Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 29, 2024, 01:42:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Friday 6/4

Started by Revtro, June 04, 2011, 08:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Revtro

Got out at 6am and headed South to where we were catching them good the previous Monday.  The fish were still there...BIGTIME.  Although our biggest was only 4lbs, for a while we were catching 2 and 3lbrs on nearly every cast!  I headed North to try to find some bigger fish and that's where things started to unravel.  Oh, how I wish we'd have stayed put!  Anyway, we found fish everywhere we went but we also found idgets.  There were just too many boats out on the water that day to be fishing in the area we were.  I generally try to keep my distance from other fishermen because St. Clair is big lake and I don't see any need to crowd.  But some of my fishing  brethren apparently didn't have the same concept.  For a while, I had to dodge these two guys in a recreational boat who left their trolling motor on while they fought and unhooked and released fish.  They didn't bother to steer or see where their boat was going, which was usually right toward me!  It was very frustrating.

On the upside, I got to meet up with BigDog and Rocknfish and fish around them for a while.  But that's when I had one of those truly embarrassing moments.  It's never happened before and I hope to God it never happens again, but somehow I got caught up on pedestal seat, or it somehow came dislodged (not sure what exactly happened) and I tripped and hit the deck.  Thank God I didn't go swimming, but it was pretty dumb looking I'm sure.  It was funny because I couldn't get up because somehow during the fall, my belt got hung up on the seat adjustment lever.  So I was kind of trapped until my partner came over and got me unstuck.  Not much hurt but my pride. 

We fished for another hour, caught a half dozen more, and called it a day.  We headed to my favorite place for Walleye, Lake Breeze Restaurant and enjoyed a nice lunch.  All in all, we caught about 30 with a number of 3lb and near 4lb fish.  Once again, green pumpkin with copper flake was the tube of choice with not many coming on any moving baits, although a couple of my other bros told me they got em good on cranks.  So I really need someone to take me cranking.   As long as I have been fishing, I still suck at deep cranking and I'm sure I don't have the baits I need.  I catch plenty with a lipless, but other than that, I need some crankin help.  Who wants a free day on St. Clair who can teach me a little?  I'll front the gas!  :)  Maybe I can get BigDog to take me up on it.  hint hint.
Tom  <><

More about me:
www.pastortomo.com
[/size]

Skulley

So you want to learn how to deep crank??  First of all you have to quit tripping over your own feet................ :o.....................once you got that.............the rest is like a walk in the park.   :P    I didn't see you get all wrapped up in your pedestal seat Rev.  Years from now you'll look back on that a laugh, however stuff like that is never funny.  You could have really hurt yourself.

I will take you up on that deep cranking stuff.  However, my vacation is over for now and I have to go back to work tomorrow.  But I will put you on my list for deep cranking clinic 101.  Check out my FB Wall for the big un I caught on a DLN Friday.  That was a really, really good day out there.  The sunfish and perch patterns were really tearing em up.  I had a blast.

BD                               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

bassebuster5675

partner and i fished selfridge yesterday and tore the fish up seemed every successful hook up led to 4 or five other fish following the hooked fish to the boat. all in all 45 fish between the two of us with nothing under 3 lbs. most of my partners fish were caught on a spro bbz-1 swim bait slow sink while most of mine came on a rapala x rap. we caught most of our fish off of one spot til a guy decided to take his kids swimming right in the middle of where we were fishing darn pleasure boaters. why is it idgets like that and jetskiers have nothing better to do than race around where everyone is fishing.

Rocknfish

Wanted to thank UAW Big Dog and Revtro for being hospitable and just over all cool to us on our annual LSC trip last weekend.Was great texting back and fourth how the fishing was and where on what!Ive come to the conclusion that it almost doesnt matter when,where and what.Lake St.Clair is a smallmouth factory!If you are any kind of fisherman,you will find them,they are plentifull and all over the place.This was my 5th year on this trip and it was by far the best...near the top of all my bass trips.Absolutley unreal.We ended up with 305 smallies,a gagillion rock bass,only 4 largies and only 1 sheephead(we catch tons of those bassin here on Erie).
Our best location was working the 6-7.5 fow range from just north of 9 mile up to just north of Veterans Memorial Park.We did run all the way down to Windmill Pt. per BD and found some great areas to fish.Picked up a few and some bonus white bass(you guys call em silver bass).Lots of great stuff to fish.Worked up to the yacht clup at the Delphine channel and picked up a few fishing right on the wall.Our best was the afforementioned areas though.Revtro,I apologize for seeing you bite it man, just happen to look over at ya.Thought for sure you were swimmin with the fishes!Glad ya didnt.Dont know how many times I've lost my balance out of nowhere.Bill!Send me a pic of that hogger please!!!Incredible.
Would have posted this sooner but was busy buying my 2nd boat the last few days.Went from a 87'Aluminum Bass Tracker w.a 25hp Merc to a gem of a boat in a 93 Ranger 681c that is super ultra clean with a 115 pro V Yamaha that has only 20 freaking hours on it!The trailer has almost zero rust on it too.Very cool boat.Cant wait to load her up man...
Tight lines to all,
Aaron
Rock and fish...thats what I do!

Skulley

Aaron, I don't know if you have a FB account or not. I have posted the picture there.

BD.                   ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

reo

I was the guy who had the privilege of driving my boat wherever rockinfish told me to from the info coming to him via text on his phone and wanted to a BIG THANKS to the senders of the texts!!

What a fishery!!!!

Thanks again

reo

Firefighter Jeff

Welcome to the site reo.   :)

Skulley

Welcome to the forum reo!!   :D.  Revtro and I were the senders of the texts. Glad you guys did well out there. As our guest in Michigan, you experienced the finest smallmouth in the world........bar none!!! Again, welcome!! We are glad you're here!!!

BD.                       ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com