Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 05:16:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

2011 TBF Open Series......a ROI Outdoors Partnership Production

Started by ROI Outdoors, December 30, 2010, 07:50:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROI Outdoors

2011 TBF OPEN SERIES
An ROI Outdoors Production

MAY 29th 2011 MUSKEGON LAKE – Fisherman's Landing

JULY 17th 2011 LAKE ST. CLAIR – Harley Ensign Memorial

OPEN SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP – Hosted by: Lake Drive Marine Coldwater Lake
OCTOBER 8th & 9th 2011

********$150 Entry Fee w/$20 optional Big Bass (Championship Entry $75)
********100% Payback at the Ramp PLUS
********$1000 TBF Member Bonus Money
********$2000 Open Series AOY
********$3000 in Manufacturer Incentives & Prizes Each Event
********No Membership required

When individuals and organizations put egos and differences aside everyone benefits most noteably the anglers.  We will have all the details advertised by the Novi Show.....Special thanks to Jeff & Julie for hosting the Championship - stay tuned for Tournament Dir./MC, prize details, and early draw entry announcements as well.

Happy New Year,
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

gr@ssmonkey

i was recently told that if you are a TBF member,ROI OPEN SERIES will be paying 3000 $$$  :o for the anglers of the year......thats 3 tournaments....$$3000$$$........see u at muskegon.....or not...if you don't fish the muskegon tournament u won't have a chance at the $$$3000$$$

see u at the ramp ;D

ROI Outdoors

$1000 "TBF Team Money"- Team that finishes with most points that are TBF members

$2000 "Michigan Angler(s) of the Year" - overall points champion

So if you are the points champion after the 3 events you win the $2000 "Michigan Angler of the Year"; if you and your partner are TBF Member's you would take home an additional $1000. 

I will add some more details to the post later this evening or Sunday - this will all be clearly outlined on www.roioutdoors.com in the next few days as well; we have been busy with the new site but when it's done there will definitely be a whole lot more to talk about....... 

ROI Outdoors

Early Draw Entry Forms will be available Feb. 3rd or 4th - details will be announced tomorrow Feb. 3rd.

We look forward to breaking the century mark in 2011..........

ROI Outdoors

Early Draw Entry Forms are attached and can also be found at the newly remodeled http://www.roioutdoors.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/ROI-Open-Series-Early-Draw-Entry-Form1.pdf

Whether you register for 1 event or both events you only pay $30.00 PER TEAM of which 100% is allocated towards the Open Series Championship hosted by Lake Drive Marine.
EX: 150 Teams fish between the 2 events = $4500 towards the Championship payouts

If you are unsure that you will be able to attend both events we still recommend that you elect to participate in both events early draws - it does not cost any more to enter both early draws and this series rewards anglers for going out of their comfort zones with the $2000 Michigan Angler(s) of the Year Award.

To qualify for the Open Series Championship simply finish in the top 50% of the field on Muskegon or St. Clair - YOU DO NOT NEED TO FISH BOTH EVENTS TO QUALIFY

On top of the 100% paybacks at the ramp each event,$1000 "Members Championship Money", $2000 Michigan Angler(s) of the Year, $3000 in Partner/Sponsor Prize Giveaways, & Trophies/Plaques for 1st, 2nd, 3rd & Big Bass each event we will also be having warm food and cold beverages for every participant and their families.  Thanks to our great partner/sponsor Extreme Graphics each event will be a tournament stage with partner/sponsor backdrop and MC Scott Michael of Wonderland spotlighting each team as they come across the scales.  We will also be using a Live-Release Pontoon at each event in order to disperse fish away from launch & weigh-in sites.

Ever since ROI began back in April of 2009 our ultimate goal was to bring back the state-wide 100+ boat fields to the Great Lakes.  In 2010 we had 63 boats opening Sunday on Muskegon by only targeting the west-side; now with the TBF/ROI pooling their resources and broadening out to the east, west, and michiana demographics there is a good chance we will hit our mark in 2011 with the anglers support.

1javelin

I like everything except the line about only having to fish one tournament to qualify for the Championship. It's only 2 tournaments, it should be mandatory to fish both to qualify. This gives me the option of not fishing 2, cutting down on Championship money as well. Not my trail though, just my opinion.

1jav
Live to fish, Fish to live.

jcox7

Javelin,

It will not cut down on Championship money because every team pays the one time 30.00 championship fee.  If you pay it at Muskegon you do not pay it again, If you do not fish Muskegon but fish St. Clair you will pay it then.  If you change partners for the two tournaments each team is different therefore it would be considered a new team and you would pay it then.  Of the entry fees that 150.00 goes straight back 100% to the payout of the ramp at that event.  We are not keeping any of that money from the entry fees for the championship.  Many series out there claim great payouts but then keep a percentage for their championship and make you pay a membership fee.  We are not doing this every penny in is paid out at the ramp for that tournament!!  There will be a 15.00 late fee for teams that are not paid in full by I believe May 1st.  That money will go to the 2011 TBF State team.  But no one has to pay that as long as they are paid in full by May 1st.

1javelin

Thank you Jeff for the clarification of how that works. I assume this is the early draw money as well? My partner and I will be there at both anyways, but I didn't quite get the idea at first. I look forward to seeing you at one of the shows coming up!

1jav

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: 1javelin on February 09, 2011, 03:50:15 PM
Thank you Jeff for the clarification of how that works. I assume this is the early draw money as well? My partner and I will be there at both anyways, but I didn't quite get the idea at first. I look forward to seeing you at one of the shows coming up!

1jav

Early Draw Money is Championship Money - send or drop off completed early draw entry form with $30.00 by Early Draw Deadlines and you'll be entered into Early Draws.  Let us know if anyone needs clarification with anything else as it is a new format.  As long as the format is clearly understood we'll get to compete against 75-100 boats at both events. 

Looking forward to seeing those who can make it to the GR Show and the Wonderland Open House - until next time.......

1javelin

Are these open waters? Can I leave Muskegon and fish another lake from Lake Michigan, and can I fish any waters I want from St. Clair?  Thanks.

1jav

jcox7

Jav,
     Yes you can fish anywhere that your boat can get you to and back!!  I am glad to hear you are fishing and I hope you bring some of your buddies.  It looks like we will have a really good turnout.  I am trying to get big Dan K to fish one if not both but we will see.  kind of feels like he has retired??  Maybe he can get Brandi to video hin in the tournamnet that could be fun!!

MBell

Luke, ours is in the mail.  Don't know if we'll hit GR but prob see you at wonderland.   
-Matt

Waterfoul

Luke... fishing with Eric Smith... and you know we're in early!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

1javelin

Quote from: Waterfoul on February 11, 2011, 04:11:18 PM
Luke... fishing with Eric Smith... and you know we're in early!
:o Hope you can catch them Waterfoul, word is Eric likes to climb in his livewell for pictures, so might not be much room for fish!!  See you guys there. Tim and I plan on winning some money for a change.

1jav

gr@ssmonkey

do i have to send in my complete entry fees by may 1st,just wondering if i misunderstood what jeff said

ROI Outdoors

Quote from: gr@ssmonkey on February 11, 2011, 10:08:09 PM
do i have to send in my complete entry fees by may 1st,just wondering if i misunderstood what jeff said

Entry fees not due until you show up to the ramp(s).....

jcox7

22 Teams pre registered up to date.  Get your early entry forms in soon the early blast off drawing will be next week.  Should have at least 40 boats by then.

ROI Outdoors

Actually it is at 25 now; picked 1 up last night while dropping off some cranks and had 2 dropped off today.  Registration forms can also be dropped off at Wonderland West Marine & Lake Drive Marine.

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: ROI Outdoors on March 08, 2011, 10:14:16 PM
Actually it is at 25 now; picked 1 up last night while dropping off some cranks and had 2 dropped off today.  Registration forms can also be dropped off at Wonderland West Marine & Lake Drive Marine.

make that 26 just put mine in the mail 8)

looks like GAME ON!!!!!! 8)

Waterfoul

Does that include me and Eric?  You know we're in... and since you owe me money... :-)  LOL!!
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!