Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 09:49:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

The Mystery Lake

Started by Dan, September 04, 2011, 12:51:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan

What's your guess as to this mystery lake? I looked at what was available in a 300 mile radius and am guessing Minnetonka. The mystery lake will be part of  back to back weekend events, so they can't go too far because those who make the top 10 and fish on Sunday, will have to drive that night to get to the next lake for the practice day that will start that Monday.
I would like to also know how they are going to get Marshals for that event. I'd like to Marshal an event this next season. They are not fishing Alabama which would mean I have to pick a different area. Maybe a winter trip to the Big O could be worked in to a trip south with the wife. I have only seen Okeechobee from the shore.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

Eric

I agree with Bill Simpson and his thoughts of somewhere in Wisconsin.  B.A.S.S had to be at least somewhat influential in the decision to allow culling.  In a "show of appeciation" B.A.S.S. will have 2 tournaments in Wisconsin this year.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

markgoetsch

That's what I'm thinking as well.  I'm going to say the winnebago chain.  They can fish the lake or head up either the fox or wolf rivers to many other lakes.  It would be a fun one to watch.

Dan

How far is the Winnebago chain from LaCrosse?
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

djkimmel

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

markgoetsch

bago is about 2 hours from lacrosse.  It's in oshkosh, wi.  Would have thought maybe Sturgeon Bay but a 4 day tourney on the big water is pretty tough. 

Dan

I agree, I think it's going to be one of the Wisconsin Lakes.

djkimmel

I'm still going with Escanaba, with the easy pick being Minnetonka though I would love to see them surprise us on Lake St. Clair (or Detroit River) and hope it isn't Chicago instead. Weird, no-fishing marinas and areas.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

rangerfan

They had a tournament scheduled for the bay de nocs a few years back......but the economy turned south and they cut escanaba out of the schedule .....think they went
from 12 tournaments to 8.

djkimmel

So... are you voting for Escanaba? I know there was some talk about how far it was and 'remote' but it they are already in Wisconsin... it's not so far anymore? It would be cool to see them on St. Clair too. And closer to my house for pictures and video. Someone will guess the right place. We could have a poll?

blakstr1

I have been thinking Escanaba or Charlevoix, since they will be in Wisconsin and moving there way to New York....and if you all remember Escanaba was planned a few years back for the Elites before it got cancelled.  The town loves fishermen and they want them there.  The whole community will be catering to them if they go.  Been a lot of great experiences up there with the Northern Divisionals the past few years.

I hope its there.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

Dan

I still do not really see how they are going to handle the Marshal registration for this mystery lake. I have been going down to Alabama for the last 3 years to Marshal. I really enjoy it. This year they are not having any Alabama events. That means I either have to look elsewhere or take a year off.  I'm not currently a member of the Michigan Federation. Being a member allows you to sign up in the advanced registration which usually means you get to ride three days instead of 2. Last year there were other options for early registration, but those will be gone for next year. I checked in to joining as an individual, but they don't have a way to do that I was told. They said they could work it out for me to join a team though. I will probably go ahead and join. The new year starts in November. However, whether I decide to Marshal may depend on where the Mystery Lake is. Hope they put some word out soon as to how they will work the Marshals for that event.

Bender

I like the idea that they are doing this. Here is a video of the first Classic where they kept it a secret: http://www.bassmaster.com/video/classic-i . I do not follow professional sports much because I think that they have been corrupted by money. The huge pay has required all events to become giant extravaganzas just to earn more money (not talking about fishing exclusively at all). I went to the Classic this year and enjoyed it, but I didn't see any or do any fishing so it would have been the about same to me without the actual event. I like the idea of this mystery lake in that it is a way to try to find some balance. But then again my goals in fishing aren't the same as a lot of people.

My guess is Kent Lake. 
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

djkimmel