Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 08:36:16 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The Alabama Rig???

Started by dartag, October 22, 2011, 06:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

searched on umbrella rigs and found out you can buy blank rigs for about 5-6.00 each     even BPS sells them.   Guess they are popular with striper fishermen.   they are comparing it to the Chatterbait craze of a couple years ago.     

TCook

FISH HARD!!!

dartag

Quote from: TCook on October 26, 2011, 02:00:12 PM
Quote from: thedude on October 26, 2011, 01:07:09 PM
theres dudes on BBC trying to get 100$-200$ a pop for one of them. lol

Holy Cannoli!  :o

http://www.bbcboards.net/zerothread?id=737574

gee wonder why he didn't ask 1000.00 each.  Reminds me of the Cabbage Patch Kids at x-mas a few years ago.  As PT said.

"There's a sucker born every minute."
― P.T. Barnum

Manxfishing

Wowzer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And to think there's a PM sent at that price

djkimmel

Maybe the PM was: 'DUDE are you crazy?!?'

But probably not. Us bass anglers have a disease ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on October 26, 2011, 01:19:41 PM
searched on umbrella rigs and found out you can buy blank rigs for about 5-6.00 each     even BPS sells them.   Guess they are popular with striper fishermen.   they are comparing it to the Chatterbait craze of a couple years ago.     

Umbrella rigs are much heavier and a lot longer in general. Someone could cast the smaller ones all day at 2 ounces but I think you'd want to shorten the wire arms. Might be worth a try.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

So who's going to be the first GLBass member to own and throw an Alabama Rig?

Manxfishing

Well,

I ordered one last week
And then it was a 2 week back order

I have the swim baits and jigs
But I don't see when I'll be able to get out and try it this year
So i'm out till next year

Need to spool ip a reel in 65# braid as well
I'm thinking the 7'-6" frog rod is going to work perfect

Better then who's the first to throw the rig
Who's going to be the first to catch a fish on it?

djkimmel

Well, it would seem like you just throw it out and you'll catch tons of big bass on it right away!! ;D

bigjc

Quote from: djkimmel on October 27, 2011, 06:40:10 PM
Well, it would seem like you just throw it out and you'll catch tons of big bass on it right away!! ;D

Are you willing to guarantee that?  Cause I have yet to catch a big bass on a swim bait.

djkimmel

No guarantees offered... though there are a few sneaky members catching some big bass on swim baits lurking around.

Frank

these are not new.  they have been around for years for salt water fishing.  often the only bait with a hook is the one in the back, the front ones are teasers.  look them up on ebay.  they are as cheap as $7.  there are a lot of different options out there.

Frank

YpsiBass

Looks like [REMOVED - see No Links Policy List] is selling something similar now.

Cheetam

Has any one confirmed with the MI DNR if these are even legal to use in Michigan?
Jeff

Waterfoul

Quote from: Cheetam on November 04, 2011, 06:42:44 PM
Has any one confirmed with the MI DNR if these are even legal to use in Michigan?

That sounds like a question for our resident "knows the rules guy.  Mr. Kimmel... a ruling please???
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

I've heard rumors of other people calling but I figured I'll have to contact the Lansing spokesperson and ask. Might not be a quick process because their are a number of positions 'acting as' right now in the MDNR. Lots of personnel loss lately unfortunately.

dartag

Hey Cheetam get working on them custom painted rigs.  I can already see one rigged with   1/2 senkos.   

Waterfoul

So Dan... are you saying there will be some personel changes that might result in some rules changes?  How about we work on making drop shotting LEGAL on the lakeshore lakes of Lake Michigan between the opening of bass season and Sept. 1st???  Or just make it legal all the time but with a max of 1 hook point (no trebbles) no bigger than size 2/0?   Or something like that.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

djkimmel

I think there are possibilities there. It just needs someone who can take the time to make some phone calls and write some letters. Maybe attend a meeting or two. It might take a little longer right now because of some of the changes and cuts going through the MDNR lately.

It is on my to do list but right now I'm having to concentrate on getting more web work. I do believe it is doable. I just don't have the time to dedicate to it right now. I think it will be less work too after some of the 'acting' positions are filled by permanent person within the MDNR too. Probably be another year unless someone else can step up and take it on? It need to be started about 6 - 9 months minimum before the next fishing season starts (April 1).

Waterfoul