email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ike's apology  (Read 1399 times)

canvsbk

Ike's apology
« on: March 01, 2006, 07:24:28 PM »

Just read Ike's apology on BASS web page. He at least sounded sincere, I guess for now I'll give him a little slack.
Look past what they want you to see.

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
Re: Ike's apology
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2006, 09:51:45 PM »

No doubt, we've all done things we regret later

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of Michigan BASS Nation or TBF of Michigan.

Savage

• Recovering Fish-aholic
  • Master Angler
  • Champions are made in the off season
  • View Gallery
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2006, 05:19:50 AM »

Hey, let's all giive Ike a break here.  Not like he did anything other pros haven't done, he just had a camera in his face as he realized that his carelessness had cost him a shot at a cool half million bucks.  Ike is a great guy, awesome with kids, and will talk to anyone.  He'll take the time to really TALK to you.  Try getting that from some of the other guys.  Many will talk for a sec, or when they're in the mood, but Ike is always ready.

Ike is the MAN! ;D

Sponsors:
GreatLakesBass.com
Case Soft Plastics
Oxygenator Livewell Systems
O-Wacky Tools
Stong Outdoors
Toyota Trucks

McCarter

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2006, 07:59:21 AM »

You cant blame the guy anyway.  He was told to 'act' the way he does by ESPN because it was good TV.  He is only doing his job, and in return he has become one, if not the, best know fisherman out there. 

I have never met him, but i emailed him last year and he got back to me in 2 days.  I have emailed some other pros with questions and never got a response. 

PoorBoy himself :-\'

blakstr1

• TEAM BASS
  • GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • Blake's Excellent Adventures!
  • View Gallery
    • Team BASS
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 08:28:40 AM »

I enjoyed meeting Jay Yelas at the Classic, but based on the amount of attention he gets from everybody, Ike fights through it all and is one of the most personable guys on the tour, hand down.  through everything that happened on Toho, i actually gained respect for him, never pictured that..
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge