Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

June 15, 2024, 05:45:23 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

DETROIT LIONS

Started by blakstr1, July 27, 2011, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now after 2 games where do you predict the Lions will end up this year?

more than 11 wins
1 (6.3%)
11-5
2 (12.5%)
10-6
6 (37.5%)
9-7
5 (31.3%)
8-8
2 (12.5%)
7-9
0 (0%)
6-10
0 (0%)
less than 6 wins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Skulley

Quote from: t-bone on September 26, 2011, 09:51:37 AM
Really - "they let the Vikes climb back into it?"

The Vikes let the Lions climb back. The Vikings should have been able to shut down the lions in the second half and get any easy win. BD you have a strange perspective on these games ;-)

Quote from: UAWBigDog on September 25, 2011, 06:15:14 PM
Now they are 3 and 0.  They shouldn't be.  Two false start penalties.  Almost got a safety on them.  They let the Vikes climb right back into it.  Lucky they pulled it off.  I always have said from the start of this topic was "When the game is on the line, good teams find a way to win."  The Lions just might be a good team.    :o      :o      :o    Only 13 more games to prove it.

BD                        ;D

Just wanted to see who was paying attention t-bone.  I saw enough in the last two minutes that told me they didn't deserve to win.  Two stupid penalties.  Another play for a loss and almost a safety.  That's pretty sloppy with less than a minute to go and that was after the Vikes tied it at 23.  If you remember, the Vikes kicked that kickoff after the tying FG deep in the end zone for a touchback.  Two quick false starts and it's first and 20.  Two run plays from scrimmage with the first one being a loss of 7 and I believe it was the second one where they almost got burned for a safety.  After all that it was luck.  Winning the toss at the beginning of OT and taking the ball down the field for FG position.  Hanson who has been solid all year puts it through for the win.  Now if this were the playoffs, the Vikes would get possession and they would get their chance to win it with a touchdown.  But the rules don't change until playoff time.  So the Lions get lucky.  Lucky.  Lucky.  Lucky.

BD                                   ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

t-bone

BD - you're killing me  :D
It was one of those games where the lions D wore down the vikings in the first half and took over in the second half but they ran out of steam on the final drive. The Vikings did just the opposite, the pressed in the first half and they ran out of steam. We did learn that a solid runningback like A.P. will give us problems - we can't pass rush with abandon every down.

Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

blakstr1

A little luck never hurt!  But they are a much better team in fact they are a really good team, that is the bottom line.  They are going to make mistakes, the whole league is right now (lock out), they are going to be sloppy from time to time, the whole league is (lock out)  bottom line is the win / loss column and the injury report.  They withstood the Vikings first half surge in Minnesota and won, that win was impressive (even though it shouldnt have been that close)  They do need to get the OL shored up or i fear bad things are on the horizon....  They only need to go 7-6 from here on out to finish with double digit wins, how does this team not win at least 7 more...i dont see it even if their final 8 games of the year are some of the toughest (on paper) in the NFL.  I think they are better than a lot of us want to believe, with the history that surrounds this organization i can see it.  Heck this could all be over quicker than it started (although i think this team is setting itself up to win for a while) so for all of the guarded fans, harboring years of disappointment, its time to let your guard down and enjoy our Lions...the NFL turn over on playoff teams is so great year after year, better take the good teams for all they are worth while you have the chance.

February will be HOT when the HONOLULU BLUE invade Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis for Superbowl XLVI...okay even i admit that is way over optomistic...but c'mon they are my team, they are your team....they are MICHIGAN's team and i for one am proud to call them that!  :o

;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

djkimmel

I think BD has some dust on his TV screen so he's not getting a clear look at the action. That's all ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Dust on the screen or not, the fact is they almost blew it.  My clear look at the action was the last 1:11 in the game when they took two rookie penalties from a veteran and then almost lost on a safety.  The Vikes climbed back in the game and then tied the game at 23.  As I said previously, in the playoffs the Vikes would have been given a chance possess after the Lions took the lead.  They haven't won the Super Bowl yet fellas.  Blakstr, you need to share what you're smoking so I can have the same disillusions of grandeur that you have.  I just don't see it. 

So lets not put the "cart before the horse".  You keep talking like this, you're libel to jinx them.  So far Karma is on their side.  I hope it stays with them, but they are going into Dallas this weekend and no matter how good or how bad Dallas is, the Lions have trouble against them.  I say the Lions get a wake up call and Dallas takes em.  I hope I see more crows with Lions jerseys on................ :P

BD                          ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Blakstr1 is young and full of hope. Maybe he'll rub off on you...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on September 28, 2011, 02:54:39 AM

Yes he is. I am glad he has that much confidence.  Me, I've been around a few years. The Lions let a GM get away from them, that ended up with da Bears and then built a few Super Bowl Champions. Yeah, he wasn't around during the Russ Thomas years. Russ wasn't as bad as Millen, but he was a pretty bad GM. Yeah, blakstr1 wasn't around then. He doesn't know the pain I feel with this. Yeah I'm old.....older than dirt.....dirt ain't got nothing on me.  Yeah it's been painful for quite a few years for me. I went to my first Lions game 45 years ago at Tiger Stadium.  I'll bet he wasn't alive when the Lions played there. I remember when they moved to Pontiac in the dome.  I remember the first game I went to there.  It was cold and rainy and the roof wasn't done yet.  They never made it to the Super Bowl during those years.  I'm afraid I'm going to die before they win one.  Blakstr1, t-bone, how would you like to be carrying that burden around for 40 years.  So please excuse me if I don't jump on the Lions bandwagon with you guys so quickly. 

