Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 31, 2024, 11:00:57 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Burt and Mullet

Started by bassforfun, September 13, 2011, 12:34:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bassforfun

Just wondering if we had to pick only one 3-day weekend either in late Sept or Mid Oct to go to Burt-Mullet which one is the better gamble?  I've been there around the end of Sept before and had marginal success but I suppose that changes from year to year.  I know it's tough to know when the best Fall bite occurs but does any time frame usually favor better than the other?  Thanks.

Eric

The later the better for the fishing.  Of course, the later the riskier for the weather.  Ideally, go as late as you can when the water is cold and it is nice and sunny.  Then they'll be shallow on the rocks and weed patsches absorbing heat.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

djkimmel

I'd go with October and hope for a spell of nice weather. 2 or 3 days either way in weather patterns can really make a difference in fishing up there from this point until it freezes.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

bassforfun

Thanks for the information guys.  Looks like October is generally considered better.  Now we'll just keep our fingers crossed for decent weather!

Firefighter Jeff

Let me know when you decide to go.  I'll be up there around the 8th thru the 13th.   

Erie660

Can anyone recommend some places to stay around the Burt-Mullet area?  Possibly somewhere that is boat friendy with plug-ins and close to the launch areas? Thanks

Firefighter Jeff

Stargate Motel is a small Grandma and Grandpa owned motel that is very close to the state park ramp on Burt. Accomodations are a little dated but very clean  !!  They have a website.  Think Tcook and I spent $60 a night during the week in October.

Eric

I've stayed at the Stargate and found that to be just fine.  I've also stayed at the Johnson Motel I think it's called.  I've stayed there a few times and it has always been fine as well.  Until last time anyways.  I've always been in a room near the middle of the building and they have always been fine.  Cheap too.  I stayed there a couple weeks ago when I raced at Onaway, and the lady put me in the end room.  Not good.  $35 is good, but room.....not good.  I would stay there again, but request one of the rooms in the middle.
www.ReelResponseSolutions.com
www.BassinWithEric.com

fiker

Do both of the aforementioned motels have places to plug in the chargers at night time? 
If so, how many boats could they accommodate?
So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

Chewy

I'm curious now.  Why are the middle rooms better rooms than the end rooms?

djkimmel

Quote from: Chewy on September 26, 2011, 08:06:18 PM
I'm curious now.  Why are the middle rooms better rooms than the end rooms?

He hinted... but I was afraid to ask.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

djkimmel

Quote from: fiker on September 26, 2011, 06:18:59 PM
Do both of the aforementioned motels have places to plug in the chargers at night time? 
If so, how many boats could they accommodate?

Stargate has a few plugs outside. They could handle a small group, club I think. I don't know the other one.