Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 06:40:02 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Kent Lake This Thursday

Started by dartag, July 03, 2006, 07:26:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dartag

how bout this.  West launch when ever you get there..  fish till 8:00 or 9:00.  bring in one fish largemouth and smallmouth.  winner gets braggin rights. keep it simple and fun..  not a tournament since we don't want to mess with a permit. 

fiker

Sounds good, but I'm already going to Clair on Thursday. 
I coulda' done Wednesday though.
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

dartag

Quote from: fiker50 on July 03, 2006, 11:13:20 AM
Sounds good, but I'm already going to Clair on Thursday.?
I coulda' done Wednesday though.

i will be on Cass  ( the inland lake st-clair )  wed night for NBAA. 

McCarter

Im in.  I think Jeff wants to do it as well, are you two partnering up?  Maybe we can get Kdawg out there too.

PB himself :-\'

dartag

Jeff had mentioned going.. i will be there around 4:00. ( got the week off and have not been fishing.,  been entertaining ).    i will only be a cell call away from the launch and can pick him up.  see ya there. 

fishon1219

My plan is to attened. McCarter are you fishing with me???
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

McCarter

Yes sir, shall i bring refreshments? 

I probably wont be down there until 5:00 or 5:30 tho, we are having our inspection on the new house tomorrow.  Im pretty sure i have to be there for that ;)

fishon1219

PB,
I will meet you there, Call me before you hit the ramp and I will pick you up. No refreshments for me. Just a new can of Kodiak.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

Cheetam

I will be there...I'm going to see if I can skate out of work a little early today.  I heard there is construction from somewhere in Novi to Kent Lake Road...Is this true?  If so I may need to take some back roads.  I'll give you a call when I get to the ramp Steve...
Jeff

dartag

sounds good.  me and kev will have the big ones tied to stumps.

Cheetam

So who else will be joining us?  PB, Kev, Steve, Jeff and....?
Jeff

McCarter

Langer

It was good meeting you all last night.  If you guys ever want some company fishing I am pretty much free any night of the week.
-Tight Lines
Wayne County Bass Anglers
-2008 President

Cheetam

Quote from: BigGameHunter on July 07, 2006, 09:00:26 AM
It was good meeting you all last night.? If you guys ever want some company fishing I am pretty much free any night of the week.
-Tight Lines

It was good meeting you too Brian...

And congratulations and bragging rights go out to PB and Fishon1219 with 3 keeper largemouth brought to the dock...the largest being around 4 pounds or so.
Jeff

McCarter

You too Brian.  PM me your phone # and i will give you a call next time im heading out.

bshaner

Those were all taken on KLK's right?

B

Give us the full report!!
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

McCarter

My first fish was a 2.5 lb smallmouth that took a spider grub married to a 1/4 Screwball head and tied direct to 10 lb Seagur.  It came unbuttoned as i leaned down to grab it. 

The next fish was a 15" largie, which also grabbed the spider/screwball combo.  That one made it in the boat.  I had several more good 'pecks' on the spider grub, but they just werent commiting to it.  So i switched up to a 1/4 oz blk/blu finesse jig and caught a good 3.25 lb largemouth.

Kev caught the big one on a tube in a color very similar to KLK, but with a splash of copper.

I wasnt able to get out there til 8:30 pm.  Had i got out there a little earlier, we would have had 20+ lbs.  Just kidding.  But we did get on em good there for about 10 minutes.

dartag

had fun.  first time i really ever fished a crank bait.  kevin was great with teaching me what to do .  i will remember his kind words forever.  "  just throw it out and reel it in. "  and to think i have had them thing for years and never used them.

i started off Strong with a nice keeper ( on a crankbait, who woulda thunk it )   Jeff was getting teased with a Carolina rig but could not hook up.  we cruised around and caught a bunch of little fish.  we went to the Lilly pads to try the new Spro frog Jeff had picked up on the way there.  i had green, and he had a white one.  with no takers,  we figured the Kent Lake bass had not read about Dean Rojas and the fact they were supposed to attack this frog.  we settled on seeing who could catch the smallest bass on a crankbait.  i think Jeff won with a 4 incher.. we took our woopin at the ramp as Kev pulled some nice ones out of the livewell.  hung our heads and went home. 

there was a sign at the ramp that the lake had been Sprayed / spayed with 2 chemicals.  the weeds that were there were just stalks.

cvan

Question:

How busy are the boat launches out at Kent Lake on weeknights?
I've only been a boat owner a few weeks and will probably have a bit of a learning curve until I'm proficient at launching solo.

Chad

dartag

i think there were 5 trailers in the lot when i got there around 4:30.  the ramps are nice and wide.  for trailer backing practice find a big empty parking lot and practice backing in to a parking spot.