Site Links

Shoutbox

Say Hi or something!

djkimmel

2024-02-26, 11:25:32
Ultimate Sports Show GR coming - March 7-10, 2024 at DeVos Place!

djkimmel

2024-01-16, 16:14:35
Lithium battery for sale. Someone probably wants it.

djkimmel

2024-01-11, 08:23:30
See you at the Ultimate Fishing Show Thursday thru Sunday!

djkimmel

2023-12-30, 12:05:12
Who's dropping by the new forum these days?

Advertisement

Welcome to Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum. Please login or sign up.

March 19, 2024, 01:15:40 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Recent Topics

Latest Articles

Mon, 26 Feb 2024 19:28:28 +0000
The 79th Annual Ultimate Sport Show - Grand Rapids is March 7 - March 10, 2024 at DeVos Place. Over 4 acres of fishing and hunting gear, outdoor travel, fishing boats and seminars!
Tue, 16 Jan 2024 00:43:52 +0000
Michigan's original sportsmen's show - Outdoorama 2024 up next! February 22 - 25 at Suburban Collection Showplace.
Sat, 23 Dec 2023 15:37:04 +0000
Kevin VanDam headlines a Star-Studded lineup of Seminar Speakers when the largest freshwater fishing show in the country, the Ultimate Fishing Show–Detroit, drops anchor January 11-14, 2024
Tue, 28 Nov 2023 15:46:34 +0000
This is resource page for aquatic invasive plants (weeds) including information on identifying them, and how you can help if you choose to. In Michigan, Starry Stonewort is becoming a real issue with over 120 lakes at least infested with it.
Fri, 03 Mar 2023 15:33:21 +0000
The Ultimate Sport Show – Grand Rapids returns to DeVos Place, March 9-12, offering the latest fishing, hunting and camping gear, as well as seminars

Advertisement

Case Drop Shot Worm

Started by fishon1219, August 19, 2008, 12:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fishon1219

I recently fished a tournament on St. Clair with my dad as my partner. He always wants to try something different than I do just to show me that his old school ways are better than what us youngin's are throwing today. I was letting the wind push us around and I was throwing a fast moving bait and he was rumaging around his tackle box and pulled out a bag of Case Drop shot worms in Flints candy color and put a whippin on me.

He was nose hooking it on his drop shot and caught at least 25 smallies to every one that I would catch. On this day he didn't land any giant's (I caught all of them on the fast moving baits) but he did have a ball rubbing it into my face how he was catching more fish than I was. I have to say that the smile these baits put on the old mans face was worth every penny we spent for this tournament and for those baits. He did loose a fish in the 5lb range because of his old school ways of holding his 5' 6" spinning rod as high in the air as possible to watch the fish jump.

All in all this worm is an excellent drop shot worm for clear water lakes and now that dad has schooled me I cant wait to get to the St. Clair river and give them a real good test.
Nemesis Baits Pro-Staff
www.nemesisbaits.com

djkimmel

What other colors would you recommend for out there? (Or other local lakes maybe?)

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Savage

Quote from: fishon1219 on August 19, 2008, 12:44:44 PMOn this day he didn't land any giant's (I caught all of them on the fast moving baits) 

Dang man, I've had just the opposite happen to me.  I took 4th at the Michigan B.A.S.S. State Tournament last August (2008) on Lake Charlevoix throwing only one bait, the Case drop shot worm.  And I ended up cashing a big-fish check on Day 2 with a 5.13 toad I caught in 32 F.O.W.

The Case dropshot worms are the real deal for numbers AND toads when it comes to smallies.  I have about 10 bags left, and I used up my favoite color at Charlevoix.  That color was.....(CENSORED) ;D

Maybe it will work on the toads up in Bay de Noc at the Northern Divisional!

Keep using those Case worms, they are a good deal at 15 per bag and work like nothing else on smallies.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

I'll have to get me some of that color!!! What did you call it...? (CENSORED) ?!? ;D

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

Savage

I fished a darker color most of the day, then when it got cloudy I put on a white one on a hunch and immediately caught a 4 pounder in 32 fet of water.  It stood out quite a bit more in that depth with the sun behind the clouds.  I always throw white in the morning before the sun hits the water, so it seemed like the right thing to do.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

huston

Check out Charlie Brewers line of slider worms also. More of a variety and same design.

djkimmel

'Charlie Brewer' doesn't sponsor this web site. Case does. They make a very good product, so when I have a choice, I will choose the brand that makes this web site possible over another.

fiker

Likewise.

I also let the vendor know that part of the reason I'm purchasing their product is because they are a sponsor of GLB.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Member of  Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

dartag

anyone ever use there    Salty Paddle Stiks   
   they look like a Gulp Fry but cheaper and more of them.   looks like i will be ordering some of each. 

djkimmel

Quote from: fiker on February 23, 2009, 04:16:18 PM
Likewise.

I also let the vendor know that part of the reason I'm purchasing their product is because they are a sponsor of GLB.

Thanks Rick. Times are challenging for everyone so I really appreciate your effort.

djkimmel

Quote from: dartag on February 23, 2009, 05:07:27 PM
anyone ever use there    Salty Paddle Stiks   
   they look like a Gulp Fry but cheaper and more of them.   looks like i will be ordering some of each. 

Nice finesse bait with some darker water applications due to the tail. I don't think you need the extra expense and hassle of some baits a lot of the time. I realize once in a while, maybe a Gulp! or even a super soft brand stick bait, might make a difference, but I'm not sure if the extra expense and time in replacing them more often doesn't counter those times? I use some of them, but most of the time, I use tougher baits I don't have to spend so much time on... so I can keep in the water more. Day in and day out, I think that will catch you more bass. I keep a variety of baits in the boat still for those times when I'm scratching my head.

Savage

Yeah guys, the worms I'm talking about below are the paddle sticks, not any of the other worms.  I use those exclusively for drop shotting.  They seem pretty small for the application, but I think that's why they work so well.
Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

djkimmel

That's good to know... because you don't give up your secrets often ;D

dartag

just ordered my Salty Paddle Sticks.  they look like another bait i like.  Hope i get my Kevin Barrows discount. 

djkimmel

Is that similar to the 'good guy' discount? I ask for that one sometimes.

dartag

not sure i think the price went up when i mentioned KB's name. 

djkimmel

Aw... that's just not right. Maybe I'll have to talk to Tom and Jim about that! I'd give you a good price no matter who's name you mentioned! ;D

dartag

got my order today.  2 day service.   not sure if i like the paddle stick or drop shot worm more. got a bag soaking in gulp juice.   looking forward to testing both on the 25th.  they even enclosed some drop shot tubes and some little helgramites.  not sure if the helgramites will work but the one i put on my son's bed should get a good reaction.

karol

put one behind the toilet and see what kind of reaction you get from mamma-lol

bigjc

The "Jack's Worm" by case plastics also makes a nice drop shot bait when they want it subtle.  I also use them alot as a jig worm (shakey head for you youngsters).