Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 28, 2024, 09:27:46 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

From Gov Granholm on Gas Prices

Started by djkimmel, June 21, 2006, 01:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

djkimmel

I received this update from Governor Granholm regarding efforts to cause some type of improvement in the gas prices situation:

Bcc:   djkimmel@aol.com
Subject:  Governor's Message
Date:  Thu, 15 Jun 2006 15:38:22 -0400

Dear Friend:

Thank you for taking time to sign our online petition to lower gas prices and make your voice heard.  As we promised when you signed the petition, I recently sent your name and the names of 275,000 of your fellow citizens to President Bush.  Our collective efforts have not gone unnoticed.  Fellow governors, members of Congress, and media from around the country have contacted us to learn more about your efforts.

Unfortunately, while our collective voice is inspiring others to join the effort, the Bush Administration and leaders controlling Congress are still not listening.  Since we began speaking out, the nation's four largest oil companies have announced another quarter of record profits - over $20 billion in three months.  Congressional leaders have voted down efforts to repeal the nearly $10 billion in tax breaks they gave big oil companies last year, and President Bush has refused to support a cap on outrageous oil profits.

Until our leaders in Washington are willing to listen, we will not sit quietly in Michigan.  We are doing everything we can to protect your pocketbooks while still investing in things that matter most to your family: affordable insurance, quality schools, and safe communities.  The 21st Century Jobs Fund will allow us to make investments that will enable Michigan to be a leader in developing alternative fuels and create jobs.   

Already, we have:

nearly doubled the number of gas inspectors on the road to ensure that you aren't taken advantage of at the pump;

successfully prosecuted gas station owners who deliberately overcharge customers, including the largest prosecution in state history in Macomb County last year;

helped bring four new ethanol plants to Michigan which will help us reduce our dependence on foreign oil while bringing over 200 jobs and over $350 million in investment to the state;

increased funding for home heating assistance by $25 million;

proposed reducing the cost of auto and homeowners insurance by 20 percent.

Until our leaders in Washington are willing to listen, we must continue to raise our voices together.  Continue to make your voice heard to your state legislators and your Congressional representatives.  Ask them to join our call to the President to take action against rising prices.  Ask them to stand with us.

Sincerely,

Jennifer M. Granholm
Governor

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bshaner

I received this as well.  I expect to get more of these "updates" as the election gets closer.

Brian
Byrd's Landing
220 Helmer Rd N
Springfield, MI 49015
(269)963-2844

thedude

granholms.. "hey its not my fault" campaign. no offense but its all smoke and mirrors and fodder for granholm's political spin machine. she can blame bush all she wants - doesn't change the fact that autoand other manufacturing plants are being built left and right in the midwest and they are keeping clear of michigan.

the gas problem is a function of the oil industry pinching us all by the short-n-curlies. no amount of gas inspectors or litigation against mom n pop gas stations is gonna save any significant amount of money. in fact - its gonna joe taxpayer to pay for all those salaries and legal fees. As for ethanol.... great...... now all we need is about 100k more jobs so everyone can afford to buy a new bi-fuel car.

ginny has proven she has no clue what it takes to turn around michigans economy. just another career politician whose only real talent is talking out of both sides of her mouth at the same time.
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

djkimmel

We have a large new auto plant in Lansing. Some new ancillary businesses coming in too to support it.

I think politicians get beat up pretty bad in the good ole US - and many seem to deserve it - but our system is pretty tough to work with when people want simple answers to complex issues, and from people who may or may not really be able to have any significant impact on the particular issue.

It is like you almost have to vote for who is 'misleading' you the least. Any politician that comes out and is completely straightforward and honest seems to be a politician who doesn't get elected.

I just know I'm personally fed up with gas prices that bounce around day-to-day almost whether any gas has actually been purchased at a new price. I wish someone could do something. Start by getting rid of that guy (rich CEO of course) out West who says we need to continuously pay more than $3 per gallon or we won't change/stop all driving SUVs and start driving tiny 4-cylinder vehicles only all the time. Yeah - I need his advice like I need a hole in the head

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

BassFisher91

Right now I like it how it is going down in price, tho still way to overpriced.  Supposedly by Christmas, the gas prices could be down under $2.00...
Keeping The Lines Tight.

djkimmel

I'll believe it when I see it. Completely confusing how prices started going down right after they had a great new excuse to raise them more - the shutdown of that processing plant - I expected $3.50 a gallon.

I may actually have some money leftover in my check after I pay bills and buy gasoline for the drive to work every day (130 miles round trip) - A dollar a gallon drop in price would be like getting a 3% raise for me! I prefer to spread my money around rather than give it to just one industry...