Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 02:53:32 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

BBT PAYBACK

Started by JohnBoy, January 28, 2010, 08:04:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monkey-Man

How many boats do you guys draw for your tournaments? are you guys fishing the west-side like BBT does? How much are your enrty Fees?

SethV

Quote from: champion_206 on February 04, 2010, 09:35:28 AM
This is why I run Belleville Lake Bass Club tourneys at 100 % payback, no BS when it comes to money, me and the other 2 guys who run it, we all pay entry fees, all the guys know where the money goes and how much is payed out

Hey Doug - when I lived in NY I ran a Tuesday night trail - that is exacly how we ran it.  100% payback, I paid an entry just like everyone else.  I bought the digital equalizer scale and all the stuff to run it.  It was fun, I never would have dreamed of trying to take a kickback from the guys.  I made my money by bringing big fish to the scale (well, some of the time).  For these little trails (less than 40 or 50 boats) I have a problem with a director trying to profit off of the tournament or fish for free.

TCook

Quote from: TCook on February 03, 2010, 02:02:02 PM
I was looking over BBTs paybacks on the 3 opens they run, can someone explain to me why all three pay backs were largely different? I am confused why it wouldn't be the same percent for all of them.

From BBT entry form for opens:
"100'S are not Classic Qualifiers no membership required 90% payback plus trophies
ENTRY $100.00 TEAM OR SINGLE, Big Bass $10.00 per team optional"

Actual numbers for opens:
Memorial 100: 6300/7400=85%
BBT 100: 3150/4300=73%
Firecracker: 2250/2900=78%

I still cant figure out why these numbers differ so much? If 5 boats are fishing for free the percentage is still well below the 90%. Why would the BBT 100 be a lower payout than the firecracker which had less boats in this case? If the same amount of boats were fishing for free in each event it seems like the percentage would be lower with less boats. The only other variable I can figure is the amount of prizes given out at each event is different and BBT is counting those prizes as part of the cash payout and keeping the cash. Is this the reason or can someone clear this up for me?
FISH HARD!!!

thedude

Tim - they probably take a fixed fee off the top every time to cover "costs". They also might purchase things like trolling motors, hats whatever - I would guess that would account for the varying percentages. No one can really answer it but russ
West Michigan Bass www.westmichiganbass.com
Palehorse Custom Rods

Cy

I think you're right Tim and Justin it has got to be the cash equivalent of the prizes.  They must be factored in to the overall payout.  That is all I can think of anyway.

Cy
Cyrus Ruel

West Michigan Bass
www.westmichiganbass.com

Xtreme Bass Tackle
www.xtremebasstackle.com

OST
www.ostusa.com

Westside Garage
www.westsidegarage.net

LGMOUTH

There is no reason to come to poorly conceived notions. Why dont you just call up Russ and ask him. Obviously no one on here will know the answer. Her is his number 616-875-7939. Im sure he can shed a little light on this subject. It could be as simple as a misprint, who knows. Oh wait Russ would. ;D ;D

When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

TCook

I don't think it was a poorly conceived notion but I think I will refrain from beating this dead horse any further.
FISH HARD!!!

LGMOUTH

Quote from: TCook on February 04, 2010, 08:14:56 PM
I don't think it was a poorly conceived notion but I think I will refrain from beating this dead horse any further.

Ok maybe I should have said any PRE conceived notions.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

bigjc

Quote from: Performance Tuned on January 31, 2010, 10:15:30 PM
Your going to be banking off of that stupid membership fee that you are charging for that huron valley crap circuit your running. Don't think that you can fool us with your gibberish.

Yeah, nobody gets anything past you PT.....don't you have anything better to do???  What is your beef with Eric?  From everything I have heard the 2009 Huron Valley Series was a huge success.

Let me guess, you are still sore over some sight fishing event that Bond smoked you at???

bigjc

[/quote] This is why I run Belleville Lake Bass Club tourneys at 100 % payback, no BS when it comes to money, me and the other 2 guys who run it, we all pay entry fees, all the guys know where the money goes and how much is payed out, if you need to make money off fisherman, try getting a JOB, I do this because i enjoy it and watching other fisherman come to the scales with huge smiles and nice limits, our classic is no entry fee and we have a banquet after the tourneys are over, we had close to 5800.00 last yr to pay out in our classic, so if you want to fish our tourneys, I will be posting when they start and our schedule soon  thanks  Doug Arter  BLBC
[/quote]

Thanks Doug...you guys run a great event and there is no better deal than 100%+ payback

These guys run tourney's cause they love bass fishing, if you are anywhere in SE Michigan, BLBC on Belleville Lake is the place to be on Tues. nights.

Lightningboy

First, I've been fishing Tuesdays at Belleville for many seasons now.  Seen the ownership change several times, sometime for worse, sometimes for better.  Doug, Mark, Butch, and all the others have done a superior job since taking the helm.  Belleville is unique in several ways.  Great bunch of compadres, I look forward to seeing old faces each spring.  Tough sticks too.  Plus Belleville presents multiple fishing options each season; as Big JC once put it, you can almost play to your strengths on that lake.

We can hem & haw all day about how much anyone charges, but I have a basic and I believe fair personal rule about tournament paybacks;  I have no problem with the TD making 15% of the take for the work they do.  Money can be saved off the top of the paybacks for an end of season classic, and you can label the entry fees as such or call them membership fees, it doesn't really matter in the long run. As long as the TD doesn't make more than the 15% they earned by running the show, I'm satisfied.

Hey Doug/Mark/Butch/anyone else who cares: Mike & I are headed to Guntersville the week after Easter for the FOM National Championship.  Any info from anyone whos been there would be greatly appreciated.

champion_206

I don't understand why people bit** about entry fee, how much the TD keeps, the payouts, If You don't like how they run there tourneys DON"T FISH, don't belittle someone whos taking there time, away from family, or things they NEED to do ( cut grass) etc. to run a tourney circut, there not getting rich from doing this, I Fish alot of tourneys on erie and some out there are not the best payouts, but I fish cause I love to fish, worry about yourself and stop whining. If all I had to do was whine about who makes what and who does what I would STOP fishing. Hope to see alot of you in May on Belleville, and at Anglers Marine tourneys on Erie, Doug Arter
(Certified Evinrude Mechanic) Anglers Marine, Evinrude, Champion Boats,Crooked Creek Pro Staff