Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 12:06:20 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

World Ice Fishing Championship 2010 in Rhinelander Wisconsin

Started by WayneC, March 10, 2010, 06:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WayneC

What I have learned about this event has come through Brian Gaber of www.electronicguideservice.com and it is truly a world class event.  The countries represented include: Estonia, Finland, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Russia, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Sweden, Canada and the USA.  This is home water for the U.S. Ice Team and they are ready for the challenge.  Find out who is on the team and more at the link below:

The latest NAIFC Press Release http://www.naifc.com/media/2010-usa-ice-team-roster-is-set#more-979

WayneC

VinceR

US team member Mike Boedeker (and his brother, Dave) are members of my bass club. They had some interesting, and funny stories from their trip to Poland, last year, and from the US team trials this year. Particularly funny were the stories of the Chinese team that showed up to fish in tennis shoes.

WayneC

That's great stuff VinceR.  I don't know much about competitive ice fishing but your post has got me wanting to know more like...what was the Thinsulate gram rating on those tennis shoes?

WayneC

I wonder how they are getting along...check out this forecast!

NOAA for Rhinelander, WI

Friday: Rain or drizzle likely, mainly before noon. Patchy dense fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 51. East wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Friday night: A 50 percent chance of rain. Areas of fog. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 41. Northeast wind between 6 and 11 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday: A 50 percent chance of rain. Cloudy, with a high near 50. Northeast wind between 11 and 15 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday Night: A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 38. Northeast wind between 8 and 14 mph.

Sunday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 55. Northeast wind between 8 and 11 mph, with gusts as high as 18 mph.

I think they started with a couple feet of ice.  Good thing.

WayneC

USA Ice Team leads after round one

See results at: USA Ice Team website - http://www.usaiceteam.com/

WayneC

USA wins World Ice Fishing Championships in Rhinelander

RHINELANDER – The Americans can chant, "We're No. 1!" when it comes to ice fishing.

This is a great article complete with rotating photos, the results and a video clip.

See the complete article on Newsofthenorth.net: http://www.newsofthenorth.net/article/Top_Stories/Northwoods/USA_wins_World_Ice_Fishing_Championships_in_Rhinelander/36405

Mike Boedecker comes in #1 - See the headline on the USA Ice Team website: http://www.usaiceteam.com/

bgaber

Thanks for the coverage Wayne!  The USA Ice Team appreciates it.  We worked hard, even on home water, to come away with the victory.  We spent many hours each night of the prep week in strategy meetings, and covering all the information gathered for the lake. 

As you and I know from the products you have developed, fishing information is at a premium come competition time.  We had a game plan second to none, and it panned out.  It was a great experience, and we are looking forward to the year as World Champions, and even more so, looking forward to defending that title next year abroad.

Many thanks to GLB and Combat support!

Brian Gaber
President
Outdoor Technologies LLC
www.electronicguideservice.com

Operations Director of the 2010 World Champion USA Ice Team
Brian Gaber
President
Outdoor Technologies LLC

Operations Director 2010 World Champion USA Ice Team