email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yikes - Fishermen and Hunters MUST READ! Thanks Obama  (Read 4320 times)

ROI Outdoors

• Excuses are the Enemy of Excellence.........
  • Master Angler
  • #puremichigan
  • View Gallery
    • ROIOUTDOORS
Re: Yikes - Fishermen and Hunters MUST READ! Thanks Obama
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 10:52:28 PM »

THE SKY IS FALLING! THE SKY IS FALLING!

Please.  Does anyone honestly think that Obama personnaly wants to end recreational fishing on the Great Lakes?  An article on BassFan makes it pretty clear that the inclusion of recreational fishing with commercial fishing was an ignorant oversight by the idiots in this task force - not a direct order from Obama.  The article also explains that U.S. waters have been getting closed to fishing long before Obama came into office.  The Bush (!) administration signed off to close recreational fishing on 120,000 square miles of water adjacent to the Hawaain Islands.  This is a scarry thing to be sure.  But it's nothing to be attacking Obama for.

If he had the chance I think he would end recreational fishing on the Great Lakes; this administration would ban hunting and guns in a heartbeat so its not a stretch of the imagination by any means. If he had it his way the governament would control everything and ban all recreational fishing - we'll probably be in the European Union soon with the way things are going; that said the one thing I agree with you on is that the Sky is Falling. 

Chicago the last time I checked was part of the Great Lakes; this is the scariest part of the whole deal because I'm sure there is some enviromental special interest group with whom political favors are owed.  Closing of waters adjacent to the Hawaiian Islands doesn't really quite affect us as much as closing off the Great Lakes - unless you have property adjacent to the Hawaiian Islands I don't even know how that is comparable.   

I think the best plan of action is sending emails and letters down to Crawford, Texas not to George W.'s ranch but to Ted Nugent's.  The only person who will ever stop the decline of our economy her in Michigan and ever actually understand the economic impact of hunting and fishing is the Whackmaster - he has done over 6,000 concerts in Detroit which would definitely get a few Motor City Dems to get Cat Scratch Fever and vote Republican or Independent for a change.  That all said it would be hard for Federal Government to impose these restrictions on Michigan waters without some State support; but if we hold true to our political roots here we could see this become a reality in the near future. 

Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2009, 12:00:55 AM »

This administration has no plans to ban hunting or fishing as sports. There are special interest groups (a polite way to say wacko) however who would love to stop both so in any year or any administration, outdoors persons need to make themselves heard. Hopefully without unnecessary rhetoric that will ensure we aren't listened to as much as we would be if we stick to what we want, which is to protect our sport.

It is fact that Bush signed off on orders that closed off huge areas to commercial AND recreational fishing despite recommendations that recreational fishing could be considered separately. Obama has done no such thing at this point. Our job is to keep it that way by making sure our opinion is known - recreational fishing can still occur in most cases when managed properly to meet the needs of the fish stocks.

We must always be educated and knowledgeable about issues that affect us whether we have 90 days to respond or two years. I try to bring up important things to visitors of this site as best I can in a factual and specific manner.

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

BHarris989

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2009, 10:34:46 PM »

What ever happened to " land of the free?"

jmorri23

« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2009, 07:36:41 PM »

i cant beleive the whitehouse wastes time on crap like this with all the problems we should be dealing with.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge