Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 20, 2024, 10:33:22 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Reeds Lake launch site

Started by Chewy, July 08, 2011, 10:11:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chewy

Could someone let me know where it is located.  I have tried everything and cannot find where I can launch on this lake.  I would be coming from US 131 south of Grand Rapids.  Thanks for the help.  It sounds like this lake is worth trying.

kgr624

131 to 28th street exit. Head east/ left. head down about 3-4 miles??? and you will hit the intersection of 28th and bretton. Take a left at bretton and it will take you straight to the lake! you will hit the launch as soon as you past East Grand Rapids College athletic Facilities right before Rose's. Good luck and look for those sunkin islands they are hot right now.

Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

Chewy

Thanks krg624.  I appreciate the help.  I could not find it anywhere.  Hope to get out wednesday or thursday for the first time there. 

djkimmel

How about a fishing report when you're done and maybe how the parking situation went. That's what I've always heard was a little challenging.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Chewy

I'll see what I can do.  Had the family out on Dumont and the truck started to overheat on the way there and home so I may be replacing a thermostat soon.  If I can get out I will be sure to post a full report.

djkimmel

Just hit it with a hammer...

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fasttrack

Quote from: kgr624 on July 09, 2011, 08:33:26 PM
131 to 28th street exit. Head east/ left. head down about 3-4 miles??? and you will hit the intersection of 28th and bretton. Take a left at bretton and it will take you straight to the lake! you will hit the launch as soon as you past East Grand Rapids College athletic Facilities right before Rose's. Good luck and look for those sunkin islands they are hot right now.

Or you could jump on M-6 east to Kalamazoo Ave exit, north to 28th St, Burton St, or Hall St, then east to Breton, north to lake. That will keep you off crazy 28th St any longer than necessary. BTW, its EGR High School, not college, facilities. You'll also see the fire barn and library in the same area and then a community park along the lake. The small launch is at the north edge of this park. Parking can be tricky. If you dont have any along the street, take the street north just past the big left hand curve. On the left is a parking area for a medical center that you can get into and walk a blocj back to the lake. Have fun - some real toads in there if you can get 'em to bite!
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil

Chewy

Dropped off the truck this morning.  Hope it's done in time that I can get out tonight.  May be tough with this cold front and east wind but it's better than staying home and watching tv.  I hope I can get out and post a report later tonight.  I think I know the area a little but it's been a long time since I have been up there.  Used to hit Yesterdog with my little brother every once in a while.

kgr624

Mark I know it's not a college but the facilities are so nice its like a college facility. Have coached there many times.............. ;D
Your either getting better or worse you never just stay the same

fasttrack

right on, probably even nicer than some small college facilties! Oh, to live in a wealthy area......
Interstate Batteries      Rocket Marketing
Fast Track Appraisals   West Marine
Nemesis Baits              Kustom Kicker Jigs
CD's Engine Service     J&H Oil