email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Boat alarm question.  (Read 1734 times)

peters_skeeter

Boat alarm question.
« on: February 28, 2010, 06:57:26 PM »

Just bought a new skeeter and was thinking of installing an alarm on it b4 i take my first trip to Kentucky Lake. I have read an article in Bassmasters about one that mounts to your boat and is like a car alarm. When it trips, a remote also triggered that vibrates and beeps let you know something trip it.
Have any of you installed this equipment on your rig? Was it a good investment? Let me know all about it.
 ???
A pessimist curses the wind...
A optimist waits for the wind to change...
But a realist adjust his sails...

Bender

Re: Boat alarm question.
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2010, 08:01:37 PM »

I bought a cheap car alarm a while ago and it didn't hold up to the beating that the boat gave it. I've heard other car systems are better though and have held up for people. There are some made just for boats out there too. Also I thought alarms were options on some Skeeters, you might check to see if a factory alarm is available.
And the remote letting you know when the alarm has been set off is 2 way, or paging.

LGMOUTH

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2010, 08:14:42 PM »

I have a skeeter I Class that has the built in alarm. I dont know if it is an option on the other skeeters but I would definitley recommend getting a alarm. It sure calms the nerves alot when at a motel or out of town. Makes you feel alot better knowing that your equipment is protected.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

TCook

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2010, 08:27:01 PM »

I think some guys use baby monitor's when out of town.
FISH HARD!!!

abu507

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 01:11:19 PM »

Check BCB Bass Cat Boats home page they have a great system and are great to deal with
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge