email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: West Michigan Bass opening day tourney... open to all  (Read 2067 times)

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
West Michigan Bass opening day tourney... open to all
« on: May 14, 2009, 08:05:42 PM »

Well, I haven't heard from many of you but I'm still willing to run an event on Saturday the 23rd.  At this time I have 3 boats confirmed.

The event is going to be held on Wabasis Lake in Kent County.  Blast off (no wake blast off by the way) at 6:30 a.m.  Weigh in at 12:30 pm.  $40 per boat includes big bass.

West Michigan Bass rules apply.  They can be found here:

http://www.westmichiganbass.com/Home.mvc.aspx

I'll give this till Wed. the 20th for people to let me know.   I'd say we need at least 6 boats to make the trip worth every ones time.

A word on Wabasis:  many people seem to think it's not a great bass lake.  While it doesn't yield a lot of 4 pounders it actually is a very good bass lake early in the season.  I would expect it to take 11-13 lbs to win on that lake this time of year.  I wouldn't rule out a 14-15 pound sack either.

You can post up here or shoot me an email at waterfoul24@netzero.com

Mike

« Last Edit: May 14, 2009, 08:09:26 PM by Waterfoul »
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!

gr@ssmonkey

Re: West Michigan Bass opening day tourney... open to all
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2009, 11:19:03 PM »

waterfoul don't want to tell u when to have your tourney but monday memorial day the 25 would be aewsome i live right down the road from waby but i'm busy fishing r o i opening day,lots of people probably have better tourney to go to on opening day but i'd love to wind the weekend down with a little waby tourney just a thought!!!!!!waby will fish good on opener thats for sure12-13 to win

Waterfoul

• 7.89 New Personal Best!
  • GLBass.com Sponsor
  • Legend
  • Is it tournement season yet???
  • View Gallery
Re: West Michigan Bass opening day tourney... open to all
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 01:54:01 AM »

waterfoul don't want to tell u when to have your tourney but monday memorial day the 25 would be aewsome i live right down the road from waby but i'm busy fishing r o i opening day,lots of people probably have better tourney to go to on opening day but i'd love to wind the weekend down with a little waby tourney just a thought!!!!!!waby will fish good on opener thats for sure12-13 to win

Well, I have to work all day Monday.  I have Saturday morning/afternoon off.  Someone's gotta mind the store on the Holiday.  Like I said... if I get enough boats I'll be there to run things.  If not... then I'll just go fish somewhere.  I have 5 boats committed so far.
Addicted to fishing.  All the time, any species, anywhere!!  Especially in West Michigan!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge