Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 03:09:38 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kim Stricker

Started by TheFishinPollock, October 24, 2011, 12:20:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheFishinPollock

Well. As soon as he  loads up off my lake I finally get to meet a favorite of mine. Hope he dosen't think it's pushy , but  he is on my lake today filming.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Dan

Ask him why they don't make the garlic impregnated soft plastic jerkbait the Strik-Nyne Shiner any more. I loved that bait and would like to be able to find some.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Team houston

Because he is sponsered by Strike King, Direct competition with the caffiene shad.

Dan

I'd buy up any old stock he had. I wonder if he's got a few boxes somewhere? I'd sure like to have some.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

TheFishinPollock

Ok I didn't ask him about lures . Just for a picture to go on my " wall of Pros" .   Although he did ask me about fishing a area  up here he wanted to film ,but has yet to fish.  Kinda cool  to me.  Should have told him I would go with him and " show " him how to fish that area. <snap> Missed my chance to be a big TV star!  :D  Found out this is not the only time he has been on my lake and filmed. Gonna have to buy the season 3 DVD to see that film!

1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

blakstr1

Elk or Birch or other lake?
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

TheFishinPollock

I can't say what lakes he was on. I have been sworn to secrecy for the integrity of the TV show lol
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

I'm impressed he could get his boat off the trailer. I took one look and drove away. Thought I'd get stuck for sure! There was that, and the giant thunderheads coming towards me right at that moment that didn't look too hot. That would be cool - stuck, and getting soaked and electrocuted!

You should have volunteered to guide him. When Kim is in his funnier mood, anything is possible.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Those TV show guys can be a sneaky bunch, that's for sure!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Lip_Ripper

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on October 24, 2011, 07:36:57 PM
I can't say what lakes he was on. I have been sworn to secrecy for the integrity of the TV show lol
Looks Like Long Lake in Hillman to me!!!!!! ;D

rangerfan

Wonder what happened to the chevy wrap.........

t-bone

He needs to wrap those mint green fenders!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

djkimmel

Quote from: rangerfan on October 25, 2011, 09:22:22 AM
Wonder what happened to the chevy wrap.........

Kim is no longer with Chevy.

djkimmel

I don't know what lake it is. Just thought it looked familiar. Just glad we have so many great lakes that we can't all recognize all of them right away!!

TheFishinPollock

Im shocked he got the boat off too. As of late, someone opened up the runn off channel to  the bay and dropped the lake level at least 2 foot.  I'm sure he wouldn't be impressed with the "guide" service   bsed on that  outing I had against you guys LOL.

It wasn't hillman I can tell ya that.

Actaully he was in a good mood concidering he only boated a single Dink outa the lake.

I woulda offered to show him  how to fish the other area he wanted but figgured that would just be too pushy. I'm the quiet type ya know . 

If ya pick frenchfry's brain ya might  find out what lake he was on LOL
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

djkimmel

Yeah. That's okay. I now know I had it right. Just don't trust my memory anymore. Doesn't do me any good. I can't launch my boat on that lake. Maybe if I buy a kayak!?!

Kim's usually in a good mood. I understand the shyness being a shy redhead but once in a while, just let 'er rip! Who knows? Sometimes the results are pleasantly surprising. He'll at least take free advice and consider it. Not all bass anglers only tell big stories ;D

I am impressed he got the boat on and off. Surprised he only got one dink from what I've heard about your lake. Finding out the lake level is artificially down makes sense now because I had talked to persons before who said I should be able to launch but it took me only 1 quick look from a distance to know I wasn't even going to try.

And I have tried many dumber things in the past! I can't tell you how many times, while waiting for a tow or help to arrive, I've contemplated over the years how I get myself into some of these predicaments! I think I'm finally getting smarter. Finally. Maybe...

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: TheFishinPollock on October 26, 2011, 12:09:39 AM
Im shocked he got the boat off too. As of late, someone opened up the runn off channel to  the bay and dropped the lake level at least 2 foot.  I'm sure he wouldn't be impressed with the "guide" service   bsed on that  outing I had against you guys LOL.

It wasn't hillman I can tell ya that.

Actaully he was in a good mood concidering he only boated a single Dink outa the lake.

I woulda offered to show him  how to fish the other area he wanted but figgured that would just be too pushy. I'm the quiet type ya know . 

If ya pick frenchfry's brain ya might  find out what lake he was on LOL

Heck no, i've been sworn to secrecy.  I think.  lol     I will say I had to get my feet wet when I used the launch.  And it wasn't warm out !!!!!

djkimmel

You must have a lighter boat or a stronger back or both! ;D

I don't like wading to launch my boat in October either. Maybe late May or June. Maybe. But with my boat and truck, I would just be stuck. Luckily, there's 10,999 other lakes in Michigan to fish... plus rivers... plus those things call the Great Lakes!!! ;D

TheFishinPollock

All ya had to do Dan was  come get me . I woulda put your boat in and took it out for ya . My chevy comes in and outa there just fine. Theres a hole about a rig's length right off the shoreline so the truck tires stay pretty dry.     Plus if ya got stuck I happen to know a guy that will pull ya out for 20 bucks vs the 50 from the tow truck  ;D

The fishing will be perfect this week if we can get a light wind and less rain day . Water finally cooled back off.
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Firefighter Jeff

Any idea what the temps are running on some of the bigger waters up there???  Elk etc