Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:40:44 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

KVD of Fishing Reports is the Grandt Rods 2011 Contest Winner

Started by djkimmel, September 20, 2011, 12:50:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

In a KVD-like victory, the winner of the 2011 GreatLakesBass.com fishing report contest is:

Revtro! Congratulations Revtro!

Revtro wins the new Grandt Rods C10 All American graphite casting rod - the best spinnerbait rod I have ever owned! Fitting since Revtro fishes Lake St. Clair so much and this 7 foot rod is built for casting spinnerbaits and similar lures across the flats for big bass!!

Revtro posted 13 detailed fishing reports with a total of 7,340 views!! His reports included specific information, help for other anglers, pictures on several and were entertaining for any angler. If he had posted pictures on each report, the judges felt he would have earned all the prizes!! No one else was even close! It didn't hurt that Revtro posted very heavily under the Lake St. Clair Fishing Reports - a very high and popular traffic area, especially for search engine traffic!

2nd place was much, much harder to determine due to no other member clearly standing out considering no one else posted more than 4 fishing reports in the total of 64 fishing reports written during the contest period of April 30, 2011 through August 31, 2011.

In the end, the judges picked 2nd place due to this members having the 2nd highest number of views including the single post with the highest number of view - 1,237 (St Clair is on FIRE!) with the 2nd highest total views - 1,810 - despite only having two reports! Also, this member wrote interesting posts with LOTS of of great pictures - which works pretty good on this Internet thing!

So with no further delay, 2nd place and a new WaveSpin Reel of his choice, goes to TCook! Congratulations TCook!

One member posted 4 reports, but all short with no pictures (edyer - 1,339 views). Some more detail and a few pictures could have brought a 2nd place. Four members posted 3 fishing reports each:
dartag    1,305
mikeszr800  1,243
bassfan586  1,201
Durand Dan    844

We decided to give dartag 3rd place because he had the 4th highest view count with 3 detailed and entertaining fishing reports that provided a lot of great fishing information - a few pictures could have won 2nd place! A prize pack with be sent out shortly.

Honorable mentions go out to:
*bassfan586 for 3 nice fishing reports including the very first report entered into the contest a little after 4pm the first day of the contest!
*peeters_skeeter for having the 2nd highest number of views overall for a single fishing report with 1,108! Not bad for a rookie. Erie report for 5-8-11 - guess I need to get more of you anglers to post about Lake Erie!! A couple more posts like this could have won 2nd place too!
*cameraguy for the best video fishing report - cameraguys Hardy Dam Pond VIDEO bass fishing report May 22, 2011 (I posted if for him because he did the hard part)!

Special mention to member Colin Linton for posting the most exotic fishing report with - Aussie Report! More of those would be fun!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Thank you very much to all the members who took the time to post a fishing report this season. Your participation and content is a huge help to keeping GreatLakesBass.com going. I will repeat this contest again next year but keep the reports coming!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Colin Linton

Thanks for the special mention  :o

Firstly though Congrats to all the winners! 

And I need to get my butt into gear and post up some more stuff.  Sorry for my absence.

Regards and Thanks
Colin
Don't let your shadow be the only thing you cast today!

djkimmel

Colin Linton

Quote from: djkimmel on September 20, 2011, 02:09:00 AM
I'm blaming it on the time zone craziness!

I'll take that as an excuse  ;D

Well latest report...........donut  :-\'

Regards
Colin
Don't let your shadow be the only thing you cast today!

Skulley

Congratulations to both Revtro & TCook on some very informative fishing reports. You both deserved to win.

BD.                    ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

TCook

Thanks again Dan and the sponsers of GLB, it was kinda surprising that I got second in the reports contest since I have not made many reports this year. I already won a wavespin reel this year and have not even been fishing since I won that reel to try it out so if its not a problem could you give the wavespin reel to Jeff Ragina? He invited me to join him on his annual trip, took the pics, and contributed to the report as well. Thanks
FISH HARD!!!

dartag

i enjoy reading Revs report so glad he won.

Looks like I will have to teach Lola to take pictures.  Since I usually take her along on fun fish trips. 

motocross269

djkimmel

Quote from: TCook on September 20, 2011, 10:05:20 AM
Thanks again Dan and the sponsers of GLB, it was kinda surprising that I got second in the reports contest since I have not made many reports this year. I already won a wavespin reel this year and have not even been fishing since I won that reel to try it out so if its not a problem could you give the wavespin reel to Jeff Ragina? He invited me to join him on his annual trip, took the pics, and contributed to the report as well. Thanks

I can do that. He had a big impact with all those nice pictures. Nice move. Thanks.

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on September 20, 2011, 11:59:02 AM
i enjoy reading Revs report so glad he won.

Looks like I will have to teach Lola to take pictures.  Since I usually take her along on fun fish trips. 

That could work. Maybe. If she shows promise, I may borrow her for the times cameraguy is making my fish look smaller!

bassfan586

Next year..................I blew my engine and havnt fished the rest of the year.  Cool contest Dan.
Got one!

Revtro

Sweeeeeet!  Ok, the funny part is that I didn't even know about the contest till the other day.  LOL  But I can use another rod, so thanks Dan!!!   Life is good.   ;D
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

djkimmel

Quote from: bassfan586 on September 20, 2011, 06:47:48 PM
Next year..................I blew my engine and havnt fished the rest of the year.  Cool contest Dan.

That is not the way things should be. You need some more fishing friends! We'll look forward to a better run next year hopefully!

djkimmel

Quote from: Revtro on September 20, 2011, 07:57:29 PM
Sweeeeeet!  Ok, the funny part is that I didn't even know about the contest till the other day.  LOL  But I can use another rod, so thanks Dan!!!   Life is good.   ;D

And here I thought you were pulling a KVD-like domination performance all this time because of the extra incentive! Congratulations!

Revtro

Ok we need a new contest.  It should be a "Who's got the nicest '03 red BassCat PIII?"  And it should be for a new sidefinder.   :P

Come on, I need a new Sonar!!!   LOL

Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

bassfan586

Got one!

djkimmel

Quote from: Revtro on September 21, 2011, 01:52:01 PM
Ok we need a new contest.  It should be a "Who's got the nicest '03 red BassCat PIII?"  And it should be for a new sidefinder.   :P

Come on, I need a new Sonar!!!   LOL

BUT you didn't know about this contest until recently so... Maybe not. Actually, if you all can help me get about 10,000 more members this winter, we might be able to pull something like that off. Well, with just a little more broad requirements on the qualifications...?

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: djkimmel on September 20, 2011, 03:08:05 PM
Quote from: TCook on September 20, 2011, 10:05:20 AM

I can do that. He had a big impact with all those nice pictures. Nice move. Thanks.

That's awefully nice of you Tim.  I appreciate it very much.  We make a good team.  Catching a bunch of fish, you with the report and me with the camera.  It was the best fishing trip I have ever had.  Glad you were there to share it with me.   
   Thanks again to the sponsors of GLB and these prizes.  I'm really looking forward to trying a Wavespin.   :)

djkimmel

You should be all set! Russ at WaveSpin is a great guy and he is based right here in Michigan