Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 02:49:33 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Camping for Fall MadWags Memorial

Started by stackenem, July 12, 2011, 07:50:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stackenem

My son and I will have room for 8 to 10 people to camp and park their boat for the weekend. We have some property in Rapid City which it not to far from the torch river. I am going to be going up on Friday the 30th of Sept and coming home on the 3rd of Oct. If any one wants to camp give me a pm so I can get a list going.

Thanks
Stackenem
Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

stackenem

Remember you don't quit fishing when you get old, you get old when you quit fishing

djkimmel

Shoot. I forgot to get back with you. Put me down for now. Need to save money.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

stackenem

Your in.Plenty of room for your truck and boat with electric. There will be a bonfire pit and we are going to take up the grill  if anybody wants to cook out.

Firefighter Jeff

Camp  ???  I'm bringing the wife up...... she doesn't do camping.  lolol  Are there any 5 star hotels there ???   lolol   jk jk   :)

djkimmel

Sure there is. Right there in Traverse City. Good luck.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Firefighter Jeff

We stayed the night there recently.  Think it was the Comfort Inn, more like a 2 or 3 star.  LOL   Price was reasonable though.

djkimmel

Stay in that one that looks like a giant milk carton...

stackenem

Are you sure it isnt really you that doesnt like camping FF. You can still come over to the property and spend some time telling tall tales with the rest of us. Ill keep you informed as to what is going on as far as a cookout goes.

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: stackenem on July 14, 2011, 02:13:58 PM
Are you sure it isnt really you that doesnt like camping FF. You can still come over to the property and spend some time telling tall tales with the rest of us. Ill keep you informed as to what is going on as far as a cookout goes.

I was considering coming over.  Might be tight on time.  I believe my daughter has a soccer game that day, (Saturday)so we'll be leaving afterwards.  Might not hit TC area til 6ish.  If we can swing it we will stop by.  Keep me posted.  :)

bob o

count me in for one tent one truck and one boat on a trailer  ;D  5 star camping all the way

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: djkimmel on July 14, 2011, 01:13:30 AM
Stay in that one that looks like a giant milk carton...

Ummmmm yeah Dan, isnt that the resort/spa ???  Like 12 star or something???  lolol  Too rich for my poor blood.  :0

djkimmel

I don't know... they won't even let me on the drive!! ;D

Dan

There's a nice campground at the south end of Elk with nice cement ramps for launching your boat. The campground is almost directly across from the opening to Skegmog. I believe it's called Whitewater Campground.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

bassfan586

Got one!

bob o

Quote from: Dan on August 16, 2011, 08:48:45 PM
There's a nice campground at the south end of Elk with nice cement ramps for launching your boat. The campground is almost directly across from the opening to Skegmog. I believe it's called Whitewater Campground.

this one?

(fixed your link for you - see below)

djkimmel

Whitewater Township Park

Technical problem with the spelling of that link so I added here for bob o so it'll work correctly.

djkimmel

At the moment, it appears I won't be camping but staying somewhere with the Genie.

bob o

Quote from: stackenem on July 12, 2011, 07:50:22 PM
My son and I will have room for 8 to 10 people to camp and park their boat for the weekend. We have some property in Rapid City which it not to far from the torch river. I am going to be going up on Friday the 30th of Sept and coming home on the 3rd of Oct. If any one wants to camp give me a pm so I can get a list going.

Thanks
Stackenem

i'm going to need some directions on how to get to the campsite. Hopfully my boat will be out of the shop by then

bob o