Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 18, 2024, 06:34:52 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

DETROIT LIONS

Started by blakstr1, July 27, 2011, 02:08:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Now after 2 games where do you predict the Lions will end up this year?

more than 11 wins
1 (6.3%)
11-5
2 (12.5%)
10-6
6 (37.5%)
9-7
5 (31.3%)
8-8
2 (12.5%)
7-9
0 (0%)
6-10
0 (0%)
less than 6 wins
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Anthony Adams

Just one game?

I have no confidence that Stafford can stay healthy for a full season.
Anthony Adams - As your director I believe in promoting the enjoyment of fishing to all. I encourage good sportsmanship and preserving of natural resources. I strongly encourage all individuals regardless of age, race, or gender to be more involved in the world of fishing

Skulley

Quote from: Anthony Adams on September 01, 2011, 10:28:09 AM
Just one game?

I have no confidence that Stafford can stay healthy for a full season.

And if he doesn't stay healthy then for sure they won't make the playoffs.   ;)      8)    We'll see how he looks tonight against Buffalo.     ;)

BD                             ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

You guys ever hear of the power of positive thought?

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on September 01, 2011, 08:57:58 PM
You guys ever hear of the power of positive thought?

Yeah, but we're talking about the Lions DK.  Although they beat Buffalo tonight.  The real test starts next week.  The regular season.  It's going to take more than the power of positive thought for the Lions to make the playoffs.  It's going to take a miracle. 

BD                        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

detroit1

Quit comparing this Lions team to the past. They are Barely related.
WAVE THERAPY

Durand Dan

Quote from: detroit1 on September 02, 2011, 01:29:28 PM
Well said!!

djkimmel

I think someone needs to send someone a lucky rabbits foot!  ::)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Skulley

Quote from: detroit1 on September 02, 2011, 01:29:28 PM

That's where you're wrong.  They are very much related.  As long as the Ford's own the Lions, all we're going to get is the same old sad sacks.  They have been making the same promises to the fans for years.  Until people stop filling the seats at Ford Field, all we are ever going to get in Detroit is a mediocre football team at best.  They don't have to win to make money.  In this town they can lose and make money.  Same old team from the past......you'll see.

They drafted a quarterback a couple of years ago when they needed linemen on both sides of the ball.  They got Suh and that did make a difference, but it's time to build around that.  They are suspect in the defensive backfield....................again.  No running game..............again.  A quarterback who is injury prone and they can't protect him.  You watch, Stafford won't make it to Thanksgiving just like the last two years.  Reminds me of Scott Mitchell.  They couldn't protect him either and he never made it past Thanksgiving all the years he was here. 

They beat a bad Buffalo team by only 10 points.  They beat a worse Cleveland team by 2.  Yeah, keep getting excited about a undefeated pre-season team.  They were undefeated in the pre-season the year they couldn't win a regular season game.  They big test starts next week.  I hope I am wrong, but I have been watching these sad sacks with what seems like forever.  Same ole same ole.  You guys are so hungry for them to win that your judgement and common sense are clouded.  I guess even in football, common sense ain't so common.      

You guys act like they're going all the way to the big dance.  Here's a reality check for you optimists..................NOT!!!!  They are going to be the same ole sad sack Lions.  But like I said.................I hope I'm wrong.

BD                            ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

detroit1

Please explain to me why an empty stadium will improve this ball team. It will not make a differance on how much money is spent on players, there's a salary cap. I'll agree that Ford and Russ Thomas ruined this team for decades, but they aint around no more. Mayhew & Lewand seem to have a plan working and by all accounts  the "talking heads" think they are doing a great job. The team suffered from swithching coaches and philosophies every other year.(pro style, chuck & duck, westcoast,blah blah blah. For once it seems that the owner, gm's,and coaching staff are all together on how to go about turning this team into a respectable unit. Super bowl? not this year. Billy Sims? Scott Mitchell? C'mon man! You are living in the past. At least mention Barry for crying out loud. I couldn't care any less what the exhibition record is. It was fun watching Brady look like a deer in headlights though. Hopefully, the front 4 will help with their secondary problems, but every team has holes. GO LIONS!!!
WAVE THERAPY

Skulley

What do you mean Ford isn't around??  Bill Ford still owns the team.  The final decisions still rest with the owner.  So far Mayhew and Lewand have made some solid decisions but I believe it was Ford that made the final decision on drafting Stafford.  Not really a good move if you need linemen.  Living in the past or not, it is all down to track record and that team has a lot to prove.  Like I said, I hope I am wrong and you can rub all this in my face, but track record speaks for itself.  I have been watching this team and had season tickets for years and I still got them.  I still go to the games hoping that we will have a winner.  Empty seats sends a message to the organization.  That message is "go out start getting the personnel it takes to make it to the Super Bowl and win or we as fans are not going to come downtown and watch a bunch of sad sacks".  Period.  The last few years I have been selling individual games and making money on them and instead going fishing.  More excitement in a day of fishing than watching the Lions I guess.  By the way, any one who would like to buy tickets to the Lions games this year at Ford Field you can PM me.  I have 4 tickets and parking pass.  Tickets are in the lower level behind the Lions bench on the 45 yard line 10 rows up.  Thanksgiving Day is not for sale.  I go to that game religiously every year.

