email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Totally Random Question  (Read 717 times)

32eml24

Totally Random Question
« on: August 19, 2010, 06:16:14 PM »

Does aquatic vegetation hold heat?  Common knowledge tells us to look at thick cover for bass this time of year.  Why is that?  Also, does anybody know the different types of weeds/grass and what makes them unique?  I just noticed when fishing the Portage Chain in Jackson not that long ago that the grass that was really poofy, for lack of a better word, didn't hold as many fish as the thinner, stringy grass.  I was there for a week so I would call it a pattern.  If it was only one day I would have thought nothing of it... but now my wheels are turning.  Each type of weeds/grass must have its own unique properties.  What kind do you fish under what conditions and why?  As the title reads, this is a random question with no real reason for asking but I'm curious.  Since everyone has the same general information available to them today, little details like this can make a world of difference.

ROI Outdoors

• Excuses are the Enemy of Excellence.........
  • Master Angler
  • #puremichigan
  • View Gallery
    • ROIOUTDOORS
Re: Totally Random Question
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2010, 03:00:00 AM »

Does aquatic vegetation hold heat?  Common knowledge tells us to look at thick cover for bass this time of year.  Why is that?  Also, does anybody know the different types of weeds/grass and what makes them unique?  I just noticed when fishing the Portage Chain in Jackson not that long ago that the grass that was really poofy, for lack of a better word, didn't hold as many fish as the thinner, stringy grass.  I was there for a week so I would call it a pattern.  If it was only one day I would have thought nothing of it... but now my wheels are turning.  Each type of weeds/grass must have its own unique properties.  What kind do you fish under what conditions and why?  As the title reads, this is a random question with no real reason for asking but I'm curious.  Since everyone has the same general information available to them today, little details like this can make a world of difference.

Healthy aquatic veggies are more like air conditioning for the fish; they pumping out oxygen and offer the much needed shade for fish during the warmest days of the year.  They all definitely have their unique properties and I know there is someone on this site that has all the different kinds of vegetation dialed in so hopefully they will help us all out with some insight........
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

Manxfishing

Re: Totally Random Question
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 09:09:23 AM »

Like ROI Posted

As the water heats up there's less oxygen
So it's the oxygen that the weeds are producing (Photosynthesis) that holds the fish this time of the year.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge