Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

May 11, 2024, 10:11:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Tue, 07 May 2024 13:00:10 +0000
The Michigan DNR is conducting an acoustic tagging study on Lake St. Clair Smallmouth Bass to better understand their distribution through the lake and habitat use.
Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.

Advertisement

saginaw bay

Started by bosshawg, July 24, 2006, 07:41:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bosshawg

haven't seen nor heard any reports on the bay.  ???
anybody out there fishing it.  ???  ???
i beleive there was a tournament out there recently as posted on events calendar. might be mistaken. going out there in 2 weeks for a club tournament.
if it feels good - SET THE HOOK!!

Michigan Bass Busters

MBell

I've been out there when the wind lets me.  The fish have been slowly moving to their summer areas, they have been slow to move this year.  I have been getting some big fish around 5lbs but they are tougher than they should be.  The numbers of 3-3.5lbers haven't showed up yet should be soon.  All of the tournaments on the bay that I know about have been canceled.  There is the nbaa black jack shootout and B.A.S.S. wolverine division in september. 
-Matt

chase5004

Could any of you Saginaw bay guys point me in the right direction when in comes to finding the smallies this time of year???

Thanks
Pat

smbassman

Quote from: chase5004 on July 24, 2006, 09:46:31 PM
Could any of you Saginaw bay guys point me in the right direction when in comes to finding the smallies this time of year???

Thanks
Pat

That way ----->   ;D

Savage

Don't listen to him, they are that way!

<----------       ;)
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

bronzeback

Fished the bay yesterday and this morning;wacked the walleyes, but only a couple bass.Water is as green as a gourd,I could only see down about a foot or so,.which made it  very tough. Mabey there's an algie ploom or something, all I know is it was tough fishing.Fished the west side points down to Linwood;didn't run to the Charities because the weather was too iffy.Do you have to go there to catch a few fish?Anyway, I need some guidence too.

MBell

The water has been dirtyier than normal this year, mostly from run off and a week of relentless soutwest winds that sent the dirtier water from the inner bay out.  There has been a lot of sewage/manure running off into the bay this year, they have closed the beaches by me a few times.  Charity wasn't that great the last time I was out there, I've been getting them in 20 feet or deeper.  They aren't that reliable though, here today gone tomorrow. 
-Matt 

bosshawg

o great - stinky fish.....

leaving friday a.m. to pre-fish and saturday. sunday tournament.
will send a update on next week.

Michigan Bass Busters

bosshawg

well guys, the bite is still off.......really a bad 3 days out on the water. water still dirty w/only abt 18-24" visibility. temps reading upper 70's-80degs, lack of bait fish, don't know what it is. the couple of guys that ran to charitys, didn't have anything good to say - that was off.  we got some good sticks in our club, but when they get skunked, we know it was going to be tuff out there. maybe lack of or no x-perience out there, but i definately was not impressed other then the size of it all. the hot spot map doesn't do it any justice.
ended up being a LM tournament w/a limit of & 11+ winning it.
for the courtesy of our club members fishing the 'state fish-off' i won't get into the specifics, but even then i hope the bay turns around for all u guys fishing it next month. good luck.......

Michigan Bass Busters

Team houston

Can you at least tell us what you weighed in?  How many? SM or LM? total weight?

MBell

I've always said August is the worth month to fish the bay for bass.  When the waves finally do let you fish, the fish are fussy and bunched tightly, the spot is usually only about the size of one or two cars.  You have to go out there with the mentallity that there is an 18lb sack just waiting and you.  It can be hard to stay focused out there, but you have to do it.  The state fish off will be fine, september is a good month for the bay.
-Matt

Dan

State fish off is August 24.
"Not in the clamor of the crowded streets nor in the shouts and plaudits of the throng, but within oneself lies victory or defeat."

MBell

Quote from: Dan on August 08, 2006, 06:05:30 PM
State fish off is August 24.

I hope we get some cool calm weather otherwise it could be nasty.
-Matt

chase5004

Hit the bay agian today with a buddy. The water was dirty, it was a bit choppy on the way out, while fishing, and on the way in. It was tough fishing. That pretty much sums up the trip.

We did manage a few fish all of which were smallies. We started on the west side, hit the Chariteis (Big Charity), hit the east side, and ended the day on the west side again. As one of the posts mentioned earlier the few fish we did find were in a small area. Most of the fish came on darker colored tubes.

O' ya watch out for the big rocks around Charity!!!!!

Pat