Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

April 23, 2024, 09:32:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Help some Kids!

Started by Duke, February 14, 2010, 07:50:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke

I am looking for some gracious donators for a good cause. I run an annual kids tournament and want to put together a tackle pack for the kids.

The event is quite awesome. I teach an actual Bass Fishing class at my school, Urey Middle School, and conclude the class with a tournament where I gather tournament anglers from the area to take one of the students out for the morning. This partners a student up in a one on one situation with a tournament angler. The tournament this year will be May 16.

For most, its the first time in a boat, let alone a bass boat, and the looks on their faces when they take off at 60 mph is priceless.  :o

My objective is to hand out a tackle pack before the event so the boaters can teach/show the kids specifically how to use their tackle. For many of the kids, its the only tackle they own.

Last year Nemesis Baits, Xtreme Bass Tackle, and Justin Keithley from this site donated and helped make it a memorable day for the kids. Phil Strakowski and Bob Allen from this site was one of the boaters! You can check out the results from the past two years at: http://www.randbbasscircuit.com/kids_fishing.html

If you're like me, you got a lot of tackle laying around you'll never use. I went through my inventory this winter and have put together over 70 bags of soft plastics and some crankbaits as well for the kids. If you have extra soft plastics, but not in bags, throw it all together, I'll take the time to separate and package.

If you want to help out, give me a PM and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Thank you for your time!
Duke

McCarter

I am in for donations again this year.  Would like to come down and help but will be out of town on our annual northern michigan spring smallie trip.  shoot me a pm and give me the details.

McCarter himself :-\'

1javelin

Don't know if I can make it or not.  I assume the boat will be running by then, but we'll see.  I did just go through my tackle and get rid of everything I haven't used in a few years, so I'll get that to you.  Let me know how in a pm or something.  I think I talked to you last year, but I backed out due to time and boat problems.

Herman
Live to fish, Fish to live.

River Rat

Duke,

Myself and Tightlines are interested in helping you out with this event.  If you can send me more info on how many students you expect to participate and some more "local" information about the town and lake, I'll do whatever I can to help.  You can PM me or email me: scott @ downriverbassfishing.com.  I cannot say that I'll be able to make the trip over that day since the wknd is looking full but don't rule me out either! ;)

Thx,
Scott
Dearborn, MI and Lake Wales, FL

Frank

im in as a boater, but you need to remind me as it gets closer.  I don't like to just donate tackle that i don't use though.  I will give whoever I fish with some tackle, I would rather give them the stuff that they actually got to catch fish with so that they have a confidance lure in there box, besides my top lures are the ones i have 20 or 30 of so i can give away a few.

mikesmiph

I have the address and will be putting together a package if anyone wants to add to it. I will be at Hooters on Sunday, and at Rock Financial on Friday and Sunday next week.

Duke

Wow! The willingness to help says an awful lot about the character on this site; Dan must be proud!

I have been asked about monetary donations and, its weird saying this, I do not need money to put this on! I'd rather have tackle donations to be handed out to the kids. If you sent me money, I wouldn't know what to do with it!

As far as boaters go, I think I already have enough volunteers (Chip Harrison and Greg Mangus are even going to make it out this year!) But I humbly acknowlege, that this includes the 5 guys who have commited, but "still need to verify their calendars." So for now, I don't want anyone to commit their weekend to this cause. But I know where to go if someone falls through!!  ;D

Again, I thank everyone's willingness to help. This is going to be a great day for these kids and its not because of me, its because of people like yourselves, reaching out to kids you don't even know!
Duke

djkimmel

I know there's a great bunch of men, women and youngsters on this site and I feel very lucky and fortunate every day!

I hope you save a few pictures for us when you're done. I'd like to see some more info under the kids fishing section below about the various things everyone does for our young folks. That would be really cool.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

TritonTR20

Duke

Duke

TritonTR20

I contacted Dicks Sporting Goods and they were willing to help but it was too short of a notice. I should have started earlier. I helps working there in the Lodge. They will probably help out next year. We just got a new guy that does the sponsorships and he is a great guy! Like last year, I bought a rod and reel combo to let my partner use and keep at the end of the tournement. I have also talked to Crooked Creek about helping out again.

Duke

Awesome Bob! Its pretty cool you do that for the student. I called Virgil Wilson over a month ago and he has not returned my calls.
Duke