Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 28, 2024, 07:52:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

LAKEDRIVE MARINE tournaments

Started by gr@ssmonkey, November 24, 2009, 11:37:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gr@ssmonkey

is anyone on this forum thinking about fishing these in 2010 ??? just wondering if anyone is glad to see a tournament like this expanding.....when the first check is issued to the northern anglers at hardy,pandora's box will be opened and all will be revealed of what other tournaments could be doing for there anglers :-X
i hope tournament anglers take note of what jeff at lakedrive marine is gonna do for the fisherman and come out and support him :)

fish hound

I'll be there.  Are you fishing it with LJ?  I'm hoping to bring my brother out of retirement, but we'll see.  Really looking forward to some good paydays.  I think this may be the first thing that really affects Russ' numbers.  I may fish some of his, but maybe not all of them, don't know, got all winter to think about it.     

Matt

LGMOUTH

Ive been telling you guys this for years. Lake Drive is the top money tournament in Michigan. Ive fished every year of the lake drive and they are a first class operation. I would recommend them to anyone.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

Ranger5Smallie

planning on it!  Love the northern schedule so we will be throwing out $$ in the pot.

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: LGMOUTH on November 24, 2009, 07:29:10 PM
Ive been telling you guys this for years. Lake Drive is the top money tournament in Michigan. Ive fished every year of the lake drive and they are a first class operation. I would recommend them to anyone.
yea but u never saved us a spot ;D
are u going to fish both, lgmouth,or stay in the south
what do they usually pay

gr@ssmonkey

Quote from: fish hound on November 24, 2009, 06:23:29 PM
I'll be there.  Are you fishing it with LJ?  I'm hoping to bring my brother out of retirement, but we'll see.  Really looking forward to some good paydays.  I think this may be the first thing that really affects Russ' numbers.  I may fish some of his, but maybe not all of them, don't know, got all winter to think about it.     

Matt
i think i'm fishing these with ted garneau not sure if LJ will have his world together by next year(might be looking for a partner for ROI?)

gr@ssmonkey

lgmouth are you going to fish the detroit BASS open or any of the opens,i'm tring to get funds together to fish the detroit open ::) and would choose to fish back in chesapeak bay if i wouldn't be saving money fishing close by at the detroit(the bay was aewsome i would recommend a fishing trip to anyone there) 8)

Waterfoul

Fishing them with Luke.  Looking forward to taking money from all of you. LOL!!   :D  This should be a very competitive series...

One note to make... get there early at the Hardy event... no way the parking lot holds 75 rigs plus non-boater vehicles.  Late comers will be parking half a mile away in the field near the entrance.  In fact.. if it's ok with the directors I will be using a different ramp to avoid this issue.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

TCook

I am going to try and fish Lake Drive this year, its an easy decision when comparing to the other trails in the area. I like the Northern schedule more but the Hardy and Muskegon tournaments are the day after a BFL which I plan on fishing too so I am going to have to shoot for the Southern. My question is since they split to two divisions will this make room to get into the Southern division? I know in the past there was a wait list to get in so will this be the case this year as well?
FISH HARD!!!

Waterfoul

Just talked to Jeff.  You may use a different ramp if you wish.  
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

Waterfoul

gr@ssmonkey

tcook, your ? is yet to be revealed,but i think the possibility is there more than ever....LGmouth would probably know better than anyone he already fish's the southern trail but lives in the north.....

ROI Outdoors

In the words of my boy from the WFN original series Gillznfinz "It's on like Donkey Kong Mother Fishes". 

In my opinion the Northern will open a few spots for the Southern but either way both will fill fast. 

TCook I'd get a hold of Jeff Uetrecht @ 517-238-4651 and I'm sure he will let you know what the best plan of action would be.  You can't really beat a tournament circuit with the best payouts in the state run by one of the most service orientated customer friendly businesses in the state!

Grassgorilla - stop thinking about Cheasapeke Bay and go fill out your FLW membership so we can get this show on the road...................
Luke A. Winstrom - Founder/President
Return On Investment Outdoors
luke.winstrom@roioutdoors.com
Direct Line - (616) 366-1395
Visit us Online @ www.roioutdoors.com

LGMOUTH

To tell you the truth I dont think this will open up very many if any spots in the southern. Not to many of the guys that fish it live up this way. Im shooting for both but it looks like Im going to have to wait until after the southern openhouse to see if I can get in to the Northern. Either way it looks like this is going to turn out great for everyone that fishes it.
When you are in any contest you should work as if there whereto the very last minute a chance to loose it.

oldjigger

Are the Lake drive tournaments team or draw.  I read about the Hardy one talking about boater nonboater vehicles and parking so I just had to ask.  Are Lake drive team tournament format or draw????

thanks

Waterfoul

They are team tournaments.

jgip087

TCook, I doubt this will open up southern spots because as the rules read if you give up your spot in the southern tour you and things do not go as planned or sponsors don't back the northern in 2011 then it will be discontinued and you don't get your spot in the southerns back, the waiting list to fish was rather long. You can enter a random draw to fish both if one or the other does not fill. Hands down the BEST tournaments in Michigan! I hope you guys come out and fill the field, just leave enough spots in the northern for lgmouth and I to get a random draw in both.
www.sure-life.com - please help ensure the
survival of your catch
www.poorboysbaits.com

Flyin200

I agree with LGmouth After seeing what money they brought to the table last year for southern guys, Lake Drive  Marine is creating an opportunity for More Fisherman to contribute to a tourney that will actually have a pay back that would be more than gas money and gift certificate to a bait  shop 50 miles away. $173.00 entry per tourney +75 Boats x 1 Payback per 5 Boats =No Brainier .
I will be there!
Erik Leek

mibassfisherman

Registration is still at Al and Bob's on the 23rd right?

LGMOUTH

Yes it is still on the 23rd at Al and Bobs. Hope to see you there.