Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 01:26:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Lake Erie issue goes main stream

Started by Mojo, October 16, 2011, 08:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mojo

Thanks Dan for bringing year round Catch and Release to Michigan

bigjc

djkimmel

Especially considering recent acts and attempts in Congress to weaken the EPA, the Clean Water Act and the Clean Air Act. We don't need those weakened. I hope they come to their senses.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Michigan Outdoor News has an article by Mike Schoonveld on this very subject in the December 9 edition.  Gives you some pretty good insight about what is happening out there.  The environment is changing..............again and it's not entirely the fault of exotic species.  Apparently the lake is reverting back to its condition of the 1960's when it was considered "dead".  The article has not been posted to the Michigan Outdoor News website as of yet but I am sure it will show up eventually.

BD                         ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

It's pretty sad to think we can go downhill that far in this day and age, risking ruining one of the best fisheries on the planet!

This is an example of why I push on these issues. If we all just sit back and let it happen, it can happen. There are people out there with different priorities and we have to balance them out.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

motocross269

In todays political environment if you even give a hint of being a conservationist you are immediately labled a Liberal, anti-capitalist.......The center ground seems to be fading, much to the pleasure of the guys profiting from exploiting and damaging "OUR" resources...

Skulley

Quote from: motocross269 on December 10, 2011, 12:52:16 PM
In todays political environment if you even give a hint of being a conservationist you are immediately labeled a Liberal, anti-capitalist.......The center ground seems to be fading, much to the pleasure of the guys profiting from exploiting and damaging "OUR" resources...

Exactly right Moto.  I am neither a Liberal or anti-capitalist or anything like that.  I stopped worrying long ago about being labeled.  What I am is an autoworker/fisherman who cares about our future and our children's future whether it be jobs or our environment or anything else that is good for us.  I am not about to let someone else tell me what they think is good for me or you.  That is up to us to let them know what is good for us.  If we don't step up and use our voices, then we are just letting these people have their way.  We need to unite in one voice for our own good and not the politicians own self serving interests.  To me it's put up or shut up.

BD                     ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

KLAKE

In todays political environment if you even give a hint of being a conservationist you are immediately labled a Liberal, anti-capitalist.......The center ground seems to be fading, much to the pleasure of the guys profiting from exploiting and damaging "OUR" resources...

Great Post. THIS is the problem.

djkimmel

Labels are lazy ways to take away people's opinions and voice. They get away with it much too often which is why sometimes the voices that want a clean and productive environment like us, sometimes resort to shouting to be heard, which sometimes just compounds the problems in getting anything looked at intelligently, and possibly fixed.

Skulley

Quote from: KLAKE on December 10, 2011, 07:34:21 PM

Great Post. THIS is the problem.

Your right Klake.  This is the problem.  However, it is always easiest to identify the problem.  The hard part coming up with the solution to solve that problem.  That's where DK and I come together at the crossroads with our voices to our legislators as to what WE want.  It's up to us as the constituency to call, email, write to them.  If enough of us put pressure on them, they will give us the results we are asking.  But we have to speak up.

BD                              ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

dartag

Sadly all they care about not is getting elected or re-elected.

BTW  the like at the top does not work.   It says   " Unfortunately, that page could not be found. "

What was the article about 

djkimmel

Some of the newspapers don't keep the original link live for very long or don't have a good archive setup. Real annoying at times. Not sure if that is the case here or not?

With my CRS disease, I can't recall the original article. Maybe one of the 'youngsters' can do that.

There have been increasing calls lately across the board for reform in how our politicians fund their campaigns. That might be a good change for our system. Something seems to be needed. It has gotten way too ugly to accomplish much.