email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BASS Marshals  (Read 1309 times)

motocross269

BASS Marshals
« on: November 06, 2008, 03:22:39 PM »

I see BASS is going to use Marshal/observers in place of Co-Anglers next year..The cost will be 100 dollars...Do you think they will have trouble getting 100+ observers in Escanaba to pay 100 dollars to watch a pro fish???
I don't think I would be interested in paying 100 dollars to ride around in a boat all day and watch a pro fish when I can pay to compete on the FLW tour, Sten or BASS Opens..
JMHO

McCarter

Re: BASS Marshals
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2008, 03:26:01 PM »

Where do i sign up.  Nothing better than paying someone to do them a favor.

McCarter himself :-\'

Durand Dan

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2008, 03:38:19 PM »

Hey, I've paid up to $500.00 to ride around with a Pro. I got about as much chance to fish as I would being an observer.

dartag

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Lola says " lets go fishing "
  • View Gallery
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2008, 05:24:46 PM »

i paid 800 in an event called the FLW Detroit.  had a great first day and almost drowned the second day.  i learned you can fill a Ranger boat with water 6 times and it will still float in 6 foot waves.  never ride with someone from Alabama in big water.  he had never seen anything like it.

no more co-anglering / observing for me.  i think that is a word.

should be an interesting event up there if it is windy.

dashaver63

« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2008, 07:00:44 PM »

Back before the Elite Series, BASS had another series that guy's would pay a fee to be an observer. At the end of the event, there was a drawing for a new Triton. A guy frrom Ohio won one that I fished with in an OBF event. The way that worked was they would draw for boats and observers, but I think those were only 50 boat fields then.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge