email
 Home  |  GL Blog  |  Forum  |  News  |  Tournament News  |  Conservation  |  Videos  |  Join  |  Youth  |  Site Map  |  Search  |  Contact Us  |  About Us  |  Advertise  |  Online Shopping  |  Donate to this site reluctant

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum  - extensive bass fishing home page specializing in Great Lakes, Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, Iowa, Pennsylvania, New York and Ontario bass fishing techniques, news, issues, conservation, bass fishing reports, bass biology, tournament strategy, bass fishing lure and fishing tackle, bass fishing forum and fishing message board, logistics, weather and safety, and product information.

Great Lakes Bass Fishing Forum

Your Great Lakes and Michigan Online
               Bass Fishing and Tournament Community.

Advanced search  
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Michigan Game  (Read 1933 times)

LAPORTE

Michigan Game
« on: September 11, 2011, 07:26:24 AM »

All I can say is WOW !!!! What a game to make my first in the big house. My son and I had a blast..... I kept hearing the victors in my head as I was falling asleep this morning @ 1:45 am

Now its time for the chicken Broil at our Fire Dept. I hope the rain holds off. If you close to Sumpter Township drop by for 8 bucks you get 1/2 chicken roll and corn. 

GO BLUE !!!!
2008 Skeeter 20I " Thanks Robin"

fiker

• GLBass Friends
  • Legend
  • PB small mouth
  • View Gallery
Re: Michigan Game
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2011, 11:41:13 AM »

I too was at the game.  What a game.  I can't believe they actually won it the way they played for almost 3 quarters. 

Now Don we're part of history.  First game under the lights at the Big House.  Held on 9/10/11 between two of the oldest teams in college football, with two of the all time winingest records.  A new NCAA attendance record of over 114,000 and a new record for the most consecutive sellouts.

When the game was over, it was weird how the fans didn't leave the stadium.  We just stood there sang songs and cheered.  It was fantastic.

So much water.  So many lures.  So little time.

Rick Fike
Vice president & Program Director Downriver Bass Association

www.buildwithmomentum.com 734.649.9390

UAWBigDog

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 12:03:40 PM »

I was there myself.  As a Michigan Alumnus, I gotta say that was the best game I have ever seen at the Big House.  And I have seen many.    GO BLUE!!!

BD                            ;D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2011, 11:45:28 AM by UAWBigDog »
If You Can't Fish With The Big Dogs.........Stay On The Dock!!!!!!

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 12:47:24 AM »

Part of me sure wishes I was there but I had an eventful, fun day including a road trip to the Riley Memorial day one weigh in on Martiny, and got to hear or watch most of the game.

Especially the most important part!! The last 1 and a half! I even saw Denard run right by cameraguy during the post-game celebration. I hope to be standing at the end of the Michigan end zone for a number of games this year (if I'm a good boy he says)!

This one would have been cool but with Michigan Wolverine Football being the only sports team I have really consistently followed for almost 40 years, they are all special to me!! GO BLUE!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

cameraguy

• GLBass Friends
  • Master Angler
  • View Gallery
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 05:38:44 PM »

Alumnus. Alumni is plural.

UAWBigDog

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2011, 11:48:50 AM »

Alumnus. Alumni is plural.

You are correct sir and I stand corrected.

BD.                                 ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com

djkimmel

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Welcome to GreatLakesBass.com - Board Admin
  • View Gallery
    • GreatLakesBass.com
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 07:50:56 PM »

There could be two of him? You never know?!?

Go Blue!!

Help stop invasive spcies. Don't move fish between unconnected bodies of water. Clean, drain and dry your boat before launching on another water body.
Unless clearly stated as such, opinions expressed by Dan Kimmel on this forum are not the opinions or policies of The Bass Federation of Michigan.

UAWBigDog

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 08:06:02 PM »

There could be two of him? You never know?!?

Go Blue!!

Actually DK there are 4 of us from my family that went to Michigan. My Dad, my sister, myself, and then my brother.  Maize and Blue runs in my family's blood stream.

BD.                        ;D

Dodge Ram Trucks
www.ramtrucks.com

Fish For Free
www.fishforfree2.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Advertisements

Visit Other Features of GreatLakesBass.com using the links below

Site Home | News | Videos | Bass Forum | Bass Tips | Articles | My Confidence Products | Tournaments

GL Blog | Weather | Fishing Pictures | Building Bass Boats | Conservation/Legislation | Bass Biology

Advertise | Site Sponsors | GreatLakesBass.com Store | Online Shopping

Site Map | Contact Us | Search | About Us | Links | Link to Us | Resources | Privacy Policy | Disclosure Policy
Stop Spam Harvesters, Join Project Honey Pot

VigLink badge