BD.                              ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

blakstr1

i'm full of something...LOL..   ::)

So please excuse me if I don't jump on the Lions bandwagon with you guys so quickly. 

i can appreciate that BD, but the bandwagon is pretty full right now anyway....but never fear, if (i'll hold back saying "when" becasue of that Karma thing you mentioned) they can go into Big D and beat America's Team (boo-hiss) then we will hook a little caboose on the back of the wagon....i'll reserve a spot for you  ;D

All joking aside, the 1st 3 wins are in the books, dont want to over analyze them now, in my mind this week is their biggest test yet.  They have opened eyes all around the league already but if they can get to 4-0 with 3 of those wins happening on the road....man.....(chills)  8)
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

like the Christmas cartoon 'Twas the Night Before Christmas says:

HOPE is like a dream you make, its a dream when your awake, EVERYONE needs hope because, HOPE believes in THE DETROIT LIONS......or something like that   :D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

blakstr1

Quote from: UAWBigDog on September 28, 2011, 07:41:26 AM
I went to my first Lions game 45 years ago at Tiger Stadium.  I'll bet he wasn't alive when the Lions played there.

Lions played at old Tiger Stadium until 1974.......I was born in 1976  8)

;D
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

detroit1

Yes, they might have been lucky over Minn.  Who isn't lucky once in a while? Well, it used to be the Lions. No luck whatsoever, for about as long as i'm old. The old lions would never have won that game. It's too bad you must wait for 16 games to figure out that they are a good team. But, i appreciate bd's frame of mind, since i've had to deal with that with my buds. But enjoy it man-we've waited sooo long. I like our chances this week in Dallas, their 2 rookie o-lineman has our d-line salivating. GO LIONS!       
WAVE THERAPY

djkimmel

Were you born there?!? ;D

Ever hear that country comedian song about the kid born at the race track where the crowd all cheers when he's born (to race) and he's named after all the famous race car drivers and then Johnson JR!! Kind of funny!

I post this in honor of your hope!

Durand Dan

You know whats weird? All game long I knew they would come back to beat Dallas!!

bigjc

Yeahhhh BABBEEEE.  They are really starting to look like contenders.

dartag

was out fishing on my lake catching lots of fish on spinnerbaits in the wind.  came in at 1/2 time and the wife and her parents were not happy.  told them no problem they would come back and win it.  and they did.   Now the tigers are winning 2-0.     Got to get me a TV on the Ranger. 

t-bone

You know what is really scary about the Lions is that they are winning and still making a lot of mistakes. I'm beginning to think that this is showing how much potential this team really has. Imagine when they put together a complete and mistake free game - holy crap...
10-6 seems like it is actually too low of a goal at this point.

What a great sports weekend - tigers split, lions comeback, MSU beats OSU, Michigan stomps Minnesota... and the Wings open this Friday with the Lions on Monday Night Football!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

blakstr1

Caridac Cats......  I think the sun is actually shining brighter than it ever has this morning...seriously even the few clouds out are in the shape of Lions...well a few look like footballs too and that one looks like a mushroom but oh well. ;D

This team shows a lot of heart, only negative i can come up with right now (put aside any of the mistakes and penalties) is that they have trouble coming out of the gate, why are they getting down so far in the first half?  oh well cant wait to get down to Ford Field for this Monday Night Game, the house will be a rockin'!!

We are actually heading down Sunday and staying until Tuesday, getting the full Detroit experience.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

detroit1

Yeah i fished in the morning, thinking i listen to the first half, and make it home before the second half. Started at 8, no bites until 10:30, then got 3 lm and a pike. Now it's 11:45, the bite is coming around, but i can't stand missing any of the lions, so i went home. Guess i could've stayed, but then i wouldn't enjoy the comeback (or melt-down). GO LIONS!   (where's BD?)   later....
WAVE THERAPY

Skulley

Quote from: detroit1 on October 03, 2011, 06:13:28 PM
Yeah i fished in the morning, thinking i listen to the first half, and make it home before the second half. Started at 8, no bites until 10:30, then got 3 lm and a pike. Now it's 11:45, the bite is coming around, but i can't stand missing any of the lions, so i went home. Guess i could've stayed, but then i wouldn't enjoy the comeback (or melt-down). GO LIONS!   (where's BD?)   later....

Having fresh crow for dinner detroit1.  I do have to say that there are more and more crows showing up in my back yard lately all wearing Lions jerseys.  Remember the seasons not over yet.  Only 12 more games to go.  I will be going to my first game this season on Monday Night against da Bears.  Looking forward to it.  If the Lions lose, you can all say I jinxed them by going to the game.

BD                                       ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

Quote from: blakstr1 on October 03, 2011, 09:59:50 AM
Caridac Cats......  I think the sun is actually shining brighter than it ever has this morning...seriously even the few clouds out are in the shape of Lions...well a few look like footballs too and that one looks like a mushroom but oh well. ;D

What? No bunnies?