Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 29, 2024, 04:45:28 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Fall fishing in the Traverse area

Started by fishcollector, September 09, 2011, 03:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishcollector

Hey guys, my buddy and I are heading up to some smallmouth fishing in the TC area next weekend wondering if anyone knows what lakes are producing. We are thinking of hitting Skegomog, Elk, and Intermediat lakes. Any suggestions

Thanks,

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

LennyB

Hey Fish Collector, those are all good lakes.

P.S. Hope you guys are not really fish collectors but releasers.

djkimmel

A few fresh fish meals don't hurt. Though I would prefer perch, panfish and walleye. Taste less like fish.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fishcollector

We practice catch & release on bass, just love to tangle with smallies. Looks like the weather will cooperate :D should be a good time just got to find them and figure out what they want to bite on.

Firefighter Jeff

Please post a report.  I'm sure there will be a bunch of members interested in your results.  :)  Including me !!

fishcollector

We will see what happens, I will let you know how we do.

Thanks,

djkimmel

That would be great. Mostly I have just heard the bass are moving up and down a lot this year. Not much more than that.

bigmojet

I have had some recent success on Crystal Lake early in morning on top water (pop r) early mornings. Zip after sun gets high even  though you can see them swimming.

BIGSHOW

Always wanted to try spider lake. Anyone fish there or have any input. thanks..

LennyB

I fished Spider and Arbutus a few years back which were very similar lakes. We caught a lot of fish on both but they were all small largemouth. Seemed to be a high numbers but on the small side, atleast for us that day. If I were in the area I would give it another try. With that many fish swimming around you would think there has to be some big ones.

djkimmel

Sounds like Tomahawk Creek Flooding. I keep thinking there's got to be more big bass in there... At least it is more fun continuing to search on these types of lakes!

LennyB

On Spider and Arbutus, I would watch schools of 20 to 30 fish swimming around in 3 feet of water all of which were about 12 to 14 inchers. A 3" senko on a drop shot was the ticket.

djkimmel

That's a bunch. There's not that many to school like that in Tomahawk but I'm sure there are other lakes up there like that.

fishcollector

Well we made it Elk & Skeg Sat. & Sun. we started out on Skeg and fished the north shoreline in about 10 feet of water the temp is mid 60's and we only found 2 fish around 3 pounds we then moved to the north west shore of Elk and found a few more fish in about 6 feet of water on the dark spots and drops. We marked a few piles of baitfish in the 20' range and tries some drop shots but no takers so we moved to the south end of Elk and found some good size rocks in about 10' of water and picked up another 5 or 6 fish from 3lbs to 5lbs. on Saturday. Sunday morning we went back to the last spot and could not find a fish so we trolled the shore back to the mouth of Skeg and picked up a few fish along the way. We only had 3 hours to fish on Sunday. All in all we did not catch a lot of fish but the ones we did were decent toads. Most of them came on a tube, but also picked them up on a lipless crank. We had a great time anyway its always fun to fish those lakes they are so beautifully probably my favorite in the state.

djkimmel

Sounds like a pretty decent time considering the weather ups and downs especially.