email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ultimate Air Dogs at Outdoorama  (Read 935 times)

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Ultimate Air Dogs at Outdoorama
« on: March 02, 2010, 01:28:02 AM »

I finally got to see some of the Ultimate Air Dogs at this year's Outdoorama. In the past, the most I had to do with them was borrowing their stage for a seminar (big crowds when they think dogs might be involved ;D ) or maybe having to try to be heard of the excitable ones who were 'in training' by their owners...

I took a short break Sunday and watched the finals of the novice level. A pretty German short hair won with two jumps totaling almost 45 feet! Not bad.

I work with someone who is involved pretty heavily in the competition. She was in the not novice category - whatever that is called - so I didn't get to see her golden lab Dusty do her thing. I've always been partial to labs and they had some beautiful animals at the event including Chopper, a very well trained chocolate.

Dusty did stop by the booth on Saturday to visit for a while. Oh, she also brought my co-worker, Linda, with her.

Here's Linda and Dusty on the dock, I'm guessing, doing some pre-competition visualizing. (More likely, if Dusty is anything like her owner... she was probably thinking... you want the toy, you go jump for it ;D)

Dusty had an off day and missed the finals by a few feet. I think she jumped a 17 something and a 16 something. Linda says a boxer or bull dog jumped an amazing 25 feet during the not novice rounds!

The Ultimate Air Dogs is hosted by retired Detroit Tiger pitcher Milt Wilcox.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:31:03 AM by djkimmel »

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge