Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 24, 2024, 02:38:14 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Plans for the season?

Started by troossien1, April 08, 2011, 10:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troossien1

Tell me your plans for this season What do you have planed? We're Looking for some other tournaments to fish what are you all up to this year? you have any suggestions? just trying to expand my horizon's
Kistler rods

2k JIGS

Lake Drive North and South, Reel Deal Tournaments, BBT Opens and the Case of the Mondays.......... I wonder if I will see my wife this summer??????????? ;D

Redbone

SPI, COTM, a couple of opens and one or two charities. Thats all I could get a kitchen pass for. >:( ;D

djkimmel

Fishing different places and catching as many fish as possible (not just bass) hopefully on some new stuff too. I like variety!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

FOB

Avid Bass Anglers Opens - Opening day on Cass Lake, then First Sunday in October on Halfmoon Chain.  See Posting on Tournament site.
Ralph Blasey
Wonderland Marine West  734-417-5550

Bender

My plans are to try to keep up my average of fishing 5-7 days a week with a lot of new water. I like going new places and exploring. I'd like to try some of the U.P. lakes this year. I'm happy to not fish any tournaments, except maybe just for fun like DK Opens or some Kent Lake Tuesday nights. It all comes down to work, when I have it I don't get to fish as much. 
- Chris
www.nemesisbaits.com

djkimmel

You start hitting 8 days a week and we'll have to talk...!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

fuzzygrub1611

I'm with Bender. Except for work. Us retired guys don't have to worry about that.

Skulley

I have to fish around Alec's soccer schedule since I am his transportation and he is only 10.  I plan to fish some NBAA One on One stuff.  I like Len's trail that is a One on One on big water.  I hope to make some of those.  Maybe try to get back to Belleville this year on some Tuesday Nights.  I always liked that trail.  And I really would like to fish with my lovely bride more this year.  We usually get out together at least once or twice so if I can get her out more she would love it.  I am planning our first trip together to St. Clair on Mother's day.  We'll let the kids sleep in and she and I will go there.  What a plan.  I haven't fished on Mother's Day in years.  I may have a good plan here.  Even though she is not MY Mother, she is the Mother of my children.  And weather permitting, she thought it was a good idea.

BD                               ;D
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

Firefighter Jeff

Non-tournament guy here, cept for the DK Opens.  I plan to head to St. Clair for 3 days or so the first week of May with TCook from the site.  I plan on returning for the Spring Open on the 14th.  I have two trips for a total of 3 weeks on Hamlin Lake in Ludington during June and July.  Hope to get back up there early September for a few days to cast the Pere marquette Lake for salmon.  Plan on fishing the Fall DK Open on Skegmog and continuing on to Burt and Mullet for a few days.  Sounds like a good year to me.  Hope the fish cooperate  !!!!!   ;D   :-\'   Oh, I hope to get a chance to fish with a couple members of this site.

bassfan586

Give me a shout Jeff.  I only live 30 min or so from the lake and would like to go.  Your boat or mine.
Got one!

independentMike

I'll be on St. Clair smallie fishing when I can find an opening. I'm going to try and get in on some Detroit River walleye jigging if I can get the boat ready in time. I've got to go pull it out of storage in my barn up-north first and then drop it off for maintenance on the o/b.
Support Small Tackle Manufacturers
Independent Tackle

troossien1

ahh well if any of you are interested then help would be greatly appreciated in the state high school bass tournament boats are needed and that would be awesome if you would be willing to help. it will be on Kent lake Ill get the dates later if interested
Kistler rods

t-bone

It all depends on the dates!
Terry Bone
Bass Anglers of Michigan
The Bass Boys - TBF Club
2013 Ranger z520c w/ Evinrude ETEC 250

troossien1

I know for the youth one it's june 11zl..the highschool one, I'm not 100% sure... I'll have to get ahold of jeff cox
Kistler rods

troossien1

Kistler rods

bigjc

Quote from: FOB on April 09, 2011, 02:12:00 PM
Avid Bass Anglers Opens - Opening day on Cass Lake, then First Sunday in October on Halfmoon Chain.  See Posting on Tournament site.

I am glad you posted this, I had almost forgot about the Cass Lake opener!!!

bigjc

Quote from: independentMike on April 10, 2011, 10:58:40 AM
I'll be on St. Clair smallie fishing when I can find an opening. I'm going to try and get in on some Detroit River walleye jigging if I can get the boat ready in time. I've got to go pull it out of storage in my barn up-north first and then drop it off for maintenance on the o/b.

I could be convinced on some saturday in April to take a few guys out walleye fishing on the river.

bigjc

Quote from: bassinkid16 on April 08, 2011, 10:32:34 PM
Tell me your plans for this season What do you have planed? We're Looking for some other tournaments to fish what are you all up to this year? you have any suggestions? just trying to expand my horizon's
I am planning on fishing Huron Valley Bass, possibly the opener on Cass and Saginaw on Memorial Day, if I can get away from work on Memorial Weekend.

djkimmel

Those were comments from last year bigjc in case you didn't see that.

You can always check the forum calendar for some of the event dates and links to the information. Trying to train more of the posters to use the Link to Calendar option on their tournament posts to make it easier to find events. The 2012 TBF Jr state championship and 2012 Michigan High School Fishing Championships - both in June now - are on there.