Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 14, 2024, 02:40:21 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

Thank you Dan Kimmell, and all the GLB sponsors!

Started by Mike S., May 13, 2012, 10:42:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike S.

Once again, Dan and all of the GLB sponsors came through for us on another fun event.  It was a blast.

I got to see more of that lake than I ever have.  Amazing!  Got a lot of fish, but just weren't on the big ones.  Oh well, because we were there to have fun, and that;s what we did.

Then, there's Mojo!  I'm telling you, if you haven't had the opportunity to fish with him, you're missing out.  What a riot!  He kept us entertained all day.  He's very knowledgable when it comes to LSC, and put us on fish everywhere we went.  If I had to compare him to an Elite Series pro, Mike Iaconelli comes to mind.  Good thing is that Mojo isn't as abusive to equipment.  But his antics in the boat are hillarious!  "Cast to that wave over there.  NO, not that one!"  I will never forget that.  I would definitely spend another day on the water with him.

Mikesmiph, thanks for the cookout.  As usual, Mike hauled out the grill, a new one this year!!!  Way to spoil us Mike.  I wish I could have gotten video of the old grill's demise.  Would have been great YouTube stuff there.

It was great to see everyone again.  Hope you guys had as much fun as I did.

Waterfoul

Agreed.  Thanks Dan and Mikesmiph!

Mike S, you should have gone out after the cookout.   ;D
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TheFishinPollock

Definatly a big thanks from me.  The food spread was awsome. Morning and afternoon.   A big thanks to Stack for puttin up with me on his boat all day and the rest of ya for having me down.
Matthew" the pollock" Novak
1986 Champ 168
 2014 Pro XS 115 Merc

Mike S.

Quote from: Waterfoul on May 13, 2012, 11:02:13 AM
Agreed.  Thanks Dan and Mikesmiph!

Mike S, you should have gone out after the cookout.   ;D

We thought about it.  But we wussed out.  My back still hurts from the boat ride.

Dave B

Thanks to everyone, I had a great time and can't wait to get out on St Clair again. Thanks again to everyone.

djkimmel

Glad everyone had fun. Hopefully everyone. That was one of the nicest weather days we've had during the spring MadWags Memorial.

Nice to see the kids fishing too. Lots of food. Thanks Mikesmiph for setting up and cooking! I know you wanted to fish a little longer and catch a few more! Too bad you didn't have the hat cam on when the grill bought it!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Bassin Brett

Thanks dan it was a blast cant wait to do it again this fall

t-bone

My nephew Andrew had a great time again. Each year around January - he starts texting me about when the tournament is and how/where are we going to fish. He caught just as many smallies as I did this year and ended up with our biggest bass. Laura was disappointed that she didn't get a smallie but she did catch a big pike and a white bass.

Quote from: djkimmel on May 13, 2012, 04:06:33 PM
Glad everyone had fun. Hopefully everyone. That was one of the nicest weather days we've had during the spring MadWags Memorial.

Nice to see the kids fishing too. Lots of food. Thanks Mikesmiph for setting up and cooking! I know you wanted to fish a little longer and catch a few more! Too bad you didn't have the hat cam on when the grill bought it!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

YpsiBass

Thanks markgoetsch for letting me hang out in the back of your boat.  Learned a lot and I appreciate all the advice.  Thanks Dan for putting it together.  It's nice putting faces to screen names too.  Can't wait for the next event!

KHefner

I agree..excellent job, Dan.  Thanks for all your hard work and thanks to Mike for the time at the grill.  I love coming over for this event and meeting new people.  I had an outstanding time with Firefighter Jeff.  We had a tough time getting 'em dialed in, but we laughed a ton.

old$chool

I also had a great time,Evan&jay are a lot of fun to fish with
Food was great,thanks again Dan and thanks to Bob O for lending us his measuring board!

djkimmel

Everyone has to do their part to make it work. I will send out some personal thanks to many people this week who helped, volunteered or donated. It meant a lot to have Evan and Liza there too! Thanks publicly to you old$chool for taking Jason and Evan out and giving them a day to remember! That is very special. I was really glad to see the kids. We need to get more ladies involved.

I completely forgot that I intended to have everyone quickly say their screen name! I'll remember at the rest to cover this!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Jay-MadWags

Quote from: Mike S on May 13, 2012, 10:42:20 AM
Once again, Dan and all of the GLB sponsors came through for us on another fun event.  It was a blast.

I got to see more of that lake than I ever have.  Amazing!  Got a lot of fish, but just weren't on the big ones.  Oh well, because we were there to have fun, and that;s what we did.

Then, there's Mojo!  I'm telling you, if you haven't had the opportunity to fish with him, you're missing out.  What a riot!  He kept us entertained all day.  He's very knowledgable when it comes to LSC, and put us on fish everywhere we went.  If I had to compare him to an Elite Series pro, Mike Iaconelli comes to mind.  Good thing is that Mojo isn't as abusive to equipment.  But his antics in the boat are hillarious!  "Cast to that wave over there.  NO, not that one!"  I will never forget that.  I would definitely spend another day on the water with him.

Hey Mike, you can't be talking about the Mojo I know.  If you were your post would have said something like. . ."I can't believe that Mojo hit me twice with two of his casts.  Man those tube jigs sting".
;D

Mikesmiph, thanks for the cookout.  As usual, Mike hauled out the grill, a new one this year!!!  Way to spoil us Mike.  I wish I could have gotten video of the old grill's demise.  Would have been great YouTube stuff there.

It was great to see everyone again.  Hope you guys had as much fun as I did.
Jay-Mad of "Team MadWags"
Jason Madigan

Firefighter Jeff

Thanks again so much Dan, and all the sponsors that made this the fun event I've come to expect. I always try to purchase through this site and let the sponsors know that.  Didn't place as high as we had hoped but it was nice to have so many donations to go out to the 9th place.  :)
   Mike, thanks so much for being the grillmaster  !!!!! 
  My original partner bailed when he heard who he was fishing with (hahaha) so Dan set me up with Keith (KHefner).  Really had a great time.  Wish I could have put you on more fish.  If we could have just culled more than one fish!  lol  Very interesting to talk shop with Keith since we are both civil servants for our communities.  (Firefighter, Police Officer)  He's welcome in my boat anytime.  Stay safe my friend.

Mike S.

Lucky for me, I didn't get hit by anything from Mojo. But, now that I think back, I owe Brett one.

djkimmel

Quote from: Firefighter Jeff on May 14, 2012, 11:05:39 PM
  My original partner bailed when he heard who he was fishing with (hahaha) so Dan set me up with Keith (KHefner).

I talked to your 'original' partner today. He thought it was next (this) weekend because he was sure a good boy like me would not schedule the event on Mother's Day weekend! I did not know it was the whole weekend now. I have to go call my Mom.

Quote from: Mike S on May 15, 2012, 04:25:24 AM
Lucky for me, I didn't get hot by anything from Mojo. But, now that I think back, I owe Brett one.

Uh oh...

Bassin Brett

Almost had to call in ff Jeff to do his hook removal trick

bassfan586

Thank you Dan.  As always a great time.  I appreciate all the hard work you put into this event and the site.

Brad
Got one!

Firefighter Jeff

Quote from: Bassin Brett on May 16, 2012, 12:57:07 AM
Almost had to call in ff Jeff to do his hook removal trick

I'm getting pretty good at it.  Can even get it out the first try now.  lolol