesmiph

I was personally very disappointed with the turnout at the meeting. When I first started going to TBF meeting we would just about fill the room. Yes, there were board members missing, I don't know their reasons. What I do know is, if you don't come to the meetings, you have no say in how things are run, or the decisions that are made. Every club has a vote. Every club gets to send a member to the meetings. If you want to change things, or better yet, help out, you need to be at the meetings. TBF is not JUST about the State Championship. Thank you to the members present who voted me onto the board. I will do everything in my power to be at every meeting I am asked to be at. I will work hard for the organization and try to make it into something that my grandkids will want to join.

djkimmel

I'm not speaking for anyone but myself. I even noted the above are my personal notes from the meeting. I try to report on all kinds of things through this website to keep members and visitors in the know.

If you read the notes, you will see that TBF of Michigan is moving on the website - a new update-able one. Volunteer organizations can only do with what they have available.

I can only do so much too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

FOB

Mike,

Thanks for stepping up.  And to all the new and existing board members.  I know you will all do your best.
As for the lack of clubs, I will let you know there has been and apparently still is a problem in getting the information out.  I have reviewed both of my email accounts the board has, and I never received an email about the meeting.  The last blast email received was 9/23 about membership.  So if the board could please look at this, it would be appreciated, as I never missed a meeting ( until now ).

Thanks in advance,
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

mikesmiph

I agree Ralph, and thank you. It will be looked at, I promise. The only notice I got was on this site. I don't quite know what my duties will be yet, but maybe that will be one of them. TBF of Michigan needs much better communication.

djkimmel

A new website that is easily update-able should help with communication. I'm working on it already. It did not occur to me until I was actually at the meeting that though I was told an email blast went out that I had not actually received it because I had been talking to various board members often the past few weeks.

By then, it was obviously too late to say anything. I know attempts were made to send out a blast through the national online system and it appeared the blast had gone out. I'll mention it to Dave and/or Mike will that it didn't work for some reason. Probably just a simple matter of a confirmation after it has been sent. There was discussion at the meeting about email to presidents.