BD                                 ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

detroit1

You make money selling Lions tickets? That's a pretty good trick. There was a time you couldn't give them away. (not that i tried) For Lions fans everywhere...i hope you're wrong dog...
WAVE THERAPY

blakstr1

The DYNASTY begins in just under 31 hours... :o

Whatever happens this year, they are heading in the right direction and are not far from greatness!

Take it from Theo...

http://www.detroittailgate.com/Videos/2007/GridironHeroes_9-30-07.html

GOOOOOO LIONS!
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com

rkillick

lions are going to good this year lookout!

Skulley

Thanks to all for inquiring about my extra tickets.  As quickly as I was willing to sell some games, they got bought up.  I do have to say that the membership on GLB are an optimistic bunch.  Even though I have been a season ticket holder for years and my Father before that, I have never seen the optimism that I have seen this year.  I am not as optimistic.  Realistically they may go 8 and 8 at best.  They have one of the toughest schedules I have seen in a long time.  I would like to see them go 9 and 7 or maybe 10 and 6 but I believe that is wishful thinking.  More realistically 7 and 9 which will be an improvement over the 6 and 10 they were last year.  It would be an accomplishment for them to finish 8 and 8 or better.  Bottomline, they have to make the playoffs.  I don't think that's happening.  Like I said, you guys are an optimistic bunch..........but of course we are fishermen and we go out on the water with the optimism that we are going to catch 100 keeper bass every time...............at least I do.................but I am more optimistic about my fishing for bass than I am for the Lions.

BD                                  ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

That says it pretty good for me. I don't think team sports are that much different.

Maybe you need a little optimism (and hope?) towards the Lions BD just to push them over the edge for a change? I have seen the worst team beat the best team way more than once. I've even seen the lowly Lions beat a 'much better' team a time or two or three in the past. People sometimes literally do what they believe they can do. It's easier to pull this off if you have everyone on your side.

I was upset with many things today I saw in the one sports team I follow but I told myself I refuse to give up on them and they pulled it off. Somehow. Maybe because so many other people also refused to give up on them? GO BLUE!!

I believe the Lions now win two more games than they were going to just because of the effort blakstr1 put into his Go Lions post! Way to stick with them blakstr!!

Skulley

Quote from: djkimmel on September 11, 2011, 02:25:52 AM
The charm of fishing is that it is the pursuit of what is elusive but attainable, a perpetual series of occasions for hope. ~John Buchan

That says it pretty good for me. I don't think team sports are that much different.

Maybe you need a little optimism (and hope?) towards the Lions BD just to push them over the edge for a change? I have seen the worst team beat the best team way more than once. I've even seen the lowly Lions beat a 'much better' team a time or two or three in the past. People sometimes literally do what they believe they can do. It's easier to pull this off if you have everyone on your side.

I was upset with many things today I saw in the one sports team I follow but I told myself I refuse to give up on them and they pulled it off. Somehow. Maybe because so many other people also refused to give up on them? GO BLUE!!

I believe the Lions now win two more games than they were going to just because of the effort blakstr1 put into his Go Lions post! Way to stick with them blakstr!!

It's not much different for the pros DK.  But my optimism is not going to carry them over.  It's going to take some good sound mistake free football.  I have seen all you have seen with the Lions.  I remember years ago when they beat the Dallas Cowboys who were in their hay day.  Beat them at the Silverdome too.  No one thought that would happen.  Also the Lions had 12 men on the field when they scored to win that game and the refs didn't catch it.  You can't put the Wolverines in the same catagory as the Lions.  They have been to plenty of bowl games since the 1950's.  The Lions haven't been to the playoffs half as much as the Wolverines have been to bowl games. 

I said it once and I'll say it again.  You are an optimistic bunch and I hope I am wrong.  Might be the best "crow" I ever ate.   :P

BD                               ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

mikesmiph

First win, in the books. GO LIONS. Nice game today.

Durand Dan

On the road, and held the lead!! Great game!

djkimmel

blakstr1

Quote from: djkimmel on September 11, 2011, 02:25:52 AM

8) My pleasure.  Overall pleased with the game, love the defense and the o-line did good too.  still a couple stupid personal fouls and dropped passes but i think the overall team is so much better that they can compensate for the stupid mistakes.....as long as they get out of their system before we meet a team like Green Bay, or maybe even Chicago.

We need to figure out a way to get Calvin Johnson to sign up to GLB.....i know he loves fishing, he was in a deep see fishing contest at the pro bowl last year.
Blake Arkwood
www.teambass.net
www.quantumfishing.com