email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2011 Bassmaster Classic TV  (Read 3392 times)

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
2011 Bassmaster Classic TV
« on: February 27, 2011, 10:44:36 AM »

Watched the first 2 shows.  At least #2 was 2 hours.  Typical coverage where they are keying on the top 5 finishers.  Don't think they even mentioned the radar units mounted on the boats.  Arron Martens sure is a whiner. He psyches himself out.

It is better than watching fishing show re-runs.

Day 3 is tonight at 10.   Wonder who wins ;D ;D

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: 2011 Bassmaster Classic TV
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 12:17:59 AM »

Rumor has it that Ryan Said and cameraguy where on there somewhere too.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

eetz

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 08:54:34 AM »

I couldn't believe it.  I DVR'd day 3 and said down to watch it last night.  20 minutes of auto racing overlapped, so I missed the last 20 minutes of the coverage. 

I guess it's good that I already know what happened, but missing the last 20 minutes of a 5 hour accumilation was a bit disappointing. 

There was a bit of talk between KVD and Martins, KVD said he felt like a magnet because Martins kept coming near him.  Do you guys think the following conversation was friendly or was there some tension? 

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:56:01 AM »

Martens was totally beaten.  Watch how he is casting.  Not really putting  much effort in it.  His shoulders are even slumped.   Even Rook commented that it would be the KVD show.   Another way he has them beaten.

On the DVR I always record the next show with any sports event.  I hate  recording after basketball because it  takes ½ hour to play the last 2 minutes.   My professional couch fishermen tip of the day.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 09:07:57 PM »

Yup. Good tip. I forgot to record it at all, but cameraguy says he missed the last 15 minutes or so.

I didn't get to see the interaction on the water between KVD and Martens. Afterwords, they were both overly complimentary to each other with Martens going first.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Victor Cerabone

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 09:59:18 PM »

I had the "20 mins of drag racing overlap" thing too!  :P

I fast forwarded through all the talk and just watched the fishing.  While the weights were competitive the other anglers acted like KVD had them beat every step of the way.  Aaron and Scott Rook spent too much time watching KVD.  I thought pros did not do that?   ;D

Nice to see the cranking clinic.  I think those crank bait thingys only work down south.

eetz

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 10:08:21 PM »

On the DVR I always record the next show with any sports event.  I hate  recording after basketball because it  takes ½ hour to play the last 2 minutes.   My professional couch fishermen tip of the day.

Lesson learned!

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »

Naw... those crank bait thingys work pretty good up here too.

fear no fish

« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 08:23:13 AM »

I missed the last part of the show also because of the car race. I checked and they are rerunning it this Sunday so you can record it again if you missed the last part.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge